Closed Thread
Page 26 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 967
  1. #251
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,322
    Thanks
    5,151
    Thanked
    7,771
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Interesting. Logistically, how do you manage when you get 5 offers? Are you allowed to chat to all 5 people to get to know them better, or do you have to say "Well, you were the first one to offer so I'll go with you." I don't want to do the wrong thing should I ever be so lucky to have someone (or multiple people) want to help me....
    @Blossom74 Well they happened one after the other. Also, you can be open and say 'I am chatting to someone at the moment but it's just chatting at this stage'. The first potential donor (PD) never really got stuck in with questions or communicating that much, so after a while I figured she wasn't too focused about it and we just talked about general stuff every once in awhile and I think she wanted to find someone more local to her in Perth.

    PD2 was really serious and after a couple of weeks of emailing every day we were going to start skyping but my partner and I had decided we wouldn't be able to do it financially and we turned her down (she told me she was going to make an offer to us....I cried at that, not knowing if we'd done the right thing!). Then maybe a few days after that PD3 contacted me but that fell through after a couple of weeks (long story) then my current donor (PD4) contacted me just as PD3 fell through. THEN PD5 contacted me just before I announced on EDA that I'd found a match. *whew* Yeah, it was a very intense few weeks.
    This is probably putting off more people than encouraging!

  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2016),Blossom74  (31-03-2016),faithandhopellove  (31-03-2016),Precious40  (01-04-2016),tuxcat  (31-03-2016),winsor  (31-03-2016)

  3. #252
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,620
    Thanks
    5,875
    Thanked
    8,555
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    And here I am getting excited over my PD1!!! 😳

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2016),Blossom74  (31-03-2016),Bongley  (31-03-2016),Precious40  (01-04-2016),winsor  (31-03-2016)

  5. #253
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Avalon, NSW
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    8,828
    Thanked
    3,770
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    @faithandhopellove, how are you going hon? Have you had any more scans lately? Hoping everything is going along well for you, DH and your little bubba
    Doing ok thanks Blossom. I still have the wobbles for want of a better term. Things get me teary very easily but I'm improving overall. Hearing all the good news coming from the ladies here is lifting my spirits though. It feels like we have all been through a bit of a winter and now it's finally spring. Time to move on and enjoy life a bit more.
    I have a progress scan this afternoon so slight nerves for that but also looking forward to seeing big bubba again (I have taken to referring to our twins as little bubba - who is obviously not growing anymore and big bubba). Uh oh teary again. Oh geez.

    Anyway, I think that's a great idea about writing a book. I cannot write to save myself but love reading. Make sure you save us all a signed copy. Then we can claim bragging rights. "Ah yes, Blossom and I go way back".

  6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2016),Blossom74  (31-03-2016),Bongley  (31-03-2016),JulieMalooley  (31-03-2016),Petal40  (31-03-2016),Precious40  (01-04-2016),winsor  (31-03-2016)

  7. #254
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,960
    Thanks
    28,421
    Thanked
    14,525
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @Blossom74 Well they happened one after the other. Also, you can be open and say 'I am chatting to someone at the moment but it's just chatting at this stage'. The first potential donor (PD) never really got stuck in with questions or communicating that much, so after a while I figured she wasn't too focused about it and we just talked about general stuff every once in awhile and I think she wanted to find someone more local to her in Perth.

    PD2 was really serious and after a couple of weeks of emailing every day we were going to start skyping but my partner and I had decided we wouldn't be able to do it financially and we turned her down (she told me she was going to make an offer to us....I cried at that, not knowing if we'd done the right thing!). Then maybe a few days after that PD3 contacted me but that fell through after a couple of weeks (long story) then my current donor (PD4) contacted me just as PD3 fell through. THEN PD5 contacted me just before I announced on EDA that I'd found a match. *whew* Yeah, it was a very intense few weeks.
    This is probably putting off more people than encouraging!


    Not at all. This is the sort of thing I feel I need to hear about before we get to that stage. I like to be prepared.

    So if it's not too personal, when you got the offer from PD4 (your actual donor) how did you know she was The One?

    Did you have lots of contact prior to donation?

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2016),Bongley  (31-03-2016),faithandhopellove  (31-03-2016),Precious40  (01-04-2016),winsor  (31-03-2016)

  9. #255
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,960
    Thanks
    28,421
    Thanked
    14,525
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxcat View Post
    And here I am getting excited over my PD1!!! ������

    You have every reason to be excited hon, I'd be over the moon too!

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    Bongley  (31-03-2016),faithandhopellove  (31-03-2016),Precious40  (01-04-2016),winsor  (31-03-2016)

  11. #256
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,960
    Thanks
    28,421
    Thanked
    14,525
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    Doing ok thanks Blossom. I still have the wobbles for want of a better term. Things get me teary very easily but I'm improving overall. Hearing all the good news coming from the ladies here is lifting my spirits though. It feels like we have all been through a bit of a winter and now it's finally spring. Time to move on and enjoy life a bit more.
    I have a progress scan this afternoon so slight nerves for that but also looking forward to seeing big bubba again (I have taken to referring to our twins as little bubba - who is obviously not growing anymore and big bubba). Uh oh teary again. Oh geez.

    Anyway, I think that's a great idea about writing a book. I cannot write to save myself but love reading. Make sure you save us all a signed copy. Then we can claim bragging rights. "Ah yes, Blossom and I go way back".

    Ha ha, will do hon. You'll all get a mention, I'm sure

    Big hugs for you, and lots of luck for your scan today. I'm sure everything is going along just fine but at the same time I bet you're very happy to be able to see big bubba again. It is not lost on any of us how much you have been (and are still) going through.

  12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (31-03-2016),Bongley  (31-03-2016),faithandhopellove  (31-03-2016),JulieMalooley  (31-03-2016),Precious40  (01-04-2016),winsor  (31-03-2016)

  13. #257
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Avalon, NSW
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    8,828
    Thanked
    3,770
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow @Bongley that sounds quite stressful. Good, but stressful! I am thinking about our empty second cot and half revisiting in my mind what we will do if we decide to go for a second bub. Kind of weird when I am sitting here with a big round belly but DH admitted he has been thinking about it too. My FS actually told us after our 5th cycle that the wait for a donor in Aus could be up to 3 years. I think it was just ignorance on his part (or maybe he was just trying to get more money out of us for another OE cycle!) but that's when we looked at OS options as our plan B. Still I'm not sure if I could do the EDA thing. I am actually quite shy and introverted so would probably be passed over by most people in favour of more gregarious women making lots of contacts. Hmm. Pondering.

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

    Blossom74  (31-03-2016),Bongley  (31-03-2016),Precious40  (01-04-2016),winsor  (31-03-2016)

  15. #258
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,322
    Thanks
    5,151
    Thanked
    7,771
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Not at all. This is the sort of thing I feel I need to hear about before we get to that stage. I like to be prepared.

    So if it's not too personal, when you got the offer from PD4 (your actual donor) how did you know she was The One?

    Did you have lots of contact prior to donation?
    @Blossom74 We saw each other around the forum and then she emailed me and we chatted for a few weeks then went to a meet up, chatted for 90 mins and she made me an offer there and then! She was just very nice and we have lots in common and she seemed really reliable and sensible, good health history, mental and physical. We became facebook friends too so you can see a bit of their life through that. She is geographically close but not too close, wanted the same level of contact (pretty much just facebook updates and the occasional meetup) I was worried about her young age and the fact that she doesn't want kids but that faded away when I met her and her partner. Her first recipient actually got UTD (2nd transfer) as we were cycling so that was a relief too.

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

    Blossom74  (31-03-2016),Precious40  (01-04-2016),tuxcat  (31-03-2016),winsor  (31-03-2016)

  17. #259
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,322
    Thanks
    5,151
    Thanked
    7,771
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    Wow @Bongley that sounds quite stressful. Good, but stressful! I am thinking about our empty second cot and half revisiting in my mind what we will do if we decide to go for a second bub. Kind of weird when I am sitting here with a big round belly but DH admitted he has been thinking about it too. My FS actually told us after our 5th cycle that the wait for a donor in Aus could be up to 3 years. I think it was just ignorance on his part (or maybe he was just trying to get more money out of us for another OE cycle!) but that's when we looked at OS options as our plan B. Still I'm not sure if I could do the EDA thing. I am actually quite shy and introverted so would probably be passed over by most people in favour of more gregarious women making lots of contacts. Hmm. Pondering.
    @faithandhopellove Well, yeah the more active you are the better. If you can express yourself well online, (which you obviously do!) then you have a great chance. I told myself I'd give EDA 6 months and if that didn't work I'd do Cape Town. However I know 6 months is 6 months too long for most of us over 40s!

  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

    Blossom74  (31-03-2016),faithandhopellove  (31-03-2016),JulieMalooley  (31-03-2016),Precious40  (01-04-2016),winsor  (31-03-2016)

  19. #260
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,195
    Thanks
    5,089
    Thanked
    7,030
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck today @faithandhopellove and say hello to big bubba from me

  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

    Blossom74  (31-03-2016),Bongley  (31-03-2016),faithandhopellove  (31-03-2016),Precious40  (01-04-2016),winsor  (31-03-2016)


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Baby U & The Wiggles - Toilet Training ProductsToilet training can be a testing time but Baby U is there to assist you and your toddler with the daunting task of ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›