Closed Thread
Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 468694959697 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati: I must admit. Up until now, i haven't added any salt into DS food. I went by natural flavor. This might explain why he likes the lamb stew better than all sort of unflavored mashed veges, protein (meat, fish or egg) and rice cereal! Ya, i might add lemon into the fish and see he would like it better. Cooked cherry tomato sauce seem to do the trick as well.

Actually, my work place is quite flexible with time. It is more to do with DH and DS schedule. We commute to work together. I always push DH to bring DS to CC early if DS wakes up early to avoid an overtired baby on the train! BUT DH always refuses to get ready to work before 6:45am so we don't get in to work that much earlier despite DS wakes up at say 5:30am. It annoys me. When DH was out of town, it was so much better with the schedule. I left the house as soon as possible and picked DS up earlier if possible. DS is now waking up from his second nap closer to 5pm so we can't really pick him up that much earlier either. The traffic is terrible which will take longer if we drive to work. We can go slightly off peak in the morning but traffic starts to get worse by 3pm. There is no way we could leave before that. I actually find it more stressful driving given that DS gets fussy quickly with the traffic jam. It is an hr commute for us each way. With PT, he is happy most of the time except when he is overtired, hungry etc. Yes, we have also moved the seat forward facing last week. However, DS still can't really see things outside. Only the tree lines and sky so he is still not a happy baby in the carseat. Yes, i heard a lot about the rear facing benefit. DH just said that the safest option is not to drive and go anywhere at all. We decided that it is time. All my friends turned the seat by 6 months and their baby seemed happier that way.

As for the bed time, I guess we are just too worried that DS would get up earlier than 5:30am if he goes to bed just passes 7pm. It did happen once or twice. Anyway, we don't push too hard and send him to bed early if he is tired. Overtired baby isn't fun! We can only hope 6am wake up time these days. Today was 5:30am again!

We don't have MHN appt at 12 months here in WA. We will probably have to check DS weight and height ourselves at some point. He doesn't really talk either. Just babbling sound. Those baba and mama sounds don't have any meaning just yet. I reckon he will speak a lot later given that he is being exposed to different languages. I also reckon DS is developing more physically now than focusing on language at the moment. He seems to understand certain things only BUT still hates his nappy change.

I like cooking except i will probably get fat faster! I am actually gained a fair bit since i got back to work. DH loves his cold meal too much so sometime he doesn't care about what i cook and would rather eat his salad and sandwiches. Sigh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you all ladies??

We finally started on cows milk. My plan was to do one bottle at a time but I quickly realised I am running out of formula and unless I want to buy another tin I need to transition 2 bottles straight away. So now morning and afternoon she's on cows milk. So far so good. I think she knows the difference. Morning one she's fine as she's Hungry after a full night sleep but the 2 pm bottle she's not as keen. She would drink about 80-100ml then happy to play. Night bottle is still formula for another week I think. I always overestimate how much left in the tin. Doh!

We use the straw bottle. Either the bbox or avent straw. I have tried giving her normal cup and she would go for it but won't necessarily get to drink any water lol.

Guess what. DD favourite right now is steamed carrot lol. I cut the carrot like how we would normally for adults and she loves carrot.

My mhn said normal body clock is around 5.30-6 am wake time. So I think what your DS doing is normal @bbhope.

You could start adding some seasoning @bbhope. I reckon at cc they would add seasoning. It's probably why he eats more at cc.

My DD doesn't point properly. Just some random hand movement and demand.

Speaking of tantrum. DD threw her first whole body tantrum in public. In a toy store lol. She didn't want to leave the toy store as she was playing so a full body tantrum on the floor. Lol.

I have turned the car seat this week. My DD is quite tall and I have put off for as long as I could. It started to look quite uncomfortable. She is happy facing front. So much to see.
    @bbhope do you have to commute together with DH? Might be easier if you can go separately? Over tired and hungry baby is never pleasant. Hard work

So my period is due tomorrow. I haven't tested. Have no idea if period is coming or not. No pms sign but I'm feeling tired.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: i am traveling for work at the moment. I thought i would get a break from the illness but it seems like human virus everywhere.

Talking about tantrum. DS started a few months back and it is getting more frequent now. He just throws the tantrum to get what he wants now. LOL. Talking about discipline!!! As i was brief tonight, DS refused to eat his dinner again. DH just ignored him and let him fuss for 10 mins, then he finally ate. Yesterday, he went to bed with yogurt and bread only.

Actually, transition to cow milk is easier than i thought. We underestimated the amount of formula left so went straight to cow milk. I was afraid that he wouldn't drink but he drank it without any complaint. honestly, i personally think the formula tastes so bad. Initially, we gave him a normal milk in the morning. He was a bit fussy afterward since we didn't know if it has anything to do with the lactose. We decided to just give him lactose free cow milk for now. Perhaps when he gets older and can communicate, it would be easier to try normal cow milk again. If he is happy, i don't think there is anything wrong with lactose free. It is just a bit hard when we travel.

It is easier to commute with DH and DS together. Two people dealing with DS is better than one.

Good luck TTC!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies!

@bbhope has ds been eating more solid now you are adding flavour? I'm cooking less and less now just for him I give him what we have a lot now even when there is flavour. Most of the time I just don't add salt or chilli to the dish anymore I just add it myself when I eat. But if there is flavour from bacon or tomato paste or stock I still give it to him.

Oh god I've put on so much weight. I have 4 kg to lose now. Sigh. After pregnancy I have such an appetite for sweet. I was really not that much a sweet person before. It's killing me!!

@bbhope I know it may seem easier commuting together but like you said, it was easier when dh wasn't working and you commuted earlier with ds. If you go super early (since he's such an early riser anyways) there will be less people and it means you can get dh to pick him up early and he can do it alone on the train ride back . Have you tried snacks like berries or crackers? That usually keeps our ds happy. What about a dummy will that help? Or maybe give him his bottle of milk on the train? You could feed him his breakfast and dinner on the train too. If he's hungry enough he'll hopefully be occupied eating. If you give him a bottle as soon as he wakes in the morning that will hopefully tied him over for breakfast on the train.

@Minib - oh the tantrums! Ds has had many. I've had to start holding my ground and not give him everything he wants now. Yeh not fun! He has recently started having tanties after we are back from work because he wants to play with us after not seeing us all day but I know he is super tired. Tonight I gave him and kiss and cuddle while he was screaming his head off and as soon as I closed the bedroom door he went silent and I look in and he's konked out asleep. I thot he'd cry for a few seconds but it was as soon as I closed the door. Stone silence!

I'm sure dd will be pointing at everything in no time. Ds out of nowhere has started to open and close his hands when he wants something so he points and then open and closes his hands in a grabbing gesture. So cute! But another level of demanding too!

Oh exciting! Did AF stay away today??

Thanks
    Reviews
    AF stays away today ladies so will test tomorrow! Eeks. I hope I'm pregnant but it can't be that easy right??? Surely not.
    @bbhope do you have to travel heaps? Are you interstate or overseas? How long are you away for?

Hey yoghurt and bread is fine. At least he ate! I remembered mchn kept saying offer the food if they don't eat leave it. They will eventually eat if they are hungry enough.

I'm the same as you @Gelati. My DD eats what we have except I don't necessarily season while cooking. But if it has some tomato paste or some oil then it's fine. Mchn also said in moderation is fine. They need to learn flavour combination. Well that's what I tell myself anyway hehe

Oh no!!! Losing weight is so much harder after baby and as we get older

Omg that's what my nurse told me today. We had our 12 months check up. She said after childcare often they want lots of cuddles, play and don't want to eat. They are too tired to eat and also separation anxiety kicked in so they just want mummy and daddy.

Lol! He konked out. That's too funny!! My DD sometimes is like that. She wants to play and didn't show any sign of tiredness. When I picked her up for bed she would want to play still until she sees he cot. Then she would literally dived in, smiled and out like a light lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh how exciting @Minib!! I hope you're pregnant too that would just be too good! And why not hey? Sometimes they say after first pregnancy ppl get pregnant really easily! What was your original reason for ivf? Maybe it's no longer an issue? How are your cycles post pregnancy? Mine have gotten longer - they are now 34 days. And I get no feelings at all even bloating or sore boobs. It just comes!

Aww at least your daughter isn't screaming. Ds is upset on weeknights. Whether childcare or at my mums. He wants our attention. On thu-sun he is a saint. So happy and settled. Makes me feel guilty for working. Dh is his favourite atm. It's lovely seeing them together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh how exciting @Minib!! I hope you're pregnant too that would just be too good! And why not hey? Sometimes they say after first pregnancy ppl get pregnant really easily! What was your original reason for ivf? Maybe it's no longer an issue? How are your cycles post pregnancy? Mine have gotten longer - they are now 34 days. And I get no feelings at all even bloating or sore boobs. It just comes!

Aww at least your daughter isn't screaming. Ds is upset on weeknights. Whether childcare or at my mums. He wants our attention. On thu-sun he is a saint. So happy and settled. Makes me feel guilty for working. Dh is his favourite atm. It's lovely seeing them together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies. Will catch up when I get home in another 24 hrs. About to fly out. Oversea this time. Oh....I really don't travel that much anymore as compared to 2 yrs ago. This is the last trip for the year and only the forth this year. Actually, I kind of miss it. It is good to be away to have down time but worried from time to time about what's happening at home. DH has to take annual leave to take care ds because I don't work on Monday.

Fx @Minib !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you test today @Minib??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did @Gelati @bbhope

Negative.

I didn't expect to see two lines so all good. Only first month of trying. Will try harder haha.