Closed Thread
Page 64 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    @MissSagi, were u on the neupogen for lining issues? I've seen some girls say it helps their lining. Is it very expensive & is it in a tablet form? I've got lining issues & im thinking I might ask Dr M whether he thinks I should consider it
    Neupogen is for nkc. I've never had lining issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MissSagi, were u on the neupogen for lining issues? I've seen some girls say it helps their lining. Is it very expensive & is it in a tablet form? I've got lining issues & im thinking I might ask Dr M whether he thinks I should consider it
    It cost around $1,000 for 10 vials. You inject it into your tummy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the price info!
    It's apparently also used for lining problems, Girls in a U.S. Forum I'm in have been given it for that purpose & I know a couple of girls in Aus have also said it may have increased their lining as a fortunate side effect whilst on it for NKC. I have both, so would consider it. Cheers for that!
    You can only ask 😊

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sagi View Post
    It cost around $1,000 for 10 vials. You inject it into your tummy.
    BTW....I had to shop around for that price. You need to look for who sells it in 10 vials, some sell it a different way.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey ladies I have a box and a half of clexane in my fridge that expires in Sep. I have had them for over a year lol and I don't need them. I am in Sydney if anyone wants them send me a PM. Probably easier to give them to someone than throw them out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastchance75 View Post
    Yeah just me. Think I'll skip the test and just do the ivig treatment anyway. I need the kitchen sink approach so might as well.
    Hi lastchance75 - I sympathise with you feeling confused over Dr M's recommendation re HLA test. Please note that IVIG will not fix an HLA match problem so if you do have it and don't test you could be wasting everything like I did (DR M never suggested I have the test for 2 years, another doc did which I will never understand). Anyway we had matches and I did 3 x LIT with Dr M plus 3 x IVIG, neupogen, steroids, etc etc and am now 28 weeks. Please do get the HLA test done but get to the bottom of why your quote is so much and maybe get a different referral from Dr M. Also you definitely both need testing if it's you and hubby, how can they know otherwise, that is weird! I know dealing with Dr M can be a hair pulling experience but test everything to save you money and pain in the long run. Our HLA test was similar to a ceoliac test through Dr Nick Lolatgis at Monash VIC and cost around $400 for both of us I think. I've heard that thru Red Cross in Sydney it is generally $700 for both of you. $1500 I've never heard of in 3 years on this board!!! Don't give up, just keep investigating and get the test for the right price. Good luck hun, it's such a PITA all this I know xxx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (14-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default LIT and LAD test

Hello girls. My name is Berglind and I'm from Iceland. I was very active on this page back in 2013 before I had my first immune treatment and got pregnant with my baby girl. Now I'm trying for baby nr2 and after having a failed treatment (same protocol as was on with my daughter) we did a DQ alpha test and found out we have 50% match. My LAD test was also very low... So now I'm going to have LIT in August before trying again.

I wonder if you lovely ladies that have DQ alpha match and are pregnant after LIT treatment if you can share with me your LAD test results please.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to B123 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PreciousHeart View Post
    Hi lastchance75 - I sympathise with you feeling confused over Dr M's recommendation re HLA test. Please note that IVIG will not fix an HLA match problem so if you do have it and don't test you could be wasting everything like I did (DR M never suggested I have the test for 2 years, another doc did which I will never understand). Anyway we had matches and I did 3 x LIT with Dr M plus 3 x IVIG, neupogen, steroids, etc etc and am now 28 weeks. Please do get the HLA test done but get to the bottom of why your quote is so much and maybe get a different referral from Dr M. Also you definitely both need testing if it's you and hubby, how can they know otherwise, that is weird! I know dealing with Dr M can be a hair pulling experience but test everything to save you money and pain in the long run. Our HLA test was similar to a ceoliac test through Dr Nick Lolatgis at Monash VIC and cost around $400 for both of us I think. I've heard that thru Red Cross in Sydney it is generally $700 for both of you. $1500 I've never heard of in 3 years on this board!!! Don't give up, just keep investigating and get the test for the right price. Good luck hun, it's such a PITA all this I know xxx
    Thanks @PreciousHeart I have another appointment with Dr M on Tuesday so maybe ill ask more questions now I know more about it. Frustrating that he didn't mention anything about hubby being tested too. My problem is I am running out of time as I am booked in for next transfer in Hawaii on the 16th August. So if we were a match I would also need LIT treatment wouldn't I?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lastchance75 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    When is your next transfer @ange1111? There is no spot for bulk bill on the form only the Medicare component and the pathology place is saying it's not covered by Medicare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone here read the book by Alan E Beer - is your body baby friendly. I nearly read the whole thing last night. So much of that I have been through and my 'unrelated to fertility' conditions like chronic fatigue all stack up clearly pointing to the direction that I have a severe immune response to pregnancy tissue.
    I am for the first time in about a year feeling hopefully that with treatment I might not miscarry this time.
    It just blows my mind that this kind of treatment has been in use for 15 years and nobody has done a large randomised trial to prove its validity and become more accessible for main****** (read: people who don't obsessively scour the Internet for a solution)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kiwikate For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (15-07-2016)