+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Breastfeeding covers?

Can anyone recommend a good style of breastfeeding cover? I've googled and found something called an infinity wrap which you wear as a scarf and it turns into a cover. There's also waterfall cardigans. Has anyone used these?

I know many women feed without a cover and that's totally fine for them, however I don't think I'd feel comfortable in public without a cover so just looking for suggestions for something practical and comfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just kept a Muslin wrap in my nappy bag. They are light, cover a large area and you can wipe up spills with them. I would have one close at hand just to cover up any flashes of flabby belly or b00b.
    I have friends with the clip on nursing covers and honestly they look so awkward!
    I can totally understand wanting to cover up a bit I was very nervous when DD was small if she mucked around latching on etc. It does get easier, you also get better/quicker at latching them on so its not such a drama. I had it down pat by about 4 months but I still liked the wrap on hand to quickly cover if she decided she wanted a sticky beak around.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (20-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My sister in law has a 8 week old and she uses a Muslin wrap. She tucks one bit into her bra strap and covers up that way .. Just a suggestion

5. The Following User Says Thank You to granny1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    serious question: do you have to BF in public? I don't think I'll be comfortable doing so (not right away anyway) and am freaking out slightly.

you can just go to the parents room instead right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I think with your first you should be ok if you're not planning to venture out too much right at the beginning while you're getting the hang of it. If you're going to places like shopping centres you should have no trouble finding a parents room.

I have DD 3yo who wasn't breastfed and I take her to the park and library etc so if we can manage to establish breastfeeding this time (fingers crossed) I'm assuming I'll have to do it in public sometimes.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (20-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used a big muslin wrap and tied 2 corners together to throw around my neck. They feed so often early on that there was no way I could avoid feeding in public

10. The Following User Says Thank You to michellek For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thanks for the replies. With the muslin wrap I'm a bit worried about it sliding down, that's a great idea about tying two corners together though 🙂 didn't even think of that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    Thanks for the replies. With the muslin wrap I'm a bit worried about it sliding down, that's a great idea about tying two corners together though 🙂 didn't even think of that!
    I'd also suggest going to spotlight or similar as I find sometimes the muslin wraps are sometimes the wrong size or small. So that way you can get a nice big piece and it can make it easier for you to find a way to make it work for you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I'd also suggest going to spotlight or similar as I find sometimes the muslin wraps are sometimes the wrong size or small. So that way you can get a nice big piece and it can make it easier for you to find a way to make it work for you.
    I actually did get a big piece of a soft, light jersey cotton fabric from spotlight and was thinking I'd make some sort of cover out of it, can't decide between the infinity cover thing which is just a poncho sort of thing, or getting a cardigan made that's nice and long in front so I can throw it over one shoulder.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Muslin wrap tucked into my bra strap, gives enough coverage without bub being hot and clammy under there.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Gracie's Mum For This Useful Post: