+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 95 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Njay,
    Congratulations on you getting your super.
    Can you tell me how you did it please?
    Are you using your own eggs or donor eggs?
    I am finding it a bit difficult in wondering how to get around the quote that the ATO are asking for and the quote that the overseas clinic is giving me.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Getting frustrated

Well ladies, here i am still trying to get hold of my super for my overseas treatment.
    Is there a way that you can still use donor eggs but not have it appear on the quote that the ATO is asking for?
    I am also finding it quite difficult trying to fill out my own application for super, so we have decided to use a firm that will do all the hard work for us.
    But which is the better company? Access My Super or SuperCare?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used supercare and they were fantastic, so i can recommend them. The lady who was my consultant was so nice and friendly, i emailed her when i got my bfp and when dd was born. I was so grateful to her for her part in the process, it was like we became friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Njay,
    Congratulations on successfully accessing your super.
    Are you using donor eggs?
    Can you tell me how you managed it if you did please?
    I’m having trouble trying to find a loophole so that I can use my super for donor eggs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gorgeousgeorge...LOL not trying again are you...??? If you have any info for Jules45 that'd be great...otherwise I'll ask MamaKes what she did to get her Super accessed for Donor Egg process.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (27-01-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I see that the paragraph they are referring to is...
    If you are applying for IVF-related treatment, we will only approve expenses that can legally be paid for within Australia. Expenses relating to commercial surrogacy, procurement of human gametes or human embryos cannot be funded via this program.
    ...I can see where this is an issue. I know for our Donor Egg treatment in Australia the program at the time had OS Donors coming to Australia and I think the hardest part for my friend was the expense that was listed as 'reimbursement for Loss of Income'.

It has been a couple of years (2016) since we did our Donor Egg cycle and they are no longer running it as the Government started to refuse the donors visas....pretty ****ty really.

Fingers crossed for you all.. @Jules45 let me know if you need some more advice.
    @gorgeousgeorge let me know if there are more babies on the way LOL!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (27-01-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen72 View Post
    I see that the paragraph they are referring to is...
    If you are applying for IVF-related treatment, we will only approve expenses that can legally be paid for within Australia. Expenses relating to commercial surrogacy, procurement of human gametes or human embryos cannot be funded via this program.
    ...I can see where this is an issue. I know for our Donor Egg treatment in Australia the program at the time had OS Donors coming to Australia and I think the hardest part for my friend was the expense that was listed as 'reimbursement for Loss of Income'.

It has been a couple of years (2016) since we did our Donor Egg cycle and they are no longer running it as the Government started to refuse the donors visas....pretty ****ty really.

Fingers crossed for you all.. @Jules45 let me know if you need some more advice.
    @gorgeousgeorge let me know if there are more babies on the way LOL!!

Lol hubby got the snip the other day but i didnt care coz if i change my mind, don't really need him anyway
    Im not sure about how to do the super thing on your own im sorry. I only did it through supercare and they contacted my fs here and os directly and told them what to write.
    I know ladies on the greece thread have done it recently. Will tag @Monty73 hopefully she will have some info.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Monty73 (27-01-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules45 View Post
    Hi Njay,
    Congratulations on successfully accessing your super.
    Are you using donor eggs?
    Can you tell me how you managed it if you did please?
    I’m having trouble trying to find a loophole so that I can use my super for donor eggs.
    @Jules45 can you just request to the clinic that on the quote they do not make any reference to donor eggs, just ivf treatment, icsi, freezing etc. The whole issue is around the donor being paid but that doesn’t necessarily need to get added to the quote. You could always pay that charge separately. That’s what my clinic does, they knew the rules probably from dealing with Supercare.

Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Gen72,
    It’s all been a bit of a nightmare trying to get through all of this.
    The ATO are saying they won’t pay for donor eggs and the clinic we want to use are saying they can’t disguise the donor fee as anything else detailed in the quote.
    This is my dilemma. We can’t afford to pay for the eggs ourselves which is why we needed to use my super, but the ATO won’t budge.
    I feel like giving up some days, but the urge to have a baby is what’s keeping me going.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Gorgeousgeorge. 🤗

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jules45 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (28-01-2020)