+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lotsathoughts View Post
    Sorry just need to vent...

I have been pretty level headed about IVF this time round. I know how lucky I am and I'm always grateful for what I have.
    Did a mini winge to someone who has no empathy and was told...
    That I'm lucky I'm in a country where IVF is possible
    Money can be re earned (she has heaps!)
    I need to just stay positive (she is always so negative)

Coming from someone who dramatizes everything!

E.g. her first pregnancy she called me crying about how quickly she fell pregnant...knowing about us and IVF.
    That's just one example...I have sooo many!

I see a psychologist who has been fab. She's helped me understand that this person is used to taking in this relationship and it might take years to retrain our relationship. I keep trying tho. Every time something is happening with me she has something and it's always bigger. When really she's had a good life. She would really struggle with IVF. And I hear of all the struggles you ladies go through and with such dignity and it makes me even more mad...she is so ungrateful and wouldn't know what real pain feels like.

Have any of you ended relationships because they've been too taxing?
    What about if they're family?

Hi @lotsathoughts sounds like this negative nelly is someone you might need to have a bit of space from. During these trying, exhausting and devastating times that can be IVF I strongly suggest you surround yourself with people who are positive and compassionate. It is stressful enough without others adding to your emotional distress.

Have you tried talking to her about it? She might just be one of those people who are completely oblivious as to how their words and actions can impact on others...

Ultimately this is the opposite of what you need right now, I would be giving it some time and space.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by belinda780 View Post
    @I have heard so much about this Warren, he must be amazing! Is he in Brisbane? Maybe I could go and see him if no luck!
    @belinda780 Wazza has a long waiting list (you can get in earlier if you're located nearby and let the reception girls know you can rock up at the drop the hat. He also has Charlotte Mooring who mentors under him and does a fair few sub in's during the yr (Waz has quarterly holidays, so you're bound to meet the lovely Charlotte at some stage). If you're really keen, you can also ask to get in to see Charlotte (shorter waiting list) as they're in the same office and consult/review all their cases together. At my last scan, the appointment was with Wazza but because Charlotte did my FET, she came in so she could also see my progress. If I had it my way again, 3yrs ttc, I would have started with Wazza!

P.S. Wazza has his own fan club on the BubHub forums - look up "Dr Warren De Ambrosis-Wazza appreciation thread"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sumteng For This Useful Post:

belinda780  (12-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lotsathoughts View Post
    Nope sorry I haven't had that. Did the nurse say what it could be? Are you in WA? No long weekend this weekend.
    Good luck, hope it stops over the weekend X
    Yep I'm in WA. Discharge seems to have stopped (for now anyway). Nurse indicated they may need to up my Progynova? I suppose a BT & scan will shed some light on the situation 😔

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All, just some update on my today BT and Scan today. 7 good size follicle were observed one 15mm, one 16mm, one 18mm, two 19mm, one 20mm, one 21mm others 7 or so were under 15mm, nurse told me to be realistic and focus the good seven one. Estrogen level were 6425 and lining thickness is at 12mm. Nurse said no risk of OHSS. phew!~

Did trigger shot tonight and canceled our family dinner because trigger was at 7.30pm which I am fine with that as I don't feel like going out anyway. EPU on monday 7am luckily its public holiday so my mom will come over and babysit DS.

Girls, please tell me how bad EPU is in terms of pain level? I am only on local anesthetic. Hubby will go with me in the room.

Also any tips on hubby providing sperm? he told me when he did the SA the cup was bloody small and hard not to spill some out lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by obesebaby View Post
    Hi All, just some update on my today BT and Scan today. 7 good size follicle were observed one 15mm, one 16mm, one 18mm, two 19mm, one 20mm, one 21mm others 7 or so were under 15mm, nurse told me to be realistic and focus the good seven one. Estrogen level were 6425 and lining thickness is at 12mm. Nurse said no risk of OHSS. phew!~

Did trigger shot tonight and canceled our family dinner because trigger was at 7.30pm which I am fine with that as I don't feel like going out anyway. EPU on monday 7am luckily its public holiday so my mom will come over and babysit DS.

Girls, please tell me how bad EPU is in terms of pain level? I am only on local anesthetic. Hubby will go with me in the room.

Also any tips on hubby providing sperm? he told me when he did the SA the cup was bloody small and hard not to spill some out lol
    Ooh those follies sound like awesome sizes! Hopefully a few more catch up by Monday!!

I'm doing epu on Friday most likely! I'll be under local also. So let me know how it goes!! Are you going to take any pain killers/relaxants beforehand?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF/FET May-June 2016

@obesebaby congrats on your 7 good size follies Hun. Awesome news! Lining is also sounding great!
    My EPU was done under sedation so I didn't feel/remember a thing. Pain afterwards was non existent for me. I bounced back really well. Had some bleeding afterwards which I wasn't quite expecting but only lasted that day. I only had 4 eggs though so I think that's why I was very much pain free. If you're getting a local you shouldn't really feel much besides some pulling/pressure sensations I would think.

DH always complains about the cup size. Lol. He'll just have to aim well. I always say to my DH if that's the least he has to do he has got it bloody easy. Shuts him up pretty quickly. Will he do it at home? DH did his at home then we just went straight there and delivered it to the lab. They checked to make sure it was ok and all was fine (if there wasn't enough/good quality they'd just ask for another sample).

All the best for Monday! So exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @obesebaby good luck for Monday. I was sedated for both of my EPU's so I can't give you any insight re: the procedure. As for afterwards, I was mostly tender and uncomfortable, I overdid it a bit (wine tour the next day for a friend's birthday) so I ended up quite sore this time, previous time I was fine.

My DH never really mentioned anything about his end of the process so I can't give any advice, sorry.

Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mac247 - looks like we are cycle buddies. I started menopur injections yesterday. I normally stim for a while 17/18 days though so my EPU may end up after you. Good luck with injections

Sending endless sprinkles of baby dust to all xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by obesebaby View Post

Good luck for Monday. I'm also normally sedated for EPU, I find the local the toughest part. I do still feel my FS pushing around a little but they also normally have to push on my tummy to locate me on an ultrasound. Normally only painful for about 24 hours or so xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @obesebaby I had EPU on Wednesday under local with some pain relief through an IV and it honestly wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I didn't feel too much pain just a bit of discomfort. Had a bit of bleeding though but that only lasted that day. A little bit of stomach pain the next day but didn't need anything for it.

Fingers crossed for you, you'll be fine. And the best part about being awake is hearing the embryologist call out the egg numbers!