+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Babies' movement pregnancy to pregnancy

For those who have had more than one child, were your babies' movements quite different from each other (frequency of movements, strength, etc)? DS1 was like a ninja in the womb, he moved constantly and they were quite strong/forceful. It was annoying and very reassuring all at once. I am 28 weeks now and I feel like this baby barely moves and when he does they are pretty 'gentle' movements. My placenta is in the back so that's not an issue in regards to me feeling movement. I mentioned it to the midwife last week and she didn't seem worried as long as it's normal for him but it's honestly starting to freak me out a bit, I'm really worried about brushing it off as normal when his infrequent/gentle movements might mean something is wrong. I'm probably going to book in for a wellbeing scan this week but just wanted to hear experiences from others about how their pregnancies differed in regards to movements.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is number 3 for me (15+2) I have an anterior placenta this time so obviously getting almost nothing.

My first two boys were very different. DS1 was very active with a lot of visible movement towards the end (he pushed so hard with his foot once you could see the outline!). DS2 was not so vigorous in his movements and it definitely bothered me.

They were about 1kg different in birth weight and 5cm length difference also (DS1 being the much bigger baby) so I don't know if that was maybe why I felt DS1 more?

It is hard though I am struggling with anxiety in this pregnancy because I just expect to be feeling a lot more and I'm not - even though I know it's because of the anterior placenta it doesn't make me feel better!

Still trust yourself and get the well being scan. Maybe start a kick diary so you can get a better idea of belly babe's activity levels rather than relying on memory.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hehehehehe ninja moves lol.

My DS I had an anterior placenta and he kicked and punched through the placenta lol. I felt him move earlier than current baby (even though placenta is at the back for this one).

This bub has pregressively gotten stronger and now moves heaps (I am 34 weeks).

Its hard to tell you 'it's normal don't worry' so I think you getting a scan to ease your mind is a good idea.

But yes, it has been different. And I don't remember when this one moved more but I only started talking to bub telling bub to calm down the last month or so.

Also cannot believe you are 28 weeks! How is the MS? I still get freaking nausea in the morning after I eat breakfast (or if I am super tired) *sigh*.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both mine were crazy little dancers, I have some of the funniest videos of each of them partying away inside. Ds hurt though. He was footling breech from around 28wks (at least) and remained so. Every movement was a head crushing my ribs or foot feeling like it was going to burst out below. Ouchies

I think though if you are concerned enough to be raising the topic, you have very good reason to get a scan and check everything out for reassurance. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Hehehehehe ninja moves lol.

My DS I had an anterior placenta and he kicked and punched through the placenta lol. I felt him move earlier than current baby (even though placenta is at the back for this one).

This bub has pregressively gotten stronger and now moves heaps (I am 34 weeks).

Its hard to tell you 'it's normal don't worry' so I think you getting a scan to ease your mind is a good idea.

But yes, it has been different. And I don't remember when this one moved more but I only started talking to bub telling bub to calm down the last month or so.

Also cannot believe you are 28 weeks! How is the MS? I still get freaking nausea in the morning after I eat breakfast (or if I am super tired) *sigh*.
    Your first paragraph describes DS1 exactly! My placenta wasn't fully anterior, it was kinda everywhere, front/top/back/side, but he kicked through it. He used to make me feel so sick and uncomfortable with his movements. I also felt him often from very early on whereas this baby was slightly later and is just overall much quieter.

MS is ok, I've stopped taking the meds but still vomiting in the evenings--pretty over it!

He's moving much more this morning so I am feeling a bit less panicky. He was very quiet yesterday so that was compounding how I had been feeling for a couple weeks now. Since we'd had a loss before DS the type of care I chose was much more focused on monitoring him regularly whereas this time I'm doing private midwife led care and the more laid back approach is definitely causing me a bit of stress in terms of feeling like everything is always brushed of as 'sounds fine.'

I'll upload a kicks app today as I know I struggle by the end of the day to remember when I have felt him. Thanks ladies ☺️.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My two pregnancies were the same as what you describe. Dd was so active and there was so much force behind her kung fu even with an anterior placenta. This time around, at 28w with a posterior placenta, all I get is little taps and bubbles. I can feel squirming and tumbling but nothing like the punches Dd packed. Dd was breech (never turned from 20 weeks) and as far as I can tell this little one is still breech or tranverse if the location of movements is anything to go by. I'm sure a foot is going to go through my cervix (or pop out my backside lol).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Babies' movement pregnancy to pregnancy

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Your first paragraph describes DS1 exactly! My placenta wasn't fully anterior, it was kinda everywhere, front/top/back/side, but he kicked through it. He used to make me feel so sick and uncomfortable with his movements. I also felt him often from very early on whereas this baby was slightly later and is just overall much quieter.

MS is ok, I've stopped taking the meds but still vomiting in the evenings--pretty over it!

He's moving much more this morning so I am feeling a bit less panicky. He was very quiet yesterday so that was compounding how I had been feeling for a couple weeks now. Since we'd had a loss before DS the type of care I chose was much more focused on monitoring him regularly whereas this time I'm doing private midwife led care and the more laid back approach is definitely causing me a bit of stress in terms of feeling like everything is always brushed of as 'sounds fine.'

I'll upload a kicks app today as I know I struggle by the end of the day to remember when I have felt him. Thanks ladies ☺️.
    Hey hun,

Just a side note, i have noticed with our lil one (25w 6d) here, that last week she was pretty quiet with movements, compared to the week before where she was much more active. From my understanding, each week they can differ as they go through periods of rest. I normally notice when she has been quiet (resting) that she must be going through a growth spurt, because a few days later my belly gets achy and grows almost overnight! I get a bit worried when i haven't felt her much but the fact that you are still feeling bub here and there is still good. I also invested in a doppler (please don't anyone tell me off) just to help with any reassurance. Glad you are feeling better and we're getting closer to meeting our bubs!