Closed Thread
Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't buy it @Maxwellsmum. Each time I go to CT I buy 'the babies' a little gift though. They sound like two very special pieces you've held on to there. I'm guessing most of us have a good few pieces squirreled away!
    Thanks @ECM1981! Good luck for your CF results too.
    @tuxcat and @JulieMalooley If I can't get 18 y/o eggs to work for me then I'll know I've tried my best.
    @tuxcat What sort of design work do you do? Textile design? You must be very talented! If/when I give birth I'd love to be let loose in Seed (with a gift voucher of course!).
    Last edited by Tahli; 27-03-2016 at 19:33.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-03-2016),Blossom74  (28-03-2016),ECM1981  (27-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016),tuxcat  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    Warren is a big believer in the split dose. On the last day he has recently started giving the final split dose 2 hours before trigger. He used to say to do it early afternoon, but apparently during his "holiday" reading he read that it is helpful 2 hours before trigger. With most medications regular dosages are better, so I'd think it cannot do any harm.
    Thanks very much for your response! I'm convinced! Hopefully start tomorrow if bloods go well so will split my 450 gonal F dose to two doses in morning and night.

Very interesting about the last shot 2 hours before trigger. Will also keep that in mind!

Thanks again! X

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Turtle02 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-03-2016),Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Gagingi  (29-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    I didn't buy it @Maxwellsmum. Each time I go to CT I buy 'the babies' a little gift though. They sound like two very special pieces you've held on to there. I'm guessing most of us have a good few pieces squirreled away!
    Thanks @ECM1981! Good luck for your CF results too.
    @tuxcat and @JulieMalooley If I can't get 18 y/o eggs to work for me then I'll know I've tried my best.
    @tuxcat What sort of design work do you do? Textile design? You must be very talented! If/when I give birth I'd love to be let loose in Seed (with a gift voucher of course!).
    I've been much too scared to buy anything. I've never felt like it would work so buying something would've just felt ridiculous to me I suppose. Maybe I should buy something this time?

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (27-03-2016),Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Bongley  (28-03-2016),Gagingi  (29-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016),Tahli  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I brought a couple of things years ago and that was it. When i got pregnant i was too scared to buy anything until i was around 30 weeks sux what long term ivf grief causes.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Bongley  (28-03-2016),Gagingi  (29-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016),Tahli  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls im just looking for some advice as googling is getting me anxious! I am on ovulation day today (even though we dont really try naturally anymore) and i have sharp pains on my left side lower loke they are near the ovary BUT i also have constipation. This happens quite regularly i have realised. Im not sure if its just my body being weird or if it could be more severe like endo which i dont want to add to my list of things! My last laproscopy the Dr said he removed a small amount of endo and adhesions but i have never been diagnosed with endo and i dont really get painful periods. I just was hoping for some advice or thoughts seeing as its a long weekend and i wont be able to talk to the Dr that did the laproscopy until tuesday. TIA and i hope you all have had a nice day. I agree that its hard to get through these special occasions without children. Its nice to know i am not alone xxx

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016),Tahli  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @Blossom74 I'm not sure whether it's b/c she's a virgin or b/c she's 18...or both?? I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. I'm guessing some clinics would treat her and some wouldn't. I'm wondering if it's a bit of an ethical dilemma for a FS too. I know I've spent time thinking about it.
    Our financial settlement should take about 6 months all up I hope, that's providing we can avoid going to court. The worse case scenario is I take an IVF break for 6 months and then resume. I've just emailed my ex to let him know I've engaged a solicitor. He may now completely block releasing IVF money to me.
    I hope a proven donor picks you and dh ASAP!! When do you expect to hear back from the bank?
    Enjoy your early night, .

I know you'll be wanting to get right into it all straight away, but if you have to wait for 6 months I suppose it's not the end of the world. Not ideal, but at least it would mean you'll be able to do another round which is the main thing. It might be nice for you not to have to beg your ex for the money too! That must be so bl00dy frustrating and I'd hate to have to go and beg to my ex for something so very personal. I am so pleased you are going to be able to give it another go though hon. I'll have everything crossed for you

Re: The bank, I got a text from them on Thursday saying they would be calling me within 24 hours to discuss our application, which was now "In Progress." Then of course the holidays happened and we heard nothing! I am expecting that they will call tomorrow, most probably when I am at work. Hoping it gets approved - I feel that it might so let's hope I'm right there.

Also waiting on the Minister of Health for approval for our advertisement. I am so anxious to get the ball rolling, and this is a real lesson in patience for me!
    Last edited by Blossom74; 28-03-2016 at 08:36.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),Bongley  (28-03-2016),Caesardust  (28-03-2016),faithandhopellove  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016),Tahli  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    It's not just you love : (

I've had a rough day too.. One of my beautiful friends who's been doing IVF found out last nite she's pregnant.. She bloody deserves it.. She's been thru a lot and is a beautiful soul.. But selfishly for me its really hitting hard. Bcos the natural evolution is that she unfortunately now bcomes a friend who will be pregnant and have a child like all my friends have in the last 15 odd years. And Again I'm alone. I wish it didn't always end up this way.

I've also been balling my eyes out tonite over my dad who today can hardly breathe, and who I love with every inch of my heart. I curse every single person who has ever profited from the sales of cigarettes..my dad was hooked from 12yrs old, I wish he'd stopped smoking a million years ago. If anyone in here smokes... PLEASE please stop now while u still have time to heal ur body.

My dad turns 70 on Wednesday and tonight my heart broke watching him struggle, breathless and looking grey from lack of oxygen. He's never been like that before. But I guess his smoking has finally caught up with him. It was scary & sobering. He hates doctors & medical stuff Bcos his mum died young with asthma.. But Ive convinced him to let me take him to my GP on Tuesday to hopefully get him some help & relief.

Tonight honestly girls, I just feel angry with the world. I'm sick and tired of being sad, and worried about everything for years and years.

Thank god I have my DP to help me remember there is still things to be thankful for.

Big hugs hon That must be terribly difficult to watch your Dad struggle like that. I'm an ex-smoker myself. I started smoking when I was 15 years old (the legal age back then was 16) and I continued to smoke a pack a day until I turned 28. I gave up cold turkey in the end and am very pleased I did. Subsequent xrays many years later showed my lungs were quite healthy, however I know that if I'd not kicked the habit that would not have been the case.

Also wanting to send a big hug to everyone on here who has struggled over Easter.

I sort of feel like there must be something wrong with me because TBH I don't really think too much about not having a baby during the holidays. I can get upset when I see a little baby from time to time but otherwise I just keep busy and try not to focus too much on it. Things are different, of course, when I'm actively IVF'ing. Then all I can think about is babies! But general day to day life, well, I don't know. I don't tend to dwell on it so much.

I suppose it comes from years and years of accepting that I won't ever be a Momma. You know how you just think "Well, it's not going to happen, so I may as well accept that and try to go on as best I can." Such a sad way to think in some respects, but IVF has given us renewed help that it may indeed be possible. Especially if a beautiful donor steps up to help us

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),Bongley  (28-03-2016),Caesardust  (28-03-2016),Charlie74  (28-03-2016),faithandhopellove  (28-03-2016),Gagingi  (29-03-2016),Kookii  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, with regards to buying baby stuff, I have never bought a single thing. I always worried it would jinx us if I did.

Actually, a friend of mine has a cot, a cradle, a change table and a pram all stored away in her garage for us. She asked me the other day if I wanted to come and collect it all. I had to refuse as I thought if we never ended up with a baby it would be too painful to see it all sitting there in our garage.

She is going to keep it at her place until we need it

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),Bongley  (28-03-2016),faithandhopellove  (28-03-2016),Gagingi  (29-03-2016),Kookii  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016),Tahli  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning everyone!

So today we are meant to be going out to the forest. Again. I am bl00dy over it and don't want to go! I've had enough of hauling wood for the weekend and everything is starting to hurt. Plus I have loads of jobs to do around the home today, before I head off to work tomorrow.

Just FYI, I won't be around tomorrow, lol. I'll be coming home late Wednesday evening.

Perhaps I should send DH out to get the wood so I can potter about here on my own and get stuff done. That's a good idea!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),Caesardust  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016),Tahli  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blossom74 Without going into too much detail, my r'ship with my ex involved financial DV...and I know when it comes to DV the 'financial' type doesn't sound like much, and I do very much appreciate that, but it was sole destroying, exactly as he wanted it to be. I knew I'd have to beg (literally) for this last lot of money pre financial settlement. Anyway.
    Definately send DH out today on his own! You deserve some sort of Easter break even if it is pottering about at home doing jobs!
    I hope you'll have your brick phone on a nice loud setting tomorrow for the bank's call. Everything's crossed a thousand times over!!!
    @Charlie74 I feel your pain and frustration. I lost my Mum to Emphysema in July. She was 58 years old/young. Flipping heartbreaking watching some-one's life come to an end this way. I wanted to scream at the world to stop smoking too. I hope your Dad can receive treatment to delay things and make him as comfortable as possible. Humongous compassionate hugs hun, xxx.
    @ECM1981 I'm so sorry I can't help you. I also get left ovary pain when I have bowel things going on (Metformin didn't help), which made it quite confusing last cycle. I didn't know if I was constipated or if one of my embryos was implanting. I hope you can get an answer, and not an Endo type of one.
    @Caesardust I hear you. Rationally we know it can't make any difference to the outcome of a pregnancy...BUT we lost out rationality years ago!!!
    @Turtle02 Good luck today!
    @midnite01 Ditto. I remember being huge when buying DS's pram and I was so scatter brained by then you could have sold me a dolls pram!
    I found out today that the 18 y/o's twin sister is currently doing (I presume, her first) cycle for some-one at another clinic. Apparently it's going well. Naturally, I've asked for more details and to see her profile! IF, and of course it's a huuuge 'IF' things progress well and any-one wants to see my ED's profile I would happily share it. I'd love it if there were Aussie siblings!! I can dream....
    Last edited by Tahli; 28-03-2016 at 09:31.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-03-2016),Blossom74  (28-03-2016),Charlie74  (28-03-2016),ECM1981  (28-03-2016),faithandhopellove  (28-03-2016),Gagingi  (29-03-2016),midnite01  (28-03-2016),Summer  (28-03-2016),Turtle02  (28-03-2016)