+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 74 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Annerley I have never been offered any counselling but I did through HR yesterday at work! I think if I ever did counselling I would be locked up in a straight jacket. So much stuff would surface from my life and all the death and tragedy I dealt with in the cops. It would not end up relating to IVF at all! I know In Vic they have to do counselling before IVF.

This is my 3rd mc and all were natural and Ive never been advised to have a d&c as my bleeding kicks iff itself. By the time my mc started I was out of tears. We have 2 frosties left and that is it for us. I am now questioning whether I made a mistake with IVF as its caused so much more pain and health issues for me. We have our DS9, so do I want to keep hurting our family? I cant leave 2 frosties but I have no expectations they will stick. But I am very nervous that once it ends I may have a meltdown. So I understand your fears.. Be that SAHM, you don't need to have a baby to do that. There are no rules in society. You make your rules and you own it.. I love to work, and its what I decide to do baby or not. Im sick if living with 'what if' in the back if my mind.

I hope you find peace. Thats what we need, no matter the outcome x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (24-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Billie2 View Post
    @Annerley I have never been offered any counselling but I did through HR yesterday at work! I think if I ever did counselling I would be locked up in a straight jacket. So much stuff would surface from my life and all the death and tragedy I dealt with in the cops. It would not end up relating to IVF at all! I know In Vic they have to do counselling before IVF.

This is my 3rd mc and all were natural and Ive never been advised to have a d&c as my bleeding kicks iff itself. By the time my mc started I was out of tears. We have 2 frosties left and that is it for us. I am now questioning whether I made a mistake with IVF as its caused so much more pain and health issues for me. We have our DS9, so do I want to keep hurting our family? I cant leave 2 frosties but I have no expectations they will stick. But I am very nervous that once it ends I may have a meltdown. So I understand your fears.. Be that SAHM, you don't need to have a baby to do that. There are no rules in society. You make your rules and you own it.. I love to work, and its what I decide to do baby or not. Im sick if living with 'what if' in the back if my mind.

I hope you find peace. Thats what we need, no matter the outcome x
    I totally agree with making your own rules. I totally have and i have always stuck by them even if people dont understand why i have such a need and want for a baby and family of my own. Ive kept my infertility struggle mostly private as well because thats my choice but my husband struggles with that as he wants to tell his dad for some reason why Im failing to give him a grandchild.
    @Annerely I hope you are well and everything went well. Hope to hear from you soon.

AFM I am very confused. So as I said Ive been doing POAS last 5 days and its all over the place, lines getting darker then lighter then darker again. Yesterday's line was barely there, today its darker. I have no symptoms at all. I feel like if it does mean anything, its only a chemical pregnancy.

Can't wait for Friday so I can get a proper answer!!!
    Attached Images

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Evelynmoo For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (24-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Evelynmoo I found even an hour difference in poas was a different result. Its all about your wee so its not going to be consistent. Your most recent one is very strong. I hope your BT shows a beautiful result. I stopped poas by 7dp5dt as my line was strong and any further testing would cause stress & confusion. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Billie2 i think im just confused coz i was expecting the lines to get lighter as the ovidrel leaves.
    I guess i havent been consistent with peeing times either.
    Arghhh Friday!!! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Evelynmoo yes I would be too! So hard when you have the shots. Ive never experienced it. Only ever had the trigger & sent on my way. It is confusing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Its all done now and I've been at home resting for a couple of hrs. I even endulged and DD and I shared a packet of grain waves and half a block of chocolate while watching the wiggles. She would have thought it was Christmas since she only has occasional treats but it felt good. Thank goodness, I'm feeling much better today as I've had a tummy bug since Friday and as you can read, I'm now able to more than easily keep some nice food down. I've been literally living on bread and water since Friday afternoon.
    Anyway the process was quite straight forward and I'm glad it's done now. I've had some teary moments and I'm sure I've got more emotion to come. The counsellor is going to call at some point so I think I'll go to an appointment and see how I go. @Billie2, we also did a pre ivf cousellling appointment as a couple but it seemed more like a discussion, question and answers, info session than counselling.
    Ive also found out that most blighted ovums are like early MMC. So there is a baby but there's usually something so severely wrong that it doesn't develop, only maybe for a couple of days. A lot of miscarriages occur this way but if your body doesn't at first realise there's no baby and the sac continues to grow, then it's a blighted ovum as any baby is reabsorbed. I do wonder if the pessaries kept the sac growing and stopped a miscarriage.
    @Evelynmoo any line is wonderful! I do understand how stressful lines can be. I will tell you that my last bfp, I was so sure it was too light as it would be a chemical. I only did the one test but the levels were fine then. I can see why those lines would be confusing but as billie said, it's so hard to analyse them.
    I don't know if this helps you but here goes:
    bfp1 for me (DD) I tested at 8dp5dt and got an obvious but not extremely dark line. My hcg was 160 the following day and my doubling rate was really quick so that not so dark line was possibly hcg of 90 with FMU.
    bfp2 (ectopic) I tested at 7dp5dt and the line was identical to that of dd's test. I was impressed since it was a day earlier and second morning urine after only holding a couple of hrs. Hcg the following day was 51. That was my first worry that something was wrong as how could a decent line one day= 51 the next. It made me sure that the numbers weren't growing quickly. Let's assume that the level was 35ish when I did that test.
    bfp3 (this one) I tested about 10hrs before being 7dp5dt and got a really light line. I actually thought it was a bfn until I checked again and it darkened the slightest bit. That's why I thought it was a chem as I was used to darker lines. The following day my hcg was 57, which made me think the levels had jumped. My doubling time was quick this time too so that line may have been with a level of 25.

What I'm trying to say is, based on my experience, I got exactly the same line with a level of 90 with FMU as I did with a level that would have been 35 with it not being FMU and a barely visible line with a level of 25ish. Sometimes those lines just do not make sense!!
    Last edited by Annerley; 24-08-2016 at 16:12.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (24-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annerley View Post
    Hi ladies,

Its all done now and I've been at home resting for a couple of hrs. I even endulged and DD and I shared a packet of grain waves and half a block of chocolate while watching the wiggles. She would have thought it was Christmas since she only has occasional treats but it felt good. Thank goodness, I'm feeling much better today as I've had a tummy bug since Friday and as you can read, I'm now able to more than easily keep some nice food down. I've been literally living on bread and water since Friday afternoon.
    Anyway the process was quite straight forward and I'm glad it's done now. I've had some teary moments and I'm sure I've got more emotion to come. The counsellor is going to call at some point so I think I'll go to an appointment and see how I go. @Billie2, we also did a pre ivf cousellling appointment as a couple but it seemed more like a discussion, question and answers, info session than counselling.
    Ive also found out that most blighted ovums are like early MMC. So there is a baby but there's usually something so severely wrong that it doesn't develop, only maybe for a couple of days. A lot of miscarriages occur this way but if your body doesn't at first realise there's no baby and the sac continues to grow, then it's a blighted ovum as any baby is reabsorbed. I do wonder if the pessaries kept the sac growing and stopped a miscarriage.
    @Evelynmoo any line is wonderful! I do understand how stressful lines can be. I will tell you that my last bfp, I was so sure it was too light as it would be a chemical. I only did the one test but the levels were fine then. I can see why those lines would be confusing but as billie said, it's so hard to analyse them.
    I don't know if this helps you but here goes:
    bfp1 for me (DD) I tested at 8dp5dt and got an obvious but not extremely dark line. My hcg was 160 the following day and my doubling rate was really quick so that not so dark line was possibly hcg of 90 with FMU.
    bfp2 (ectopic) I tested at 7dp5dt and the line was identical to that of dd's test. I was impressed since it was a day earlier and second morning urine after only holding a couple of hrs. Hcg the following day was 51. That was my first worry that something was wrong as how could a decent line one day= 51 the next. It made me sure that the numbers weren't growing quickly. Let's assume that the level was 35ish when I did that test.
    bfp3 (this one) I tested about 10hrs before being 7dp5dt and got a really light line. I actually thought it was a bfn until I checked again and it darkened the slightest bit. That's why I thought it was a chem as I was used to darker lines. The following day my hcg was 57, which made me think the levels had jumped. My doubling time was quick this time too so that line may have been with a level of 25.

What I'm trying to say is, based on my experience, I got exactly the same line with a level of 90 with FMU as I did with a level that would have been 35 with it not being FMU and a barely visible line with a level of 25ish. Sometimes those lines just do not make sense!!
    So glad it went well and kudos to you for resting with your daughter. Its Bachie night tonight so were getting treats as well lol
    Yeh im so confused and trying not to get my hopes up and then also trying to stay positive too. I feel like getting my bloods done tomorrow saying to the clinic oops, i got the days mixed up but I know I wont have time to drive an hour to the same day service pathology place.
    Plus if it is good news it will be a Friday and I have it all planned out how I will tell DH and we can go out and celebrate.
    I am a bit worried that if it is good news that when I tell DH he won't be that happy because he did warn me a few months ago that next time he wouldnt show as much emotion because he didnt want to get his hopes up again. But i feel that if this one is successful, its the one, its meant to be. Urgh I sound like im getting my hopes up already lol
    Rest up Annerley, hope you heal well emotionally and physically. All my love xoxo

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Evelynmoo For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (24-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Evelynmoo enjoy your night in!
    i hope it all goes to plan on Friday and it is a celebration! I know your dh is saying that but maybe when it actually happens, he will be able to be excited. In saying that, I do understand as unfortunately when it comes to these things, the past can really haunt our thoughts, even though we try not to let it!
    As ive said, ive always had an accurate feeling about how each fet is going to go so I hope it's the same for you and this is it. I actually did an online lucky 8 ball the day before testing and it said outlook not good. When I got my bfp, I thought, take that lucky 8 ball, hmmm...
    Last edited by Annerley; 24-08-2016 at 18:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annerley View Post
    @Evelynmoo enjoy your night in!
    i hope it all goes to plan on Friday and it is a celebration! I know your dh is saying that but maybe when it actually happens, he will be able to be excited. In saying that, I do understand as unfortunately when it comes to these things, the past can really haunt our thoughts, even though we try not to let it!
    As ive said, ive always had an accurate feeling about how each fet is going to go so I hope it's the same for you and this is it. I actually did an online lucky 8 ball the day before testing and it said outlook not good. When I got my bfp, I thought, take that lucky 8 ball, hmmm...
    I saw a psychic in July and she said she saw important progress in August and children right around the corner. Soooooo heres to hope and progress lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Evelynmoo oooh that's exciting!I saw a psychic in May 2013 and she said she saw us having a son who would be conceived or born in Gemini of the year I turned 30 and a little girl about 3 years later who would be born or conceived in Aries. DD is a Gemini and born just before I turned 30 so she just got the gender wrong and had this one worked, it would have been an Aries and born just under 3 years after DD. I'll have to re-read the notes, maybe it could be interpreted as the following year when DD would be already 3.She also said our first would be harder to get than our second but clearly she mixed those two around too.
    Last edited by Annerley; 24-08-2016 at 20:26.