+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Default ABA Breastfeeding class, worth it?

My local library is running an ABA breastfeeding information class next weekend. I'm due in a few weeks with my second child. Couldn't establish breastfeeding with my first so am doing what I can to prepare for success this time around.

The cost is $90. Has anyone been to one of these classes that could tell me if they found it useful and worthwhile? $90 is quite expensive but I'm happy to pay that much if it will be helpful. TIA

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have never paid for an ABA course, I have only contacted them by phone once or twice. I found my mchn the most helpful for all breastfeeding matters, but I understand that can be a hit and miss, depending on who is your local provider. There are many women here who are absolutely champion breastfeeding mummas, I don't know how much more the ABA could offer beyond what knowledge is here in bubhubland. hugs, marie.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (11-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I went to 3 breastfeeding classes not by ABA though. These classes are run by the hospital. I didn't pay anything as I've already paid for the hospital excess otherwise the class was around $350 each. Not sure why so expensive. It ran for 4 hours. Basically the LC was there to check on attachment, etc. we got to feed Bub twice hence it ran for 4 hours. When Bub slept, we just chatted. It was really good. It gave me confidence that I wasn't doing the wrong thing.

Could you check with your MHN if there's a free class run by the council?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did the ABA class before my first was born over 4 years ago. While it was interesting, I already knew a lot from my own discussions on here and in my due group, then after Bub was born I got the most benefit from the lactation consultant at the hospital and the nurses and mchn who gave personal advice that was relevant to my situation. I had lots of issues with my first breastfeeding and slightly less with my second, I did joke maybe if I had 6 kids I would finally have worked out enough kinks to breastfeed longer than 6 weeks.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Cheese For This Useful Post: