+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 94 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @hopefull29 the gp said the antis I'm on are ok if your pregnant so it's a good start. I'm looking forward to chatting to my nurse though. My blood test is Wednesday. It can't come quick enough. Has anyone else had a BFP even though they've had negatives when they poas?

Been reading along and I have been thinking of everyone xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @GM9 - We are all different huj and deal with this in our way, if it helps you yo be open about your journey then thats good. There are only my mum and one close (very new) friend that know about our difficulties. I opened up to my mum after my blighted ovum/possible ectopic as I needed someone to talk to and opened up to my friend as she is going through similar things at the moment, its nice to talk to someone who gets it.

Good on you girl for going it alone, sounds like you are a really strong lady who is better off without the ex making things more difficult, really hope its a stress free journey from here, you are definately in with a shot good luck x
    @littlerayofsunshine87 - Try not to worry too much hun, your dctr cant have been too worried to give you the antis. I cant see the uti effecting the whole outcome either. Definately phone and speak to your nurse tomorrow though too see what she says.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm definitely out. POAS is negative tonight and blood test due tomorrow. Not even going to bother going for blood test and will just stop crinone and wait for AF

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @littlerayofsunshine87 yes I tested at home, I poas (equivalent to 14dpo) after my last fully stimulated cycle, it was a bfn. I had a blood test equivalent to 16dpo and it was a bfp. Ok things didn't work out very well long term as it was a blighted ovum and my numbers weren't rising sufficiently but yes it can happen.
    @Apples1234 - Don't stop anything just yet hun you never know what can happen. In the example I had above I had given up hope but it may have turned out ok. Only a bt will confirm the accurate outcome. It can be so hard though at this point and I can understand how you feel, thinking of you x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Apples1234  (29-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just don't want to get the blood test because I'm tired of receiving the "it's negative" phone call from the nurses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know that phone call is hard I usually get on the defensive when I am expecting that discussion and open the conversation by saying "I know you are going to tell me its negative and I need to now plan my next step" Some how I find it easier that way. Just dont stop the meds though hun you would hate that if it turned out to be a suprise positive.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Apples1234  (29-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

GM9  (29-05-2016),Heyside  (29-05-2016),hopefull29  (30-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck to everyone having scans and EPU's... trying to keep everyone straight at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by GM9 View Post
    Hi everyone, jumping on this thread.

I am on my very first cycle using donor sperm (at 39!). So far on FSH, Aspirin, & currently Cetrotide. I'll be on HCG & Progesterone support post transfer. Have my USS on Wednesday am to check my follies. All going well, I'll have my EPU on Friday. I have a range of emotions floating around but trying to stay as calm as possible. Already preparing for a failed first cycle with hopefully a BFP on the second. LOL. If only it were that 'easy' huh?! Obviously, I'd love it to work first go but preparing for the worst to start with.

I have never been pregnant before although tried for a while with my ex. All my tests have come back fine so far, although my AMH is a tad lower than average for my age. My biggest concern is the quality of my eggs. Fingers crossed for us all!!
    Hi GM9 I am also doing IVF with donor sperm. I have just finished my third stim cycle, hopefully you will get a BFP much quicker!

Quote Originally Posted by Muchulu1 View Post
    @GM9 welcome!!
    You will love this thread. So good to have ppl to cycle with. At times IVF can be very lonely but having well informed girls to chat with makes all the difference!
    Good luck with your first cycle. It's so exciting when you finally get to start!! Sounds like your pretty realistic. When I first started I really thought I'd be pregnant within 2 cycles. I was very naive & it just lead to disappointment. I'm much more realistic now & it makes it a lot less painful when things don't work out.
    Hope you have some good follies on Wednesday!
    Have you told any family/ friends that you'll be doing IVF?
    Are you using donor sperm because you're going at it alone?
    Hope the IVF treats you well. All the best xx
    Muchulu1, I know the feeling. I started in August and was busy telling everyone of course I would be pregnant by Xmas... why wouldn't I be?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skeeter For This Useful Post:

GM9  (29-05-2016),Muchulu1  (29-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    In for my scratch tomorrow morning - not looking forward to it, but ready to get moving with this cycle.

I expect our transfer will be about a month from now. Cannot believe we're about to board this rollercoaster again. 😭

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littlerayofsunshine87 View Post
    Hey ladies, I'm a bit worried. Today I've developed a UTI. Been to the doctors and I've started on antis. Just wondering and worried that this might be detrimental to this cycle. Had transfer last Saturday so 8dp5dt today, also POAS this afternoon and bfn at this stage. I would ring my nurse but it's Sunday. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Xx
    Agree with Heyside, you'll be fine on anti's the doc prescribed. I went to the hospital with severe shortness of breath and pain when I was just 6w with DS and found out I had bacterial pleurisy. I was on anti's for 10 days I think and he turned out just fine.

Good luck!!