+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 934
  1. #371
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,157
    Thanks
    3,963
    Thanked
    5,215
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartnutella View Post
    Thanks Malsam
    Feeling better this morning but still a tad uncomfortable
    We got news this morning from the dr that out of our 12 eggs collected and fertilised with ICSI that we have only 4 embryos
    We now wait til day 5
    I'm just wondering what other people have experienced and what conversion rates were
    I'm just hoping we get that one lucky one
    Fingers crossed
    Great that you are feeling better today hun. Take one step at a time with your embies now hun unfortunately this is the frustrating part as its all out of your control. Do you hear in between now and day 5? Good luck hun x

  2. #372
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    10
    Reviews
    0
    @Heyside good luck for your cycle !!! Its funny how at different stages of this journey we either pray for AF to come and other times to stay away. I dont think i will test. Im not very confident at the moment and too scared to know the outcome.
    @Heartnutella good to hear you are feeling a little better today. 4 embryos is great. Fingers crossed they progress nicely for you over the next few days.

  3. #373
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    921
    Thanks
    385
    Thanked
    578
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartnutella View Post
    Thanks Malsam
    Feeling better this morning but still a tad uncomfortable
    We got news this morning from the dr that out of our 12 eggs collected and fertilised with ICSI that we have only 4 embryos
    We now wait til day 5
    I'm just wondering what other people have experienced and what conversion rates were
    I'm just hoping we get that one lucky one
    Fingers crossed
    General rule is a 50% fertilisation rate. For future you can improve egg quality with CoQ10, Luveris. Don't use Vit E for eggs and for sperm use menevit.

    Don't feel too disheartened. Whether I get 4 eggs or 18 I always only get 1-2 blastocysts at the end of 5 days. Sucks to go through all that and get one but that's how it is.

  4. #374
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    921
    Thanks
    385
    Thanked
    578
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well I'm 8dp5dt and the line is getting lighter. Barely there now (on POAS). I'd say it hasn't worked. Why won't you stick little embries!!!!! You're killing me. Starting to feel a bit AF crampy too! ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1464233901.875189.jpg

  5. #375
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,750
    Thanks
    1,420
    Thanked
    1,148
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apples1234 View Post
    Well I'm 8dp5dt and the line is getting lighter. Barely there now (on POAS). I'd say it hasn't worked. Why won't you stick little embries!!!!! You're killing me. Starting to feel a bit AF crampy too! Attachment 81558
    Sorry you're feeling disheartened. This is a tough journey xx

  6. #376
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked
    21
    Reviews
    0
    Hi guys,
    I've been reading the thread and it is great to know I'm not alone in the craziness that is IVF.
    I'm a little worried that things are going pretty crappily and wanted to see if anyone had similar experiences or thoughts.
    This is my second cycle and both times I seem to get few eggs at collection, and even fewer than are mature or fertilise.
    Both cycles have had 20+ follicles on US, first cycle 8 eggs, 4 mature and none fertilised (w PICSI). Thought endometriosis may be contributing more (also have PCOS Plus MFI), so had laparoscopic clearing out.
    Now second cycle (egg collection yesterday) I had 5 eggs, 3 mature enough and awaiting for full fertilisation results but nurse says not good (not fully fertilised, have to wait).
    I don't get it. I don't get how they can't get more eggs out if I had so many follicles, and I don't get why so few are fertilising. Totally at a loss.
    Any ideas?

  7. #377
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,157
    Thanks
    3,963
    Thanked
    5,215
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apples1234 View Post
    General rule is a 50% fertilisation rate. For future you can improve egg quality with CoQ10, Luveris. Don't use Vit E for eggs and for sperm use menevit.

    Don't feel too disheartened. Whether I get 4 eggs or 18 I always only get 1-2 blastocysts at the end of 5 days. Sucks to go through all that and get one but that's how it is.
    So much different information out there I get so confused, Wazza has me on vitamin E for a fresh cycle!

    Quote Originally Posted by Apples1234 View Post
    Well I'm 8dp5dt and the line is getting lighter. Barely there now (on POAS). I'd say it hasn't worked. Why won't you stick little embries!!!!! You're killing me. Starting to feel a bit AF crampy too! Attachment 81558
    Try not to give up just yet hun, I POAS at 9dp5dt and got a negative only to get a bfp at bt (unfortunately it didn't work out to term but you may just have a late implanter), so hard though.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

    Apples1234  (26-05-2016)

  9. #378
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    921
    Thanks
    385
    Thanked
    578
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default IVF/FET May-June 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by xinan View Post
    Hi guys,
    I've been reading the thread and it is great to know I'm not alone in the craziness that is IVF.
    I'm a little worried that things are going pretty crappily and wanted to see if anyone had similar experiences or thoughts.
    This is my second cycle and both times I seem to get few eggs at collection, and even fewer than are mature or fertilise.
    Both cycles have had 20+ follicles on US, first cycle 8 eggs, 4 mature and none fertilised (w PICSI). Thought endometriosis may be contributing more (also have PCOS Plus MFI), so had laparoscopic clearing out.
    Now second cycle (egg collection yesterday) I had 5 eggs, 3 mature enough and awaiting for full fertilisation results but nurse says not good (not fully fertilised, have to wait).
    I don't get it. I don't get how they can't get more eggs out if I had so many follicles, and I don't get why so few are fertilising. Totally at a loss.
    Any ideas?
    My suggestion for better embryo quality after 5 rounds is:
    COQ10 - but from chemist
    Luveris - doctor to prescribe
    Don't take vitamin E until after egg collection. Great for lining but can damage eggs
    Get your embryos PGD tested to check you are able to create embryos without genetic abnormalities which is something that happens more and more as we get older. If it turns out you can't you'd need to consider donor eggs, but that's jumping ahead.
    Royal Jelly is meant to be great also

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

    xinan  (26-05-2016)

  11. #379
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    921
    Thanks
    385
    Thanked
    578
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    So much different information out there I get so confused, Wazza has me on vitamin E for a fresh cycle!



    Try not to give up just yet hun, I POAS at 9dp5dt and got a negative only to get a bfp at bt (unfortunately it didn't work out to term but you may just have a late implanter), so hard though.
    Vit E is great for lining but damaging to eggs. Don't use for stim and as soon as eggs collected then take high dose. This comes from Prof. Kelton Tremellen if you'd like to look him up.

  12. #380
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    921
    Thanks
    385
    Thanked
    578
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Now I feel like I sound like a know it all. Not true but I've researched, done lots of cycles, spoken to leaders in the field and just sharing what I know xx


 

Similar Threads

  1. Ivf miracles due may/june/july 2016
    By StillHopeful in forum pregnancy and babies through IVF
    Replies: 603
    Last Post: 04-04-2018, 21:19
  2. IVF babies due june 2016
    By sarah1982 in forum pregnancy and babies through IVF
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 31-05-2016, 10:49

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
ProSwimProSwim runs learn to swim classes for babies, children and adults. Our indoor centre in Plympton Park has lessons all ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Perth mumsGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
I am...#22General Chat
Struggling with TeenagersGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Abdominal painConception issues & ttc
Dashing N Delicious DecemberConception & Fertility General Chat
Clothing IssuesGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Student MidwifeFirst Trimester Chat
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›

ADVERTISEMENT