+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My major peeve with the whole season was how much they repeat previous scenes there was probably only like 10 mins of new content each week.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

emski72  (26-05-2016),Phony  (27-05-2016),TheGooch  (26-05-2016)

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Interesting... Proof you can't trust editing on 'reality' shows
    http://www.mamamia.com.au/michelle-seven-year-switch/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to almai For This Useful Post:

monroe78  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by almai View Post
    Interesting... Proof you can't trust editing on 'reality' shows
    http://www.mamamia.com.au/michelle-seven-year-switch/
    I picked up that Michelle seemed depressed right from the start of the series and found it interesting others disagreed.

I wonder why the producers cut the PND parts out. Any reason though, would be not good enough to me. Im glad she got to write that article and get it out there.

I secretly hope that once she is well again that her and Jason will get back together.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to monroe78 For This Useful Post:

almai  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monroe78 View Post
    I picked up that Michelle seemed depressed right from the start of the series and found it interesting others disagreed.

I wonder why the producers cut the PND parts out. Any reason though, would be not good enough to me. Im glad she got to write that article and get it out there.

I secretly hope that once she is well again that her and Jason will get back together.
    I thought right from the start that her problem was not the marriage but motherhood. I figured some PND was at play. I'm certain the reason she had so much fun with Ryan was not because she was away from Jason but because she was away from the children and the stresses that come with them. I think I mentioned it a few times. I thought it was a pretty obvious call.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    I thought right from the start that her problem was not the marriage but motherhood. I figured some PND was at play. I'm certain the reason she had so much fun with Ryan was not because she was away from Jason but because she was away from the children and the stresses that come with them. I think I mentioned it a few times. I thought it was a pretty obvious call.
    Totally. Plus some of the telltale things she said that the editors obviously allowed us to see, were a dead giveaway for me and i got the impression she is at home a lot for long hours, just her and the kids and not going somewhere like a playgroup etc to get out of the house.
    I have seen a couple of people question why she would go on the show given the PND then.
    Maybe that was why the producers left it out, so the public wouldn't blast her for doing the show. Or blast the production crew for casting her.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to monroe78 For This Useful Post:

almai  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    I agree.
    Although I only watched a few episodes ( my dh was hooked) every time I saw her I said she has pnd because I could see so much of me in her. I think she enjoyed her time away so she could be herself and not just "mum".

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

monroe78  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And in the article it mentions that when they fell pregnant with their first, they were "poor". I think that might go a long way to explain why Jason was so hellbent on being such a good provider and working so much. He may have felt a touch of failure about not having everything sorted for the baby to come along. Anxiety about not being a good provider is a very real thing for a lot of men.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

almai  (27-05-2016),monroe78  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think she also enjoyed her time away as she wasn't constantly stressing about being a "perfect" mother, as her babies weren't with her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I knew the show was trashy and somewhat unethical but I think editing that out completely is extremely irresponsible. For one thing, she's copped it on social media which is particularly unhelpful for someone with depression issues. Secondly it obviously affected their relationship significantly and the omission means that their 'story' is incomplete. Thirdly it would have actually been helpful/ interesting for the psychs to address that and in doing so contribute awareness - I'm sure a lot of mums watching saw some of themselves in Michelle, I think it was a real missed opportunity.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

almai  (27-05-2016),Green Cheese  (27-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So disappointed Michelle's PND was not addressed. Missed opportunity to help people understand the struggle, but also the opportunity to improve. I too thought it was glaringly obvious though.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to YeahYeahYeah For This Useful Post:

almai  (27-05-2016)