+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone diagnosed with complete placenta previa AND irritable uterus??

So I'm 20 weeks and have just been told I have both complete placenta previa and irritable uterus. (My tech said that my placenta previa is the one that's least likely to move from covering the cervix). I've had 2 small bleeds- at 9wks and 16weeks. Having irritable uterus with constant Braxton hicks and intense bouts of back pain & front pain scares me that It will cause placenta previa bleeding! Feeling scared about possible complications & premature labour. If like to know others experiences who have had both PP & IU and whether baby was born early or term & any complications you had. my doctor really doesn't know anything about the specifics of pregnancy, she is only a GP so I'm after info from you if you can help please.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    No advice but good luck zx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, I to have been diagnosed with grade 4 placenta previa anterior os. Currently I'm 26wks + 1 due end of July but have c-sec scheduled for 10july at 37wks if I don't go early. Having a general as a safer option. Like we all think it'll never happen to me, my son is 9 yrs and his pregnancy was easy and straight forward like his natural delivery unlike this one I struggle to get up in the morning now and go to work (still full time), not sure how much longer I will last though. My bag is already packed and at the door if we get the in case. My son has matured a lot since I told him he was going to be a big brother he knows what he has to do if I say we have to go to hospital at a moments notice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for replies, the Irritable uterus episodes have been less frequent the past 2 weeks which is good (no idea why though). I'm nearly 26weeks and no bleeds as yet... Still 6.5weeks until I get my scan to see where placenta is. The waiting sux.... Really feeling down and anxious..I'm not sleeping well, eating less and feeling like I want to be by myself lately. Any more input would be appreciated.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Toffeeapple For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (26-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi ladies.. I know you would have had your babies by now but I'm in your exact spot. I'm 30 weeks with grade 4 pp and irritable uterus. how did you ladies go in the end? would love to hear your stories..