+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Once a month but I honestly don't use it that often we normally bbq or use the air fryer and have take out once a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Once Upon a Time View Post
    I give mine a wipe over each time I use it and a proper clean about every 6 months. Apart from the racks (which I soak in napisan overnight, works a treat) it takes me about 45 mins of "baking" time (bicarb, vinegar and water mix, baked for 45 mins) and 90 seconds of wiping. Easy!
    What portions of vinegar / bicarb / water do you use?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I give mine a wipe over each time I use it and a proper clean about every 6 months. Apart from the racks (which I soak in napisan overnight, works a treat) it takes me about 45 mins of "baking" time (bicarb, vinegar and water mix, baked for 45 mins) and 90 seconds of wiping. Easy!
    I did this today. Mine isn't too bad but I spilt some oil on the bottom last night so I used this method to clean it. No time at all once the 45 minute wait is up.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default *spin off* How often do you clean the oven?

Is That equal portions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    He anyone got an oven like this?
    Total PITA

image.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I cleaned the oven in my old house once, and that was after we sold it, right before we were moving out. It wasn't even all that bad, but I made sure I left it spotless. I wouldn't have bothered except that we rented that house back off the purchasers for a couple of months and I didn't want there to be any issues getting the bond back.

Haven't yet cleaned the oven in our current house. It's old and almost too baked on to bother. It doesn't affect our cooking and we plan to build a new house and bulldoze this one so I don't really care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    This is how clean I got our old oven the one time I cleaned it. It wasn't too bad before that but I was shocked how sparkly it got! There's no way our current old oven will ever look like this!
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1457913325.886453.jpg

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (14-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cevapa View Post
    Is That equal portions?
    I kind of just throw it in a bowl together. I'd say it's about equal portions. I never bother to measure. It'll froth up and then you dab it on the glass and all around a cold oven with a sponge. Bake for 45 mins and wipe off with a sponge or soft cloth.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Once Upon a Time For This Useful Post:

Cevapa  (14-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    A quick cleaning video if you have Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/cleverly.me...5714507632328/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsIsMe View Post
    We built this house and put in a self cleaning oven, it's the bomb! Just soak the racks in the bath in washing powder and wipe clean, turn the oven to pyro and all is good. Do it every now and then when I think about it.
    Oh this is the reason I popped in here! Do these really work?? I think I'm going to see if I can see mine then upgrade to one of these!! So does it have its that don't come off or does it look new every time?

I clean mine every 6mths, the glass door more often, mind you it never looks brand new there is always something somewhere that does not come off!