Closed Thread
Page 1 of 133 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 1327
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,620
    Thanks
    5,875
    Thanked
    8,555
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default IVF over 40 #28

    There was an accident at 6am with car and motorbike on the bridge southbound so I knew it was coming but just thought I'd deal with it. I work near manly so don't have many other options, ferry too far away and it's only twice a week. All roads leading in have been just as bad @winsor but going home should be ok as all lanes now cleared.
    Have a good one everyone!

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-03-2016),Blossom74  (09-03-2016),Precious40  (09-03-2016),Summer  (09-03-2016),winsor  (09-03-2016)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,177
    Thanks
    20,904
    Thanked
    8,082
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ahh. I hope they're ok. glad to hear the traffic is moving again. yes, manly can be a bottleneck at times

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-03-2016),Blossom74  (09-03-2016),Precious40  (09-03-2016),Summer  (09-03-2016)

  5. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,741
    Thanks
    28,224
    Thanked
    14,202
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by winsor View Post
    @Blossom74, I have a good feeling about this cycle. I think Baby Cakes is waiting for you to bring her home


    Thank you love. I really hope you're right. I feel so....desperate about it. I feel like he/she is right there waiting for me too. I am so very sure that I'm meant to be a Momma. I'm just waiting on the universe.

  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-03-2016),midnite01  (09-03-2016),Precious40  (09-03-2016),Summer  (09-03-2016),Tahli  (09-03-2016),winsor  (09-03-2016)

  7. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,105
    Thanks
    7,222
    Thanked
    13,566
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just spoke with Dr M's office. His nurse/receptionist is going to speak to Dr M and call me back. She said some people tolerate Metformin better if taken in the morning and to half the dose to 500mg for a few days til I get over this hypoglycaemic episode. Very dizzy and shattered today.
    @Blossom74 Did you POAS this morning? Still a white screen?

  8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-03-2016),Blossom74  (09-03-2016),Gagingi  (10-03-2016),Precious40  (09-03-2016),Summer  (09-03-2016),winsor  (09-03-2016)

  9. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,105
    Thanks
    7,222
    Thanked
    13,566
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Blossom74 I know this is a little left of field but I'll just throw it out there so you know there are different options.
    On the SA thread recently there was a couple about to give birth to a daughter (I think) and must have decided that one little poppet was enough, so they wanted to gift their leftover embryos in CT.
    Im sure you'd want some sort of contract in place, but in that case it would be the flight over to CT for just you, around $1.2k and the transfer fee, around $700.
    I know you want to use DP's sperm but there must be non traditional options out there.
    But of course Baby Cakes is going to stick!!!

  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-03-2016),Blossom74  (09-03-2016),Precious40  (09-03-2016),Summer  (09-03-2016),winsor  (09-03-2016)

  11. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,741
    Thanks
    28,224
    Thanked
    14,202
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    I just spoke with Dr M's office. His nurse/receptionist is going to speak to Dr M and call me back. She said some people tolerate Metformin better if taken in the morning and to half the dose to 500mg for a few days til I get over this hypoglycaemic episode. Very dizzy and shattered today.
    @Blossom74 Did you POAS this morning? Still a white screen?

    I'm glad they're keeping an eye on you hon. Hopefully you start to feel better soon


    No, I didn't POAS today. Terrible, I know! But I know the Ovidrel line is already gone, and it's too early for Baby Cakes to have implanted, so I figured why waste a stick? Either way there would be nothing to see

  12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-03-2016),Precious40  (09-03-2016),Summer  (09-03-2016),Tahli  (09-03-2016),winsor  (09-03-2016)

  13. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,741
    Thanks
    28,224
    Thanked
    14,202
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @Blossom74 I know this is a little left of field but I'll just throw it out there so you know there are different options.
    On the SA thread recently there was a couple about to give birth to a daughter (I think) and must have decided that one little poppet was enough, so they wanted to gift their leftover embryos in CT.
    Im sure you'd want some sort of contract in place, but in that case it would be the flight over to CT for just you, around $1.2k and the transfer fee, around $700.
    I know you want to use DP's sperm but there must be non traditional options out there.
    But of course Baby Cakes is going to stick!!!


    I hope Baby Cakes DOES stick! Obviously that would be fantastic.

    I had no idea people 'gifted' their embryos though. DH and I agreed long before we started our IVF journey that donor eggs, donor sperm - it didn't matter to us. Our priority is to have a baby and genetics doesn't factor into that for us. As far as we are concerned, to grow a baby in my belly would make it 'our baby.'

    Certainly I'd be able to borrow flight/solicitors fees if it meant a better chance at a successful pregnancy. I can't justify asking someone for $7000 for a full stim cycle with little chance of success though. But flight costs I could arrange.

    It sounds silly I know, especially in light of all the trouble you have had even with DE, but I truly think my body is crying out to get pregnant. Not just that I want it emotionally, but my body is ready for it. I just need a healthy emby.

    I wonder. I wonder if anyone would ever donate one to me?

    God @Tahli, I hope this works for the both of us, I really do. I spend all bl00dy day thinking about how to make this happen. I have never wanted anything so badly in my life. It is such.....pain. It hurts every day. I know I am not alone in that, but....ah. It's one of those days, ya know?

  14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-03-2016),Caesardust  (09-03-2016),Precious40  (09-03-2016),Summer  (09-03-2016),Tahli  (09-03-2016),winsor  (09-03-2016)

  15. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,178
    Thanks
    5,082
    Thanked
    6,985
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @faithandhopellove I just heard your news and I am so, so sorry you poor thing I can't even begin to imagine how you feel...

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

    Blossom74  (09-03-2016),Precious40  (09-03-2016),Summer  (09-03-2016),winsor  (09-03-2016)

  17. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,420
    Thanks
    12,349
    Thanked
    5,047
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Blossom74 I am so with you hon, I've felt for so long now that my body is crying out to be pregnant and that there is a baby out there waiting to come in. It does hurt every day and I feel so left behind and wonder if it will ever happen for us... There is a whole younger generation of my DH's family that we are quite close to, that are all ready to have children (just got one FB pregnancy announcement yesterday) and I just don't know how I'm going to deal with all the new babies around over the next few years if I don't have one myself. I am so crying out for my own family it is ridiculous. I totally know how you feel and am hurting alongside you

  18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-03-2016),Blossom74  (09-03-2016),Caesardust  (09-03-2016),Precious40  (09-03-2016),Tahli  (09-03-2016),winsor  (09-03-2016)

  19. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,178
    Thanks
    5,082
    Thanked
    6,985
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    I hope Baby Cakes DOES stick! Obviously that would be fantastic.

    I had no idea people 'gifted' their embryos though. DH and I agreed long before we started our IVF journey that donor eggs, donor sperm - it didn't matter to us. Our priority is to have a baby and genetics doesn't factor into that for us. As far as we are concerned, to grow a baby in my belly would make it 'our baby.'

    Certainly I'd be able to borrow flight/solicitors fees if it meant a better chance at a successful pregnancy. I can't justify asking someone for $7000 for a full stim cycle with little chance of success though. But flight costs I could arrange.

    It sounds silly I know, especially in light of all the trouble you have had even with DE, but I truly think my body is crying out to get pregnant. Not just that I want it emotionally, but my body is ready for it. I just need a healthy emby.

    I wonder. I wonder if anyone would ever donate one to me?

    God @Tahli, I hope this works for the both of us, I really do. I spend all bl00dy day thinking about how to make this happen. I have never wanted anything so badly in my life. It is such.....pain. It hurts every day. I know I am not alone in that, but....ah. It's one of those days, ya know?
    @Tahli weren't that couple also asking for some of the initial IVF costs also ?

  20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-03-2016),Blossom74  (09-03-2016),Precious40  (09-03-2016),Summer  (09-03-2016),Tahli  (09-03-2016),winsor  (09-03-2016)


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Melbourne Natural Medicine ClinicLeading natural health practitioners in fertility, preconception, pregnancy, and children's health. We take an ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›