Hi ladies, i feel like I'm pretty naive when it comes to TTC even though this is our 3rd child we are trying for.. I just wanted to ask some questions about ovulation timing and implantation.. Just to get some first hand experiences or maybe you've read something in the past and know about it..
1. Ovulation - for those who get the ovulation cramps (mittelschmerz) do you get it before EWCM or after EWCM? Does the EWCM linger for a while after Ovulation happens and if so, for how long? Eg a whole day? 2 days? A few hours? Or do you only get it in the lead up to O?
2. Ovulation - the general info I've read about the life span of an egg is 12-24 hours. If you ovulate at 8am and DTD 12 hours later does that mean the sperm has enough time to catch the egg?
3. Implantation - it generally happens from 6-10 DPO yes? Can it happen earlier? I've read accounts from people who swear they implanted at 3DPO. Is that even physically possible? How long does a zygote take to become an embryo? Not sure if I'm using the right terminology but can some peoples cells divide and multiply faster than others?
4. Implantation - how soon after implantation do you get the really really early pregnancy symptoms like increased CM and cramps?
Thanks in advance!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
19-02-2016 18:59 #1
Questions about ovulation and implantation
19-02-2016 19:06 #2Senior Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2016
I am subbing in for this, as id like to hear some answers too.
I notice I never seem to have much ewcm, and I didn't really have any cramping this month, so not sure if I have even O'd....
The Following User Says Thank You to brodiesmummy2011 For This Useful Post:
20-02-2016 11:58 #3Senior Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2016
- Adelaide, SA
Hi @witherwings Ok I am fairly new to this too but here is my experience having lots of mittleshmerz and only just this cycle working it all out.
I personally get 1-2 EWCM leading up to MS (mittleshmerz not sure of the acronym). My MS lasts for using 4-5 hours and is really bad that BD actually hurts. At the time DH reports it's like a river in there. So this cycle I decided to do an OPK right when MS hit. I got a positive peak. So we BD'ed straight away then 24 bours later. According to all my apps (yes, I am super crazy) the O date is the day after MS, positive OPK and lots of EWCM. My EWCM continued for 24 hours after MS and OPK peak. Then went more like a creamy lotion.
I don't think it,s possible to implant as early as 3 days dpo. I watched a cool vid and I think it's a minimum of 6-7 dpo. It's just biology. So anyway I hope that helps.
Oh and I got implantation bleed and cramps at 8-9dpo and positive HPT 11dpo on an ultra sensitive with #1.
Right now I am 10DPO but still on very light brown bleed hardly much on TP just want AF to come so I can stop hopingh!
Good luck to you
The Following User Says Thank You to WinterJade For This Useful Post:
20-02-2016 12:29 #4
1) for me I get it after EWCM. For me I'm certain the pain I get is my follicle bursting and the egg coming out, so it's the moment of ovulation.
2) it really does depend on the egg. No one really knows how long it lasts. It's better to try before ovulation than after as a result. Theoretically 12-24 hours but I've heard the egg disintegrates quite quickly once released.
3) it's not possible for implantation to occur before 5dpo at the absolute earliest. 7-10 is most common. At 3dpo an embryo is only 6-8 cells. It doesn't hatch out of it's shell (in layman's terms) until day 5 or 6. It's pretty much not possible for an embryo to implant at 3 or even 4dpo. Embryos that develop too quickly can often have genetic problems that make them as unlikely to implant as embryos that develop too slowly.
4) I had implantation cramps from 6-8dpo this time, and my CM went "pregnant" by 12dpo. I had AF type cramping from 12dpo until about 16dpo and have had nothing much since then.
The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:
20-02-2016 12:35 #5
1. I get the EWCM for several days before the pain. I usually get pain for about 24 hours before ovulation. Most of the popular opinion is that EWCM doesn't linger long, it's basically gone the day after O. but IME it usually doesn't linger but sometimes does. With DS2 I was positive I ovulated on a certain day, had positive OPK. But the EWCM stayed about 4 days, as did the pos OPK's. When I found out I was pg I knew I had conceived the day I thought. It would have been physically impossible to get the high levels I had the day I did had I been 4 days less along. The very early scan also confirmed my date. I had a heartbeat at 5+0 which is early enough. No way I was 4+3 with a nice beat.
2. Yes it lasts 24 hours but they say the 2nd 12 hours it tends to start degrading. Sperm generally take 2-4 hours to find their way there. So if you ovulate at 8am and DTD at 8pm they would be def there by midnight so still plenty of time.
3. Implantation is generally 6-12 days after. I personally don't believe in those stories, the egg has to be pushed through the tubes into the uterus by little hairs, it's not like the speed of the swimmers. Most women that say they have symptoms then are just experiencing the progresterone surge which we all get every month, whether we are pg or not. The body gives you a big surge to maintain the pg until the sac and placenta forms better. If by 10+DPO you are not pg the body senses that, you get a big progesterone drop then your period comes. Your period is actually really a progesterone withdrawal bleed. This hormone gives identical early symptoms to pg.
4. Normally you need around 48 hours after implantation to have high enough HcG levels to register a positive. I find 2 days is when I start to know. With my last child I implanted 10DPO and by day 12 I knew, I tested 13DPO.
The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:
21-02-2016 20:25 #6
Thank you so much for your responses ladies!! It gives me a lot to consider! I was so worried that I missed out on catching the egg because of misreading symptoms and relying too much on fertility friend to work out O day, but i think I'm in with a good chance of at least DB in time for the egg.. As for whether that will turn into a pregnancy, I'll know for sure next weekend...
Thanks again! 🌹
By CluckyChook in forum Conception issues & ttcReplies: 3Last Post: 29-09-2015, 00:12
By Louly123 in forum Conception issues & ttcReplies: 0Last Post: 24-07-2015, 03:38
By lovebeingamumma81 in forum Conception & Fertility General ChatReplies: 2Last Post: 03-04-2015, 15:04
Baby SensoryBaby Sensory is the only baby programme that offers a complete approach to learning & development. Our classes offer ...
LATESTWhy it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?7 ways to break the ‘mumnotony’ at home
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Albert?Choosing Baby Names
Do u take it personally? Kids friends..General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
So impatient :( help!!Introductions
IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
Loan for a businessFamily Finances
Time share for holidaysGeneral Travelling with Kids Tips
ongoing chat threadGeneral Chat
Taking annual leave before maternity leave starts?Maternity Leave
Show me your lunchbox 2017!!Recipes & Lunchbox Ideas