ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Heyside dr didn't really class it as anything just said it was a bad embryo - said she was completely stumped as to why it didn't work.

Your cycle is coming along too. Is there anything new/different you're doing for this cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ELM13 View Post
    @Heyside dr didn't really class it as anything just said it was a bad embryo - said she was completely stumped as to why it didn't work.

Your cycle is coming along too. Is there anything new/different you're doing for this cycle?
    Thats upsetting hun so sorry to hear but hopefully this cycle with the right embryo will make the difference.
    I have never done an iui before hun we have now done 6 ivf cycles with no success and several FET's and only had time to fit in an iui before Christmas so we decided what the hell lets give it a go. We know our chances are probably not great but oh well why not, its definitely less stress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    Thats upsetting hun so sorry to hear but hopefully this cycle with the right embryo will make the difference.
    I have never done an iui before hun we have now done 6 ivf cycles with no success and several FET's and only had time to fit in an iui before Christmas so we decided what the hell lets give it a go. We know our chances are probably not great but oh well why not, its definitely less stress.
    Hope it's the one xxx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ELM13 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (13-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Wanted to re-join this thread as we will hopefully TTC#2 in March. My son is almost 18 months old time just seems to have disappeared but I would not change it for the world.

I recognise some names here @Heyside how are you going hun ? Good luck with the IUI you did just before Christmas I hope it works.
    @ELM13 i think i remember seeing you on here sorry to hear it was a bad embryo. Hopefully the Pregnyl will help that was what i needed to help plus pessaries. Also if you haven't already get your thyroid checked this can mean the difference between the embryo sticking or not. My son was one of two embryo's transferred both on day 2.

Hoping to do a FET using our last frozen embryo in March if all goes to plan. Anyone done a FET? Whats involved? I have only ever done fresh cycles.

I'll have to go back and read all on here sorry i just did a quick scan over all of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @Twinkley
    I had another transfer before Christmas and the pregnyl and pessaries combination worked! I'm 7 wks now and we saw our little peanut's hb yesterday
    We are waiting until I'm 12 weeks to tell our son who is 2 because he comes to daycare with me two days a week and I'm not ready to tell my boss yet haha

There is a few different ways they can start the FET cycle- it can be natural, medicated with HRT (progynova), medicated with Gonal or Puregon, etc. Do you know what you'll be doing yet?
    Blood tests and scans are done in the lead up to transfer, normally from day 9 of your cycle. If you ovulate by yourself, you won't need a trigger. Transfer will be day 19 (for 5day embryo) if Dr is happy with how you're progressing.

Hope that helps!!
    Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey @Twinkley welcome back hun fabulous news you are TTC no.2, hoping all goes well March os not too far away at all, hopefully its quick for you. An FET is so much easier on your body hun. Do you know if it will be a hrt cycle?
    Yes I am still going hun, the iui didn't work before Christmas but we knew it was a long shot. I am now booked in for a laparoscopy and ovarian drilling in 2 weeks. I am hoping that improves the outcome of my embryos and we get some better quality ones in a Feb/March cycle. Of not we will probably only give it one more cycle and then I think we have to give up we have been at this game for too long.

@ELM13 - Fabulous news hun so happy for you, amazing to see the heartbeat too. Hope all goes well from here x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (18-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Twinkley! I'm coming back for baby #2 as well. We're starting with a FET too. DD is 19 months and we thought it was about time we go again.
    @ELM13 congratulations! Hopefully you can keep it secret from your son until 12 weeks.
    @Heyside so sorry you're still going. Hopefully the drilling and lap do the trick.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KarmaJane For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (18-01-2017),Heyside  (19-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations @ELM13 great news woo hoo. Thats a hard secret to keep πŸ˜‰

@Heyside praying the drilling etc... works and it all falls into place for you. You have been here far too long. Anymore ideas on why its all not working? Have you thought about doing a detox from all the ivf drugs then try one last time?

@KarmaJane yep #2 for us too maybe I have a death wish πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ only one frostie left we currently have a 17 month old who still won't walk stubborn and determined but wouldn't change it for anything.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Twinkley For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (18-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Twinkley sometimes I think the same! πŸ˜‚ DD is a firecracker but I think another one will work out fine if I get into more of a routine with her. She's been walking since 9 months but I think its fairly normal for boys to take a bit longer. We have 5 frosties left to work with and, as I said to DH, the pressure is off this time; while I'd love another bub it's just not as big a deal this time if it doesn't happen right away because we have her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KarmaJane it didn't happen straightaway for us! First transfer was April last year, then we had a cancelled cycle, then another failed cycle and a chemical preg before this one worked in December. It's still a rollercoaster for sure! I hope it doesn't take too long xxxx