+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I always bring something even when told not to. I think it's rude to arrive somewhere empty handed. Once I brought a bottle of wine to my inlaws only to realise (after the bottle was in Nanas hands) that it was half empty. Apparently it's still rude to arrive half empty handed Woops!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

misho  (10-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    Poor form? But you told them to bring nothing! People aren't mind readers.
    It's like when you ask hubby if your **** looks fat in those pants. It's common knowledge that the answer will be skirting around the truth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    It's like when you ask hubby if your **** looks fat in those pants. It's common knowledge that the answer will be skirting around the truth.
    My hubby is the only person I take shopping. He is very honest. It's women I have been shopping with that do the whole "oh you look great on that" thing and that annoys me. Why even ask? If I ask if I look fat I expect the truth and if I ask if I need to bring anything and I am told no, I will bring nothing. The same as I will say if someone looks horrible in something and I will be offended if they bring something when I have specifically that they don't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you want flowers or cakes brought, why not say "sure bring flowers or a cake". Why all this dancing around and mind games? What is hard about asking for what you want instead of saying you don't want anything and getting cranky when they do exactly as you asked??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Don't take anything, you've been told not to take anything- the host may have something planned and if you bring stuff there will be too much food.
    Agreed. It's a play date after all, not a huge event and it sounds like the other parent has it sorted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Some sugar free muffins?