ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefull29 View Post
    So excited for my transfer tomorrow morning!

Does anyone know if I can change my mind regarding transferring 2 instead of 1 embryo on the day? I was going to ask the embryologist on the quality of them and if they look like they won't make it to freezing I was going to transfer two.
    Our original plan was to transfer one however given the low numbers and early transfer we would like to transfer two now.
    We're totally fine if it ends up being twins. Just not sure if they'll let us change our mind on the day?
    If they say the other two embies still look healthy and strong we will try get them to frosties but if they're likely to not make it I'd like to give them the best chance.
    @hopefull29 I'm excited for you! All the best for tomorrow. I hope everything goes smoothly & you get a sticky one 😊 I'm not sure about the last minute double transfer. I know at our clinic a double requires official disclosure of all the risks & a separate consent signed by you & your FS. I suppose its logistically possible in a fresh cycle? Will your FS be doing the transfer or will it be another FS from their team?
    I love love love the idea of twins but the risks scare me 😬

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @hopefull29 wohooo! Exciting that it's almost transfer day. I'd call up first thing if I were you so that any arrangements can be made.
    Let us know what they say.
    The hardest part is holding the full bladder, but I must say this last round it wasn't too bad. Had a long chat after my transfer about my poor eggs that didn't survive.
    Anyway, good luck. What time do you head in?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (09-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefull29 View Post
    @Muchulu1. Thanks. We went over the risks in the initial appointment. They said they advised single transfers given our age, and first attempt but said ultimately it's up to us. I guess I'll find out in the morning. It's my FS doing the transfer.
    @hopefull29 awesome that your FS is doing the transfer! Fingers crossed they agree to the double. Good luck! Is DH going with you? Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 aww so cool your clinic says its up to you! I hope it's not too late for you to do a double. Twinnies, yay! Good luck regardless!!

I have my follies scan tomorrow, super excited!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @mrsthomo - sorry to hear about your neck and problems sleeping hope you get a better nights sleep tonight.

hopefull29 - Good luck for tomorrow hun, hope all goes well. I say go for the double transfer, I asked for a double again this time but Warren has his hands tied and been told he has to restrict them, he honestly said he would transfer two for everyone if he could. Hopefully your fs agrees it definitely makes sense. Great yhat your DH will be there too x
    @SurferGalGC - Good luck for your scan hun keep us updated.

Afm - Sat in our hotel room in Brisbane ready for EPU tomorrow. Not feeling too much at the moment but I suppose that doesn't mean much as I generally dont feel too much anyway. Just happy to get over this first hurdle and know our numbers and take it from there.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (09-06-2016),SurferGalGC  (09-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 - Good luck!!! I also think they may not be able to do a double last minute but no harm in asking!
    @Heyside - Good luck to you as well! I've got everything crossed for some amazing healthy eggs that fertilise!
    @SurferGalGC - Keen to hear how many eggs are in there! Fx you're not overstimmming.
    @kmvw - may as well keeping testing, and keep us posted!
    @laugo - thank you! Still nothing which is sooooo annoying.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (09-06-2016),hopefull29  (09-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone, I'm not someone who has posted much lately as I've needed a break from this crazy IVF ride. Quick rundown: After being diagnosed with male factor issues after years of trying naturally we were lucky enough to fall pregnant on our first ICSI cycle with our son and froze four day 5 blastocysts. I know how blessed we are to have him every day.
    Over the last 7 months we have been trying again and after 3 failed FET cycles we decided to use our last egg. Knowing we weren't going to be able to afford to go another full cycle for a long time. Hours before our final transfer I got my period - very random and with no explanation so after an emergency call was made the egg wasn't thawed and we put it off for a few more months until my cycle got back on track (they had done a D&C). This month we transferred that last egg and I am 9dp5dt and hadn't tested as I was so scared to see yet another negative. I decided to test tonight before the blood test tomorrow, and was so nervous I pee'd on the test without removing the plastic lid! Managed to save that and after waiting 3 minutes and sobbing on the kitchen table I made my husband look and he said 'what does two lines mean?' So technically I'm pregnant and I just can't believe it. I've had mild cramps, have felt tired and peeing lots at night but just thought that was from the steroids I'm on.
    I just wanted to post this story because I'm hoping it has a happy ending and I know I like reading about happy endings xo

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kate124 For This Useful Post:

belinda780  (10-06-2016),GM9  (10-06-2016),julianicholson  (10-06-2016),lotsathoughts  (10-06-2016),mrsthomo  (10-06-2016),sumteng  (10-06-2016),SurferGalGC  (10-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @hopefull29 - No hun I will want to be at home to recover just didnt want to stress out getting to the hospital tomorrow as we live over an hr and a half away which in peak hour traffic can take and extra hr.

I would ask their opinion tomorrow and go with your gut feeling hun! I have to tell you the story of our last transfer, we had persuaded Warren to put two of our frosties back in out fet. When it came to transfer the scientist explained that one had started to split and we had a high chance of it resulting in twins and with the second embryo a possibility of triplets. Warren advised us to go ahead anyway but we were given the ultimate decision. DH looked at me and said "Go for it we will buy a bus!!!" I was shocked and all I could say was "What about me, its me that will be carrying them". The whole room cracked up laughing he was thinking so pratically it didn't even cross his mind how it would effect me - bless him! Unfortunately we didn't have the issue to deal with as it was another bfn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside good luck for epu tomorrow, hope you get some quality eggs
    @hopefull29 good luck with transfer tomorrow, tww how exciting!
    @lileitak I tested again tonight, it's still positive. I'm dreading the call tomorrow

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kmvw For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (10-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kate124 so lucky that your first transfer worked! I'm sorry you've had a hard time since and omg you must be nervous for today!!!! I hope they get your results back super quickly.

I actually LOLed about peeing on the stick with the lid on. Aww haha I'm sure you're not the first and you won't be the last! I hope your husband has been giving you lots of cuddles because you sound like you need some xx

Good luck good luck good luck with your BT!!!!!!