+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,402
    Thanks
    2,836
    Thanked
    3,104
    Reviews
    14
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I like Witchery, Seed and Country Road for basic tees/singlets.

    (Country Road) I only buy the tees on sale, as they're a mass rip off if not.

  2. #12
    FearlessLeader's Avatar
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,726
    Thanks
    2,499
    Thanked
    9,122
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    This goes against my general ethics around buying stuff, but I honestly just buy cheap tshirts from target and Kmart and wear them until they die. They generally last me 6-12 months. I've never found 'good quality' tshirts that last significantly longer than that anyway so I've given up. I'm not paying 500% more for a tshirt that will last maybe 50% longer.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

    SSecret Squirrel  (24-02-2016)

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,260
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked
    368
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    This goes against my general ethics around buying stuff, but I honestly just buy cheap tshirts from target and Kmart and wear them until they die. They generally last me 6-12 months. I've never found 'good quality' tshirts that last significantly longer than that anyway so I've given up. I'm not paying 500% more for a tshirt that will last maybe 50% longer.
    I agree with what you are saying. My issue is that some of the cheaper ones are made of very thin material that can be see through. I was hoping to find reasonably priced ones that are made of thicker or stronger cotton that aren't see through.

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    10,495
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked
    9,005
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    This goes against my general ethics around buying stuff, but I honestly just buy cheap tshirts from target and Kmart and wear them until they die. They generally last me 6-12 months. I've never found 'good quality' tshirts that last significantly longer than that anyway so I've given up. I'm not paying 500% more for a tshirt that will last maybe 50% longer.
    Have you tried Bassike? I swear by their tshirts. They're the best $90 I've ever spent.

    I just can't with target or Kmart.

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    10,495
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked
    9,005
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    I agree with what you are saying. My issue is that some of the cheaper ones are made of very thin material that can be see through. I was hoping to find reasonably priced ones that are made of thicker or stronger cotton that aren't see through.
    Try Bassike. Australian and last forever.

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,445
    Thanks
    3,271
    Thanked
    1,323
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've bought several tshirts from Everlane. It's an American brand but they ship here directly. They have what they call radical transparency with respect to their pricing (so they show what it has cost to make at each level and what their mark up is). They also work closely with the factories that produce price the material and clothes in order to sure they are ethical and sustainable.

    All the tshirts are over a year old and lasted well. The only one that didn't was a heather grey in colour and it only lasted 2-3 months (better than many others I have bought!).

    Price wise even with the exchange rate, postage etc they are still quite reasonable as most of their tshirts are $15-18 US.

    All of their clothing is very basic and simple.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    10,495
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked
    9,005
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    I've bought several tshirts from Everlane. It's an American brand but they ship here directly. They have what they call radical transparency with respect to their pricing (so they show what it has cost to make at each level and what their mark up is). They also work closely with the factories that produce price the material and clothes in order to sure they are ethical and sustainable.

    All the tshirts are over a year old and lasted well. The only one that didn't was a heather grey in colour and it only lasted 2-3 months (better than many others I have bought!).

    Price wise even with the exchange rate, postage etc they are still quite reasonable as most of their tshirts are $15-18 US.

    All of their clothing is very basic and simple.
    Sometimes I feel you are the other me. I've been eyeing off everlane pants for years. I might take the plunge. They're supposed to be great and so are their silk shirts.
    @binnielici I just checked out their site and it says they don't ship internationally? did you buy through a mail forwarder?
    Last edited by Sonja; 24-02-2016 at 14:45.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

    binnielici  (24-02-2016)

  10. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    573
    Thanks
    164
    Thanked
    582
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've found the Supre singlets with the thick straps great quality. Mine have lasted a few years and are still going strong (they are faded a little, though). The white ones are see through, but the dark ones are great. Only thing is I'm not even sure if they sell them anymore. Well, the exact same ones anyway.

  11. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,427
    Thanks
    2,976
    Thanked
    1,704
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful1986 View Post
    I've found the Supre singlets with the thick straps great quality. Mine have lasted a few years and are still going strong (they are faded a little, though). The white ones are see through, but the dark ones are great. Only thing is I'm not even sure if they sell them anymore. Well, the exact same ones anyway.
    They don't.... I keep looking every time I see a supree. They were the best singlets ever. Worth so much more than the $12 or whatever they cost. I'd pay $50 for one, if only they still had them

  12. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    573
    Thanks
    164
    Thanked
    582
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    They don't.... I keep looking every time I see a supree. They were the best singlets ever. Worth so much more than the $12 or whatever they cost. I'd pay $50 for one, if only they still had them
    Damn it Now I wish I stocked up like crazy.


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Cots on BubhubLooking to buy a cot or bassinet? :: Cot safety checklist :: Local or online nursery ...
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›