Closed Thread
Page 115 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1327
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Charlie74 - he just said he'd been to a recent conference where based on the evidence studied, there wasn't any advantage in using the HAICSI and then added that I shoild save the $700 or whatever and not do it. The fact that he told me that in the context of my below average fert rate with ICSI and the fact that he knows the costs isn't a factor in my decision, suggested to me that he really doesn't think it improves fert rates. But now I'm thinking, if it doesn't do any harm, why not just do it if there's even a slight possibility of it improving fert rate. I am nervous about not using it and screwing up my last ever cycle by getting an even worse fert rate than I usually do. I'm going to talk to my FS a about it after Easter when I have my first scan in the cycle. From what I can see Genea and Melbourne IVF both have the special microscope to do IMSI.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-03-2016),Blossom74  (23-03-2016),Charlie74  (23-03-2016),faithandhopellove  (23-03-2016),Summer  (23-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    @Rubywoohoo I am so very sorry - that is the sh1ttiest news. Unbelievable. I hope you can pick yourself up and move forward somehow @Summer here is where everyone realises what a selfish biatch I am. My ex DP had 3 kids and the ex from hell. She too, used the kids against him, filled their heads with lies about Ex DH, made them cry with her bullsh1t about what he was or wasn't doing, etc etc. It went on for the entire time we were together until finally he cracked and told her if she continued doing it he would stop seeing the kids because it was too hard on them and him. She kept pushing and then he took a break from seeing them (selfish on his and my behalf I know) and during that time the scrag moved interstate. We found this out second hand and I admit I breathed a sigh of relief that I didn't have to deal with that any more. They were good kids, but the baggage that came with them affected and basically killed our relationship in the end.
    I agree with the others. This battle with him and his ex could go on for years and you will never forgive him if it puts a stop to your dream. Just tell him you (and he) are doing it. You can't give up your life and your dreams of a child for 'his child'. You need to be a bit selfish here or you will regret it for the rest of your life. Plus it sounds like you both need something happy and positive happening in your life to detract from the other crap that's going on. If he wants you to support him, he needs to support you too. it works both ways. Good luck with whatever you decide..
    Thanks hon, I can see how that would definitely kill your relationship and it's sad for your ex-DH and the kids. Totally sucks for everyone and so selfish of the mothers doing that to their kids. Ours really is pretty minor in comparison and most of the time things run fairly smoothly, so I'm hoping when it all blows over it will go back to being civil... You're right in that I can't give up my life and my dream for his child and I think I do need to be selfish here and call it. Something positive would be great and yes, I've been totally supportive of his dream of having his son more, and it wouldn't have happened without me, so he needs to now support me in my dream. Thanks hon xxxxxx

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-03-2016),Blossom74  (23-03-2016),JulieMalooley  (23-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BlondeinBrisvegas thanks for jumping in. I've only just caught up with everyone's lovely comments, so have taken over the thread

We've talked about this heaps and it is getting to crunch time with DH and I agree, we must have a plan by the end of the weekend! I am getting together the spreadsheet, so I'll have it all there, with potential dates and see if we can finalise it. I'll book in to my counselor for next week too and talk it all through.

I'm not sure about OE, I'm really balking at it because I know my results to date have been appalling, but I haven't quite let go of the last desperate push to see if I can possibly create some eggs... Realistically it wouldn't cost much as quite likely it would just be the stim meds and if I get one follie we wouldn't go to EPU for that, so this will be another topic of conversation with DH for the weekend. Do we do one more OE cycle or not?

Yep the c r u n t is still being a c r u n t! Thanks for making me laugh by saying she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer Had a good giggle at that. It will all be OK, we know we have DSS a minimum of five nights and that's better than three so the pressure is off, but it will be good to have it finalised, and even better to have it finalised without costing any more $$. We have a DE cycle to do!

Love you

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-03-2016),Blossom74  (23-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well, application for bank loan delivered to the Bank and the ball is now in their court.

It seems that life is all about waiting for us IVF girls. Waiting to stim. Waiting to grow follies. Waiting for EPU. Waiting for transfer. Waiting for two bl00dy weeks to see if it's worked or not. Waiting for financing. Waiting for ad approval. Waiting for a donor. Waiting for that elusive lotto win.

For a woman with little to no patience and a short frayed rope, it's asking a lot!

It will all be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.....

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-03-2016),faithandhopellove  (23-03-2016),Summer  (23-03-2016),winsor  (23-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Well, application for bank loan delivered to the Bank and the ball is now in their court.

It seems that life is all about waiting for us IVF girls. Waiting to stim. Waiting to grow follies. Waiting for EPU. Waiting for transfer. Waiting for two bl00dy weeks to see if it's worked or not. Waiting for financing. Waiting for ad approval. Waiting for a donor. Waiting for that elusive lotto win.

For a woman with little to no patience and a short frayed rope, it's asking a lot!

It will all be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.....
    I bet you won't be complaining when you are waiting 9 months though

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-03-2016),Blossom74  (23-03-2016),faithandhopellove  (23-03-2016),Gagingi  (23-03-2016),Summer  (23-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    I bet you won't be complaining when you are waiting 9 months though

That's a wait I'd happily do

Although I have heard the last month contains around 4,936 days

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-03-2016),faithandhopellove  (23-03-2016),JulieMalooley  (23-03-2016),Summer  (23-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rubywoohoo so sorry to hear you news I hope you're ok - take care of yourself.
    @Summer just caught up too. I don't have much to add that the other ladies haven't already said, but I'm glad you're going to have the talk with DH this weekend and agree on the plan. I think it is your time now too. good luck. xx
    @Blossom74 I hope the bank comes to the party. for you

we went to the plant nursery today and have buried little Gracie. why does it have to be called a nursery too. feeling ok considering. we took pics of each step. I did want her to be indoors so she doesn't get cold outside but DP said I was being silly. she's at the balcony glass door where the plant can get some sun & blue sky, so I can see her when inside. I have to keep remembering she's really inside with me and my memories (& painting and glass egg vase DP bought me when we found out) (& I could let her in for winter nights)

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-03-2016),Blossom74  (23-03-2016),Caesardust  (23-03-2016),Chiefsgirl  (23-03-2016),faithandhopellove  (23-03-2016),Summer  (23-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by winsor View Post
    Feeling ok considering. we took pics of each step. I did want her to be indoors so she doesn't get cold outside but DP said I was being silly. she's at the balcony glass door where the plant can get some sun & blue sky, so I can see her when inside. I have to keep remembering she's really inside with me and my memories (& painting and glass egg vase DP bought me when we found out) (& I could let her in for winter nights)

That's exactly right hon, Gracie will always be in your hearts and minds. She will never leave you.

Sounds like you had a beautiful little ceremony for her. And it's so lovely that you took pictures. What a special time for you both as a couple.

Sending you both big hugs

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-03-2016),Summer  (23-03-2016),winsor  (23-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    That's a wait I'd happily do

Although I have heard the last month contains around 4,936 days
    Yep, feels longer than that actually😞

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-03-2016),Blossom74  (23-03-2016),faithandhopellove  (23-03-2016),Summer  (23-03-2016),winsor  (23-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @winsor what a lovely way to remember Gracie. She will always be with you xxxx
    @Rubywoohoo I'm sorry you have had such a terrible cycle xxx
    @Summer can't add anything to what everyone else has said, glad you are getting away this weekend!

Have been reading along but exhausted at the moment trying to get everything sorted for bubs and having no energy!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-03-2016),Blossom74  (23-03-2016),Summer  (23-03-2016),winsor  (23-03-2016)