+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 771
  1. #711
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    202
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked
    83
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyT78 View Post
    Hi Ladies,

    We have our follow up appointment with our specialist this Thursday so going to print off the forms from the ATO site tonight in preparation for Thursday.
    To clarify for those who have recently submitted the application -
    So is there a section where your FS fills out?
    Is there exact words one should use for this type of application?
    Same for GP?
    Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated!

    Many advanced thanks.
    Hi. I rang the ATO a few weeks ago and spoke to them about what the FS is suppose to fill out. Your FS and GP need to fill out the last page with their details and sign and tick wether they’re a medical practitioner or specialist. Section c needs to be ticked for acute and mental illness. The question where it says what is the medical condition, the ATO said I could write for IVF treatment and for the question what is the medical treatment required. Also write for IVF treatment. Your FS and GP don’t need to write out a report, both forms need to be filled out the same wording. I’d suggest maybe not getting your FS to tick the acute and mental illness and you ticking that later. I have a feeling my FS wasn’t comfortable with that and that’s why she wouldn’t fill it out. But it has to be ticked before you upload it online. Hopefully this helps and I hope you have better luck with your FS

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buffy0 For This Useful Post:

    BBBB (10-05-2019),RubyT78 (09-05-2019)

  3. #712
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    202
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked
    83
    Reviews
    0
    Hey ladies if you do get stuck with how to fill out the forms and need answers the ATO phone number is 131020. Select 1 and follow the prompts. They are always very helpful

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buffy0 For This Useful Post:

    BBBB (10-05-2019),RubyT78 (10-05-2019),Vicky74 (10-05-2019)

  5. #713
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked
    45
    Reviews
    0
    Hi all, when I called the ATO a few weeks ago I specifically asked if a FS can fill out the forms instead of a psychiatrist.

    Whoever I spoke to was very broad with his advice and just kept saying it had to be a specialist in the field of treatment.. So when I looked at the boxes on the form I couldn’t see any option for infertility, just the ‘acute chronic mental illness one’. I still called my FS rooms and I was told FS use to fill them out, but not anymore as it’s needs to be a psychiatrist.. I didn’t bother probing further, just booked straight in with a psychiatrist (who’s name I came across on here actually and had experience filling in the forms). Out of pocket expense for this appointment was around $200. I submitted my application yesterday and if it gets approved, I’d be happy to share specific wording with anyone who is interested via DM. I had a terrible experience with Supercare and really think they prey on vulnerable people going through IVF!!!

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kuwtk For This Useful Post:

    BBBB (13-05-2019),RubyT78 (11-05-2019),Vicky74 (16-05-2019)

  7. #714
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Just wanted to find out if anyone has tried to get access to their super for IUI?

    I cant find anywhere in the published information online that it's excluded. Only mention of fertility treatment is IVF, and that was as simple as "If applying for IVF, we will only consider one IVF treatment per application"

    i want to start with 2 rounds of IUI to then be eligible for the medicare rebate before proceeding to IVF.

    Also would they allow the costs associated with purchasing donor sperm? i would like to use international sperm, which has been roughly quoted between $10-$12k including transport.

    Hope someone might know the answer, wait times on the phone haven't been great when I've been able to call
    through

  8. #715
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    885
    Thanks
    467
    Thanked
    868
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babby View Post
    Just wanted to find out if anyone has tried to get access to their super for IUI?

    I cant find anywhere in the published information online that it's excluded. Only mention of fertility treatment is IVF, and that was as simple as "If applying for IVF, we will only consider one IVF treatment per application"

    i want to start with 2 rounds of IUI to then be eligible for the medicare rebate before proceeding to IVF.

    Also would they allow the costs associated with purchasing donor sperm? i would like to use international sperm, which has been roughly quoted between $10-$12k including transport.

    Hope someone might know the answer, wait times on the phone haven't been great when I've been able to call
    through
    Hey, can’t answer the IUI and super question. But given you are looking to use super I am guessing you are trying to keep costs down. So just to flag that it’s only a couple of clinics that make you buy 10 vials of sperm upfront. Many others let you buy a vial per cycle and that normally costs $1200. Can be a significant cost saving. Just some food for thought.

    R

  9. #716
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    426
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked
    165
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kuwtk View Post
    Hi all, when I called the ATO a few weeks ago I specifically asked if a FS can fill out the forms instead of a psychiatrist.

    Whoever I spoke to was very broad with his advice and just kept saying it had to be a specialist in the field of treatment.. So when I looked at the boxes on the form I couldn’t see any option for infertility, just the ‘acute chronic mental illness one’. I still called my FS rooms and I was told FS use to fill them out, but not anymore as it’s needs to be a psychiatrist.. I didn’t bother probing further, just booked straight in with a psychiatrist (who’s name I came across on here actually and had experience filling in the forms). Out of pocket expense for this appointment was around $200. I submitted my application yesterday and if it gets approved, I’d be happy to share specific wording with anyone who is interested via DM. I had a terrible experience with Supercare and really think they prey on vulnerable people going through IVF!!!
    Hi hun can u help me with super release .. my best friend is trying to have her super released but as per ur case fertility specialist won’t sigh .. any assistance would be greatly appreciated

  10. #717
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    202
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked
    83
    Reviews
    0
    Hi @shellzand I was the same. My fertility specialist wouldn’t sign mine. What you can do IS look up GP2U and make a appointment for a psychiatrist through them. Though you will need a referral from your doctor if you’ve never used them before. You should be able to claim some or all of the cost back through Medicare. I used Dr Vincent Leow. He’s very easy to talk to. There were some concerns about if you use a psych it can effect your life insurance if you have it. But he told me it all depends on how it’s worded. So for instance he said that’s why he uses adjustment disorder which won’t effect life insurance. Hope this helps

  11. #718
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    426
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked
    165
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy0 View Post
    Hi @shellzand I was the same. My fertility specialist wouldn’t sign mine. What you can do IS look up GP2U and make a appointment for a psychiatrist through them. Though you will need a referral from your doctor if you’ve never used them before. You should be able to claim some or all of the cost back through Medicare. I used Dr Vincent Leow. He’s very easy to talk to. There were some concerns about if you use a psych it can effect your life insurance if you have it. But he told me it all depends on how it’s worded. So for instance he said that’s why he uses adjustment disorder which won’t effect life insurance. Hope this helps
    Hey hun thank you soo much! Upon checking the super care website out of curiosity I found that her clinic is a “proud affiliate” haha so that explains why they aren’t willing to assist . Wouldn’t be surprised if they are getting referral fees or whatever .. ANYWAY we have found a physiatrist that does the forms so thank you soooo much for your help! As if IVF isn’t stressful enough but for some it is an easy money making machine. Good luck! XX

  12. #719
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked
    45
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shellzand View Post
    Hi hun can u help me with super release .. my best friend is trying to have her super released but as per ur case fertility specialist won’t sigh .. any assistance would be greatly appreciated
    Hi, I’ve sent you a private message. I am actually going overseas for egg donor treatment so my forms will be worded slightly differently to someone who is staying in Australia for the usual ivf process.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to kuwtk For This Useful Post:

    RubyT78 (24-05-2019)

  14. #720
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    458
    Thanks
    231
    Thanked
    167
    Reviews
    0
    Has anybody ever claimed any/full cost for PGD/PGS testing? My last collection I used my super but was then out of pocket 5k for testing

    Ps: my FS won’t do my paperwork either. Surprise, surprise is in cahoots with supercare.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Using superannuation to pay for weight loss surgery
    By foggy in forum General Health
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 30-06-2017, 09:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
Impressionable KidsImpressionable Kids are Australia's leader in framed children's memorabilia and specialise in framed baby hand and feet ...