+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Etalanta would you mind sending me your drs details too? Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also how long did everyone have to wait for the physiatrist appointment. I just called one and he doesn't have any appointments until end of June

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Missclyde View Post
    @Etalanta would you mind sending me your drs details too? Thank you
    No problems. Have sent you a PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Etalanta For This Useful Post:

Missclyde  (27-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default @ Elantra

Hey there,
    Could someone please give me a name of a psychariast in Brisbane. I would like to try and obtain my super myself as we have already been through several cycles no luck and have used all our savings!! Thank you loads for your help!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have made an appointment with a psychiatrist that works with supercare but will see me as a private patient (I am not using Supercare). I went to get the referral from my doctor yesterday and she had no issues with providing me with this and will also complete the form I need to provide to DHS. She told me that she was going to write that I wasn't suffering any signs of depression as DHS won't approve it if you've been diagnosed with actual depression. When I contacted the psychiatrists office, I was told that the doctor didn't do me any favours writing no signs of depression of the form. Does anyone know if this is correct or not? From what I understood they needed to say you were suffering from anxiety due to not being able to get pregnant. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarsh curtis View Post
    Hey there,
    Could someone please give me a name of a psychariast in Brisbane. I would like to try and obtain my super myself as we have already been through several cycles no luck and have used all our savings!! Thank you loads for your help!!
    Hi @Tarsh curtis.....sorry l am from Melbourne so l didn't see someone from Brisbane otherwise l would send you the details. I found my psychiatrist by asking my ivf clinic for a list of recommended psychiatrists then calling each one to see who did super release forms for ivf. Hope that helps. Best wishes xo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Etalanta For This Useful Post:

Tarsh curtis  (11-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by georgieh View Post
    I have made an appointment with a psychiatrist that works with supercare but will see me as a private patient (I am not using Supercare). I went to get the referral from my doctor yesterday and she had no issues with providing me with this and will also complete the form I need to provide to DHS. She told me that she was going to write that I wasn't suffering any signs of depression as DHS won't approve it if you've been diagnosed with actual depression. When I contacted the psychiatrists office, I was told that the doctor didn't do me any favours writing no signs of depression of the form. Does anyone know if this is correct or not? From what I understood they needed to say you were suffering from anxiety due to not being able to get pregnant. Thanks
    Hi @georgieh....That is correct. There's an issue if your gp form says you are fine. Both the psychiatrist and gp forms must say you suffer a mental illness (e.g. depression and anxiety) to qualify for a release of super for ivf. I would suggest once you have your psychiatrist form which confirms a mental illness show that to your gp ask them to complete their form again or see another gp so both forms match. Hope that helps xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Etalanta View Post
    Hi @georgieh....That is correct. There's an issue if your gp form says you are fine. Both the psychiatrist and gp forms must say you suffer a mental illness (e.g. depression and anxiety) to qualify for a release of super for ivf. I would suggest once you have your psychiatrist form which confirms a mental illness show that to your gp ask them to complete their form again or see another gp so both forms match. Hope that helps xo
    Hi Etalanta, I told her I would bring back the forms that I get from the psychiatrist and she said she would say the same thing as they did. I'm hoping that the psych will say anxiety on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by georgieh View Post
    Hi Etalanta, I told her I would bring back the forms that I get from the psychiatrist and she said she would say the same thing as they did. I'm hoping that the psych will say anxiety on it.
    Good luck @georgieh. I hope everything goes well for you and the process is relatively a smooth one from here on. Xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Etalanta - I wish I had read your advice earlier!
    I've gone via SuperCare for the second time and I swore after the first time I wouldn't bother again. I just cannot see what value they add for the cost. I do all the running around , make the appts. email, scan, sign... They seem to simply collate the paperwork and submit. They've even increased the subsequent application fee from the last time I went.
    And now they are driving me nuts with their constant follow up like I have nothing else to do with my day like a busy full time job...

I will definitely be doing this myself from now on and at my own pace. Really helpful thread. Thank you so much!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CanberraHopeful For This Useful Post:

Etalanta  (14-05-2017)