Closed Thread
Page 52 of 133 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    oh gosh, there needs to be an over 40s group hug!

@Gagingi Im so sorry to hear that, I forgot you were cycling so had no idea. Take care and I hope you get news that you have some embies. big hugs

@Charlie74 Blonde has said it well, try not to get ahead of things as hard as I know it is. Focus on your holiday coming up, leaving some of this IVF shiz behind whilst you're having a break is for the best. Oh and yes totally agree about the jealousy thing, she's been tied to the kids for her whole youth when we were out having a great life. Ten points to her as she had kids early...and now she's 40 and mid life crisis is maybe hitting. People are also ignorant of how that might have upset you. Dont focus on it, its her issue not yours.

@Tahli I hear ya, 8/9/10 are the worst I think too as its too early to get an answer so you're just going out of your bloody mind analysing everything. And about your ex-husband, Im so appalled by that, BIB summed it well. Thats so unbelievably awful I hope he got burned by that gf or whoever, anyone!! Some people have got no shame, and to do that to your wife. Makes me so mad. Keep up the chocolate goodies - whatever gets you through I say. I wouldn't be worried about the caffeine. Seal up that bubble right now!!!

@winsor Ive been to epas a number of times and it does get super busy so if you do want to go in the morning get there early, I think it opens at 7 but if you can be there before it you will get seen quicker, otherwise it can be a long wait. I hope everything is ok, big hugs

@BlondeinBrisvegas nice that you're getting lots of DD cuddles but bad thats she's sick, poor little thing. Guys are less able to cope with being alone, I think thats very common amongst them. My DH always had girlfriends whereas I was mostly single with the odd rendezvous and a couple of relationships, I liked being single. Good when he moves out though as that stuff can make things messy in the beginning hey. Hope DD improves and is much better tomorrow

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-03-2016),Blossom74  (16-03-2016),Bongley  (15-03-2016),Corbes  (15-03-2016),Gagingi  (15-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016),Tahli  (15-03-2016),winsor  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were planning to do PGD/freeze, but at EPU Wazza was very reluctant to do scratch as he wants to transfer anything that is not PGD-able. We ended up with tiny scratch and he started me on transfer drugs. I got 17 eggs so again had to go through OHSS support rigmarole. As I've had two stims in a row my ovaries are hemorrhaging badly. It will be a miracle if there is one embie and we always get CCs, so they are not biopsiable. We can biopsy day 3, but it is min $3K. If they transfer any dodgy ones it will be at 9am tomorrow, so too early for PGD assessment anyway. It's going to be a messy day and I'm very confused as to what Wazza's position is on us and PGD.

@Tahli - who do you go through for DE?

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-03-2016),Blossom74  (16-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016),Tahli  (15-03-2016),winsor  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all ive got this darned cold so feeling like ****ttt. Good hubbie made some lentil soup/stew last night so that will do for dinner. Waves to everyone sorry ive not had a chance fir personals today xxx

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-03-2016),Blossom74  (16-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016),winsor  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gagingi - really sorry to hear your update. It's just crap. Will you do another cycle after this one to try and get some more normals ? If you do, I guess a months break to give your ovaries a rest is in order. By the time I do my fourth and last cycle next month I will have had 3 months between EPU's.
    @Charlie74 - focus on your holiday coming up and try not to think too far ahead. I am guilty of this too and have to curb my planning ahead gene.
    @winsor - I hope everything is ok. Pink sounds ok but I understand your need for a reassurance scan. I would want one too.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-03-2016),Blossom74  (16-03-2016),Bongley  (15-03-2016),Charlie74  (15-03-2016),Gagingi  (15-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016),winsor  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Share packet of Flake Bites down (there's so few in a pack!!). 8dpo down. I'm down. Damn hormones, expectations, jetlag.
    At least the first half of tomorrow, 9dpo, will go quickly. The ex and I are touring 2 primary schools for DS in the morning. I've already put both applications in. One of them means ducking his head in some holy water asap, before May's interview with the parish priest and headmaster. So transparent but apparently necessary. Oh & not admitting that we're separated. And starting to donate to the church's building fund via monthly direct debits etc. I can't believe we're slotting straight into the cliche!
    The other school means I really need to buy a black 4x4 and wear gym clothes for drop off and pick ups, and full make-up. And I think the kids do school camps to China & Europe instead of a local National Park with burnt marshmallows.
    Kids from both schools are all pretty much sibling groups of 3.
    @Gagingi Big hugs for where you're at hun. It sounds super hard. I'm with Cape Fertility Clinic, Cape Town.
    Last edited by Tahli; 15-03-2016 at 18:15.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-03-2016),Blossom74  (16-03-2016),Bongley  (15-03-2016),Gagingi  (15-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016),winsor  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Charlie74 and @Tahli sounds like you have been with some right axxwipes and must be such a relief to have left the behind now. I also have a story to match with my ex dating a prostitute for months while he was unemployed and I was out working full time. He wooed her and didn't pay for the deed after awhile. I think he found himself in too deep and she managed to get my number to call me as she wanted her money! What a complete shock it was! I still almost don't believe it but the girl sent me naked photos of him and would not leave me alone for a number of weeks. She was a messed up individual just like he was. I still managed to feel most sorry for myself though rather than them which had me in all sorts for a long time.

Least talk of tragic exes helps distract everyone from ttc today a little.

@gagini I hope you can transfer something tomorrow and that some embies make it to day 5.
    @Charlie74 it was me who said dr NL talked to me about the stem cells in the uterus for improving lining. Could you maybe talk to him about it? I'm going to ask him about trental was it?

So I got the paperwork for my lap from both FS today. What are the chances? I will make a decision tomorrow who I go through but it's looking like it will be with Dr NL as going through the cheap clinic is just not going to get me anywhere again and I'll regret not doing Pgd. So this evening has been one frantic thought and realisation after another about how long it will be before I can transfer again. I've been told to do down reg. Lap in April then hopefully a stim in April too and a freeze all Pgd. When after Pgd can you do a transfer? How long does it take? I remember someone saying it takes ages. Would I be able to transfer in May or would it have to be June? Thanks ladies.

Sorry for the mega post 😳😳😳

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-03-2016),Blossom74  (16-03-2016),Charlie74  (15-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016),Tahli  (15-03-2016),winsor  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Green lady View Post
    @Gagingi - really sorry to hear your update. It's just crap. Will you do another cycle after this one to try and get some more normals ? If you do, I guess a months break to give your ovaries a rest is in order. By the time I do my fourth and last cycle next month I will have had 3 months between EPU's.
    @Green lady we'll definitely cycle again. I think we'll do a FET next month and then probably back-to-back cycles again. I had thought we seem to do better in the second month of the back-to-back, but maybe not given this cycle's result. Wazza says it's a numbers game and I'm inclined to agree. I was trying to avoid as many transfers with PGD as I find TWW and its meds very draining. It might just be emotion/stress, but physical symptoms. Wazza seems very keen on transferring whatever cannot be frozen and that seems stronger than last year - so I suspect he's had some low quality embies take and doesn't want anything wasted. in future I'll do a scratch day 1-5 I think. I'm thinking more about DE, but not ready yet to give up on OE.

Good of luck with your cycle. My LH was low when I got the 50% empty follicles - I don't know if the two were related, but seems odd that it's only happened once out of 7 cycles.... I was on Luveris this time and no empties.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-03-2016),Blossom74  (16-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016),winsor  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Charlie74 I think your friends comment was pretty insensitive. I do think the girls are right though. Comments such as the ones you and I got are from people who have insecurities and jealousies which come to the surface in little (but hurtful) comments.

As for cheating rats not all of them are guys. My DH's ex girlfriend did the dirty on him. He was so upset it took him 2 years to consider dating again. She also fits into the category of someone who can't ever be alone. Unfortunately she is usually working on acquiring her next victim before she detaches from her last.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-03-2016),Blossom74  (16-03-2016),Charlie74  (15-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016),Tahli  (15-03-2016),winsor  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    Lap in April then hopefully a stim in April too and a freeze all Pgd. When after Pgd can you do a transfer? How long does it take? I remember someone saying it takes ages. Would I be able to transfer in May or would it have to be June? Thanks ladies.
    Technically you should be able to transfer next month with PGD, but I thought most FSs like you to have a few months off after a lap... You definitely need ovaries settled from stimming in order to have lap as enlarged ovaries interfere with lap. Then it would depend if they find anything on the lap.

With PGD they have to be rated min expanding BB to survive biopsy. Day 3 they don't, but then you could biopsy/pay for an embie that wasn't going to make it to day 5 anyway. This is our second attempt at day 5 biopsy, with transfer just being those that are too poor to biopsy or freeze. QFG apparently turns them around in 2-3 weeks, but Monash I think is 3 weeks.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (16-03-2016),Caesardust  (15-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Caesardust I'm glad your paperwork came through - it seems like you've been waiting forever for it. good luck with making your decision

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (16-03-2016),Caesardust  (15-03-2016),Precious40  (17-03-2016)