+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi bundle of joy!! Hopefully you'll be as lucky this time round too with your frozen baby!! I will certainly have my fingers crossed for you.

I'm 27 but I just don't ovulate...at all. Haha. Hubby is fine, he has no issues. So after unsuccessful ovulation induction we went straight to IVF. We were lucky too that our first cycle (frozen due to being overstimulated) worked and we have a gorgeous little boy.

Maybe with your age @hopefull29 and not having low egg count you'll be similar to me.
    we got 19 eggs which turned into 13 good embryos so still have quite a few left luckily.

75% is awesome!! Wow! They gave me about a 50/50 chance. Pretty much said it was down to just picking an embryo that is genetically normal but they can't tell that in the lab...I'm hoping that by already having 2 failed attempts this means probability is on my side 😁

I can go for walks so this is my plan and lots of stretching. My normal exercise is crossfit so I get really hot which isn't advised. You can't have spas, use heat packs or anything after the transfer I case you heat you body up.

What is the nasal spray you use??

Also ladies some places advise you not to wear perfumes or aftershaves when you go in for the transfer. There's a theory that heavy scents can impact the embryo.

When is your period due @hopefull29?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 if you have any questions about the egg collection feel free to ask away. Theres never too personal a question in the world of IVF!! 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys,

I am back from Melbourne, I have my scan and bloods tomorrow to find out when I will be having my collection - mosty likely Friday or Monday if it is like my last cycle. Welcome to all our new buddies.

Good luck to everyone at all of your different stages. @MissyK the 2 week wait is the worst! Keeping busy and distractions are the only thing that has helped me in the past.

The annoying part with my cycle this time is we aren't doing a fresh transfer due to PGD. This means I will be waiting for AF to arrive so I can hopefully have a FET with my next cycle if the testing shows some if not all are okay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @hopefull29 bloods and scan went well I am going in for collection tomorrow. I have been doing acupuncture which has paid off as my egg count looks like it will be much higher. I will touch base and let everyone know how it all goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck tomorrow!! 🤗🤗🤗 I'll be thinking of you. Let us know how you go.

@hopefull29 I had scans maybe every 2 days. I had my final scan on a Friday then collection on the Monday. I went from having 12 on the Friday to 19 in the collection.

I can't remember having bloods too often. I had bloods done the Friday following egg collection and I went in for transfer the next day to be told they couldn't do it cause of being over stimulated. Then I had bloods every few days to watch the hormones go down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 I remember I went in every couple of days for u/s to check on my follies mainly to check that they were growing and to check whether I needed to increase/decrease meds.

I can't remember what my instructions were post transfer now but all I remember was that I was walking on egg shells haha! just like every woman who goes through IVF

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET May-June 2016

@hopefull29 my nurse has told me not to do any activity that will raise core temps, so go easy on the physical stuff. She also said after ET to take a day off if you have a physical job. I'm currently two days into the TWW and have scaled back on exercise but am trying to live my life as normal as possible (although the progesterone is making me feel worse for wear)
    As for your job... I know it's hard but put yourself first this time. This whole process is way too draining! I have had my students ask where I've been and I just tell them I've had some important medical appointments, no need to say anything else

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mrsh1984 I'm just a day in front of you! I was just saying to my husband that's it's been the slowest 3 days ever. I feel at ease and not stressed or anxious but it seems to have been a long week.

How much progesterone is everyone on? I'm on 4 pessaries a day. They're soooooooo expensive. And with my first pregnancy I was on 5 and had to take them until 12 weeks.

What cities is everyone in? Just out of curiosity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MissyK I'm on a pessarie at night and one crinone in the morning. I got mine with my meds at the start of the cycle so wasn't too expensive..
    I feel the same as you, anxious one minute then fine the next. I guess we are at the stage now where it will happen if it happens!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @julianicholson how are you feeling?? I really hope it all went well. Long weekend now to recover. All my thoughts!! 😘

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MissyK For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (29-04-2016)