+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    794
    Thanks
    479
    Thanked
    332
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Does anyone have a land cruiser or prado are they good & ideas on 4th anchor point?

    We are looking at purchasing a land cruiser 200 series but apparently it doesn't have a 4th anchor point, we are planning on at least 4 children and will need 4 anchor points does anyone have an after market anchor point in their cruiser?

    Alternatively considering a prado but worried will be a bit squishy with 4 kids and will have to have CRAB bar installed in this for 4th anchor point. Any advice? 😊 if you have either pros and cons please

    Land cruiser would be 2010 model or newer and Prado would be 2012 or newer thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,053
    Thanks
    1,069
    Thanked
    866
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hiya. We have a 2008 model Prado and we've currently got 4 kids and just had an embryo put back in so hoping for #5 (blended family and DH & my first together).

    We were able to fit 3 car seats in the middle set of seats no worries at all and the kids never felt squashed it actually worked well as they all had their own personal space. Our eldest was over in the back seat and now we have 2 over there & 2 in the middle and still not squishy.

    We've never needed 4 anchor points though.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    6,737
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked
    907
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default Does anyone have a land cruiser or prado are they good & ideas on 4th anchor ...

    We have a 200 series landcruiser. It only has 3 anchor points in the middle tow, none in the 3rd row.

    3 seats fit easily across the middle row

    Would only be an issue if you had 4 kids that needed tethered carseats with harness all at once.

    You can use untethered boosters in the 3rd row

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

    Soon2be4  (16-03-2016)

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,308
    Thanks
    3,424
    Thanked
    1,832
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We made an anchor point for the extra chair. Works fine.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    794
    Thanks
    479
    Thanked
    332
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    We made an anchor point for the extra chair. Works fine.
    How did you make an extra one? Is that for cruiser or prado

    I've been researching for a month now it seems the only way to get a 4th anchor is to put a CRAB bar in.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    794
    Thanks
    479
    Thanked
    332
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaybeBabyIVF View Post
    Hiya. We have a 2008 model Prado and we've currently got 4 kids and just had an embryo put back in so hoping for #5 (blended family and DH & my first together).

    We were able to fit 3 car seats in the middle set of seats no worries at all and the kids never felt squashed it actually worked well as they all had their own personal space. Our eldest was over in the back seat and now we have 2 over there & 2 in the middle and still not squishy.

    We've never needed 4 anchor points though.
    Fx for the emby x

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Soon2be4 For This Useful Post:

    MaybeBabyIVF  (16-03-2016)

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,393
    Thanks
    815
    Thanked
    688
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    We made an anchor point for the extra chair. Works fine.
    What do you mean you "made" one? If you mean to say that you did it yourself, that is incredibly unsafe not to mention illegal.

    OP, if you're on Facebook, there is a really awesome group you can join, https://www.facebook.com/groups/chil...aints/?fref=ts
    If you ask there, I'm sure there will be lots of advice from people who have had to fit 4 kids.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,308
    Thanks
    3,424
    Thanked
    1,832
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DarcyJ View Post
    What do you mean you "made" one? If you mean to say that you did it yourself, that is incredibly unsafe not to mention illegal.

    OP, if you're on Facebook, there is a really awesome group you can join, https://www.facebook.com/groups/chil...aints/?fref=ts
    If you ask there, I'm sure there will be lots of advice from people who have had to fit 4 kids.
    Sorry, that did sound as if "we" did it ourselves. It was a poor choice of words - we were there when he did it. It should have read we got it done ourselves - it wasn't there when we bought it. One of our friends does it at his work and did it for us. It works fine - similar to the ones in the row infront - we just needed to put the bolt in.

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    368
    Thanks
    374
    Thanked
    146
    Reviews
    1
    We have a prado, we bought it brand new last year. Very squishy, they are big on the outside but tiny inside especially with the 7 seats up. Have no idea about anchor points but I have 2 car seats (they are the infasecure (0-8)) and you can barely fit another kid in there even without a car seat.

    My sister just bought the latest model nissan pathfinder and it is huge inside and when you put the 7 seats up, there is still room in the boot.

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,393
    Thanks
    815
    Thanked
    688
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Sorry, that did sound as if "we" did it ourselves. It was a poor choice of words - we were there when he did it. It should have read we got it done ourselves - it wasn't there when we bought it. One of our friends does it at his work and did it for us. It works fine - similar to the ones in the row infront - we just needed to put the bolt in.
    Well that's a relief


 

Similar Threads

  1. 3 seats in Toyota Prado
    By Wheaty in forum Safety Issues
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-01-2017, 21:23
  2. Hyundai Trajet anchor point third row
    By 3cheekyboys in forum Parents with large families
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-10-2015, 10:21
  3. Replies: 274
    Last Post: 18-06-2015, 21:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Sarah Tooke Childbirth & Parenting EducationProviding private, personalised antenatal childbirth & parenting education to expectant parents in the comfort of their ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
❤Joyous June/July TTC!❤Conception & Fertility General Chat
Buying baby stuff whilst TTCConception & Fertility General Chat
LTTTC terrified to testConception & Fertility General Chat
Do people suck...?General Chat
Car Seat for Nissan Navara 2013 STXProduct Recommendations & Questions
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›