+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 114 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by julianicholson View Post
    Hi @hopefull29 the sore boobs are the worst! I found heat packs helped to reduce discomfort. Another friend found cooling her boobs worked better during her pregnancy so she bought the gel breast pads from the chemist and put them in the freezer (I am sure they make something for warm also). I remember when I used crinone even just the slightest touch was painful. Keeping fluids up can help a bit but not really....sorry.

In terms of the distraction of candy crush- try the game 2048 or 2048 6x6 I am not a gamer either, but the challenge has me hooked.

AFM- last night I kept feeling like AF was coming which FREAKED ME OUT BIG TIME!, I of course got my google on an saw some reassuring posts around the place. I gave in - more to prepare myself for the worst and POAS this morning and 2 pink lines showed up, so hopefully this means it is for real.... I have done a completely natural cycle with not a single med so surely this can't be a false positive....
    Congratulations!!! Yay that's wonderful news. So happy for you.
    I had a good feeling about your embie. Fingers crossed those lines continue to get darker xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @lotsathoughts - I think thats the biggest problem lots of people think they know what IVF is all about but until you have truley gone through it yourself I dont think anyone understands. Distancing yourself sounds like the best option for you at the moment hun she is not listening to you even if you are trying to be upfront. Support is what you need at the moment not her dramas and you shouldn't feel guilty about that you have to look after yourself. So sorry to hear af has turned up for you, look after yourself, thinking of you x

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (12-06-2016),lotsathoughts  (12-06-2016),sumteng  (13-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @lotsathoughts and @hopefull29 BT is Wednesday now as I have funeral on Thursday when it was meant to be. I am not counting chickens just yet, but certainly gave me a sense of relief. First time I have ever POAS and seen 2 lines so that was a tad exciting, but like I said erring on the side of caution especially after the m/c earlier this year. I will keep you all posted. xx

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to julianicholson For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (12-06-2016),hopefull29  (12-06-2016),lotsathoughts  (12-06-2016),Muchulu1  (12-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts sorry to hear AF arrived. I know I can't say anything to ease the pain Take care, I'm thinking of you xx
    @julianicholson All is sounding very promising!! This might just be the one! Got my fingers crossed for you

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muchulu1 For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (12-06-2016),lotsathoughts  (12-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone else on here had cancelled cycles? What were the reasons if you have? This waiting game is getting harder and harder! I can't wait to start again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All, I'm new to Bubhub. I am currently awaiting my blood test tomorrow to tell me if I'm pregnant and not feeling so positive. I've just done my first round of IVF after finding out that at 35 I have a low egg count😳 Im doing IVF on my own, including all the injections (which were fun!!). The scans showed some eggs but my treatment was extended to day 15 to collect the eggs and I lost a lot that were too old (sizes 27). In the end I had one good egg which was implanted at day 3. I was left feeling very disappointed.
    When being stimulated the hormones certainly mess with you (nausea, tiredness and bloating). So I'm not hopeful that I'm pregnant as my period has been quite painful with dark red/brown bleeding for a few days. Its hard when some of the symptoms make you think you could be pregnant but are also the symptoms of the treatment.
    I have been shocked at the limited support options in the community. I had hoped to join a support group so that I had others to talk to about this journey. My family and friends have been great, its just a hard place to sit in... being excited but then very practical in case it doesn't happen...this makes it hard to really say to others what I'm thinking and feeling. Does anyone know any support groups in perth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @katham welcome to the thread. Sorry you haven't had the best experience for your first try. It is all very draining, emotionally, physically and of course financially.

I live in SA so I am not aware of any support groups for you.

I have found this forum to be amazing as you can share everything you are going through with people who are going through the same thing - next best thing to a face to face support group.

It is all very difficult and I have found that IVF is still quite taboo and people who haven't experienced it can most definitely have their opinions on everything. I would suggest you keep up with the threads on here and post any questions or feelings you might be having. All of us have had varying experiences and varying levels of success, you can also chat about meds and what your FS is suggesting and we can all let you know what our experiences have been.

It can be very disappointing when things don't work good luck with everything and let us know if we can help in any way.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to julianicholson For This Useful Post:

katham  (12-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 - Thanks hun, he works 2 weeks away and then has one week of R&R at home. He is due home Thursday week.
    @Heyside - I know the feeling, I usually end up with one third of my eggs being surviving embryos. I'm hoping for a decent haul this time.

The clinic spoke with my FS and he changed my first dose from 150iu to 225iu and then will increase it if needed. First needle this morning and it didn't hurt a bit. It's been 2 years since I had to do a swim cycle and it feels strange doing it again!

I hope you all had a lovely Sunday!

xx

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MAQ247 For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (12-06-2016),Muchulu1  (12-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Julia, Im looking forward to hearing about others experiences. If tomorrow is not good news I will see the FS in 2 weeks time and will discuss my next treatment option.
    Its good to know i have somewhere else to go with my questions. Im on the embryo waitlist but I'm not ready to give up on having my own bub yet 😊😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @katham its good that you have options. Look at this as the test run if it isn't successful and now the FS knows how your body responds etc they may change your meds and the processes etc. At the end of the day FS want success just as much as we do, so they will do everything they can do for you. How does the embryo wait list work? do people donate to you? sorry I just don't know much about it.