ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 94 of 97 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati I work one day a week from home. That gives me time to gym in the morning instead of lunch break. And also no need to commute. DD is still at mums on my work from home day so I'm not the primary carer but it does mean I can finish at 4 and see her by 4.10 pm.

Thanks for the tip on the party shop. Do they sell bunting or banner? I want to make a bunting that says I am one. But I want it to be quite neutral colour. I will check out that shop.

Oh wow sounds like your DS is learning heaps from cc. DD def hasn't learned that much. Her latest thing was the hand movement for twinkle twinkle. But she only just started learning to clap yesterday. She's 11 months old lol.

Awww love those cousins love. Can your son feed himself with a spoon? Wow!

That's a lot of sleep. Must be he vaccine impacting him.

DD is standing and cruising but not standing unassisted. Have to hold on something. Sometimes she lets go one hand and she forgets she's not holding on something. If I give her biscuit as incentive I think she will run for it lol. She loves biscuits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib - haha running for biscuits....so cute! they are all different tho in development. Lots are already walking before 1! and they do things out of nowhere so you don't know when they will start doing something. DS just started shrugging and putting his hands up in a shrug when we say where did it go or he does it to say, it's all gone. haha so dam cute!

Yeh it's heaps of sleep so i put it down to the vaccine. Altho he started doing it before his vaccine this week (just once) and i thot he was starting to consolidate his two naps into one. So who knows.

Yep def sell buntings. Reject shop and that shop both sell it. So cheap - only $3 at the reject shop. We used it to write 'happy birthday'.

DS still can't really feed with a spoon although this week he has been getting stuff in his spoon and putting it inside his mouth and then he feeds me haha. See they do it out of nowhere. Altho maybe it's a cc learnt thing. but no not like he could eat a whole meal with a spoon. I have to put the dog away when he eats now cos he feeds himself, then me, then the dog.....and not always in that order. Gross!

Oh that's great you get to go to the gym and get to work from home. It makes a huge difference. I'm asking for work from home every week for 1 day and then 3 days in the office. See if it gets approved. At the moment it kind of is just at discretion but i've worked from home once every week so far. Fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I give her a biscuit she will shove it down and ask for another one straight away. I don't see the same excitement when I give her cheese lol. She's not loving cheese like she used to.

Omg that's so cute!!! Isn't it amazing how they pick up these new skills.

Hey that's cheap. I will def need to check it out.

Lol the dog must be loving all the extra food haha. We don't have a dog but I reckon DD would def love one.

Is there any reason why they can't approve it? I think it will be approved. My boss is very supportive. I'm quite flexible as the next two weeks I'm not working from home at all. Work commitment but I could also look into switching my WFH day weekly if it needs to be.

DD still only have the two teeth. Looks like she's starting to show sign of teething but geez a long gap in between teeth. Other babies in my MG all have more teeth. But my DD is one of the better eater even with two teeth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib - i don't think they can reject it. They've verbally approved it i just feel bad for some reason. Don't know why? It would be to work from home once a week but I probably won't do it every week. I just need to get it formally approved now. But yeh shouldn't be a problem.
    Did you end up finding a cleaner? i finally found a good one this week thank god! it's such a big difference not having to clean. She wasn't taking anymore customers but for some reason squeezed me in but i think she's regretting it now cos we live quite far from her and she tried to get out of it this week but i think she ended up feeling sorry for me. lol. I def need her!

At least you know what she loves! We give ds those tasteless crackers but no proper biscuits yet. Probably why he doesn't love them haha. But he loves blueberries and strawberries. DS is fussy with his cheese. Loves the laughing cow but not the round red one. Have you tried different types of cheeses?

Some babies don't have any teeth by the time they are 1! They are all different but good on dd for being a champion eater! Do you cook her own food and feed her still or does she hand feed herself most of the time now? We still feed him for some of the meals. Whatever works really depending on what we are eating. For lunch normally i feed him his own cooked meal cos we are out and that's easier than him feeding himself.

haha yeh he is and he's getting fat! need to cut back on his food. DS does like him but to be honest he doesn't give him that much attention. Sometimes will give him a pat but because the dog runs whenever he goes to pat him DS has sort of given up. lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies. Sorry haven't been catching up until now. I am taking the day off without DS. I was away and then an email ruined part of my vacation. I thought it was good news but it was bad news instead. I shouldn't have checked email. It was a nightmare with the project. I didn't get into what happened last time.....i just couldn't believe it happened again! In short, i just have darn bad luck lately. I am also on a lot of stress with job hunt. It isn't ideal for us to move so I'm kind of rely on boss to find $ to keep me. I feel so powerless.

Lets see if i could reply it all.......
    @Minib: no we don't use salt for bath. We are using gaia bath gel because it doesn't irritate DS eyes like normal shower gel. DS drinks bath water by accident sometime too (not good)! Ya, good luck with TTC!!! We got some stuff from reject shop and red dots as well. Hope DD will love CC. It does take sometime for them to get used to it. DS has never had his arms wide open when we hand him over to CC! The other mom said that her DS would do that for grandparents every morning! I think is a different dynamic. DS will be moving up to 1--2 yr room next year. Such a shame because he seems attach to one of the carers in his current room. Yes, they get to do messy things that you don't want to do at home such as painting.
    @Gelati: hmm....i have never heard about chlorine is good for eczema. I heard the opposite that's why i am not sure about enrolling DS for the swimming class. Wow your DS seems to know a lot of things, especially with the language and hand movement. DS still doesn't seem to understand what we are saying and doesn't seem to do much with hand movement other than knowing how to clap. We still don't understand why he hates nappy change so much!!! Yes, they certainly do things out of no where. Like he was making a big fuss when we tried to feed him lunch at an outdoor cafe the other day because he saw a sandpit with trucks and he wanted to play!! It surprised us because he didn't know the concept of toys until now. We have to be careful not to tease him with a toy at the store and put it back now.

Oh...he has become such a fussy eater now. I think CC has spoiled his taste bud.

DS is a risk taker. He doesn't have any fear for anything. He started to take steps unassisted just few days before turning 1. He kept hurting himself and we were so scare everytime he just released his hands and took off! Then, he became cautious knowing it could hurt himself. He is walking (running sometime!) around the house and at the park. He has never seem to like crawling from the start. It becomes quite difficult commuting with him because he doesn't like us to hold onto him! I think all babies just develop differently. I see DS is more about moving about but less in language. He gets frustrated a lot when he can't walk freely or keeps falling on the sand.

Oh ya, it must be the vaccine but it is common for my DS to nap up to 4 hrs in total. There were one day of sleeping on day 4 for DS so the timing might not be so accurate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope - hope work issues are a bit better now? I hate it when i feel stuck in a job you do feel so powerless. I hope you can find something else soon. It's not a nice feeling when you feel like you are reliant on someone for money and don't have options.

We have had a horrendous last 3 days. Day 6 after vacc (right on schedule almost hey?) DS became horrible. it was also in conjunction with getting sick from cc so he was extra bad. But normally when he gets sick he's not like this. This was on newborn scale almost. Refused to go down for a sleep at night. First night didn't sleep until 9:30pm!! Eventually we had to let him CIO because it was just too late and he needed to sleep. He was out after 5 min. It wasn't even crying. Just making noise. He must have been uncomfortable. Then he woke at 2am and then at 6am. He has been sleeping through for the last 2-3 months even when sick so this was unusual. This was repeated for the last 3 nights. High temp yesterday - 39.1, so we gave panadol. The fever finally broke this morning but tonight it went up to 38 again so another dose of panadol before bed. I think he's on the mend now but man it has been a tough 3 days. Plus he's only been catnapping during the day and difficult to put down. Lots of whining and crying. Lots of cuddles. Man if the vacc is this bad imagine how bad it would be if he contracted the diseases? I shudder to think. Poor little thing. It was hard cos he was sick as well and i caught his cold so i feel like crap too. But hopefully he's on the mend. Tonight was the first night he went down without a fuss like normal. Given strain B is meant to be an even worser reaction i think i might wait a bit before we give that one. And no cc that week! I might take a few sick days so my mum doens't have to have in full time. Anyways - @Minib - hopefully dd reacts to it better.

Oh ds is running bbhope? That's exciting but yes i hear you, very dangers. DS just yesterday has started balancing without holding onto anything and all of sudden he thinks he can let go of furniture and just walk off. Of course he can't and falls flat on his belly. I feel like the last 2 days he's been very reckless and wanting to walk. He's flinging himself all over the place but obviously doesn't have the ability so is hurting himself left right and centre. I just need to watch him all the time. Hopefully the phase will pass quickly. I think ds will be walking within the next month.

DS is ok with his food but of course the last 3 days has gone off food and milk. Poor thing. its hard when they are fussy with food. Very frustrating. Can you give ds the food you guys have for dinner? Maybe have some steam vegies in the fridge in case he can't have what you have. DS tends to eat more if he's feeding himself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: oh ya, this reminded me what we went through. I couldn't tell what's what because he had the gastro bug + snotty nose at the same time. From day 5 onward, he was so unsettled and unbearable. It drove me nut because DH wasn't home. Then, 5 days later he was back to a happy baby again all of the sudden. Like a switch.....Hope it is over for your DS now. Sigh....DS is on his 5th course of antibiotic. NOT good. And it is a stronger dose dose everytime! I Feel like it is overused by the Dr. But he gets well everytime he is on one.........How did we survive without antibiotic in the past!??

The problem about dinner is that i only cook asian noodle soup with variety ingredients during the week. Basically, everything into the pot and boil and then i can do something else. So it isn't easy to feed DS with that. I feel bad. DS is eating too many pouch food! It can't be healthy.......It is an extra work for me to cook for him. If we aren't going out on weekend, i can do batch into the freezer. However, he is quite selective what he eats. Sometime i gave him finger food and all he wanted was being fed. DS is such a fussy eater so i dont feel motivated to cook special food for him these days. it happened a few time now. Pasta just for him, NOPE. Fish and veges just for him, NOPE. Sigh. I notice that he seems to eat veges better if i just mash them and mix with the rice cereal. We tried to have dinner with him a few times but sometime he jsut doesn't have the patience. Actually, we realize that we are feeding him less than CC.

There is a shortage for B strain in Australia. I can't find it anywhere. I just read on the news that a little boy died because of contracting the B strain. C and B strains are common in australia. I am very determined to vax DS. A pre-vax panadol is recommended. It seems like people are signing for petition so govt can fund the vax. GP also mentioned that it might come to schedule in the future because people want it.

Oh...as i mentioned in the last post, DS was doign exact the same as your DS. He thought he could walk and only hurt himself. Then, he became super cautious and didn't try to take steps for a week or so. Yes, i think your DS will start walking in a month time. DS loves walking! He also starts to climb the stair at the playground.

BTW, how long can DS stay up? I find it strange that DS gets tired so quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhipe no relief for us. Ds was up 6 times last night. It could be cos it was warm but it wasn't that warm to be honest. Luckily I have dh I don't know how you did it yourself. I'm feeling better today too but tired from last night. His fever is gone today so hopefully he is on the mend. I really hope ds is better tonight. I don't know how we all survived newborn days. He's also waking super early too like 6am. And not napping well during the day.

When you cook Asian could you take some out for ds and blend it (minus the soup)? Then feed that to him. Hopefully he will learn to use a spoon soon!

Poor ds more antibiotics? That is a lot for such a young child but what can you do if he doesn't get better without it? It could be the diet. Does he normally sleep well? I find if they have a good diet and sleep well that's the best defence against sickness. Could you ask what cc feeds him and ask for some recipes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,
    @Gelati oh no. Poor DS and you guys. Sleep deprivation sucks.

How hot was today. I struggle with the heat. My DD sweats a lot like her dad. Today she had sweaty hands and feet. Gross lol.

When he wakes up early, does he need your attention straight away or is he happy to play in his cot? 6 am is early
    @bbhope some other suggestions for meal so you can have it with DS. Could you cut up the veggies the night before and when you get home all you have to do is steam or boil the veggies and cook up a protein. It should only take 15 mins to cook. And DS can also feed himself more. Do you not like western food? Is that why you cook noodle soup? Noodle soup is easy to cook I agree but if you don't mind western food some of it is so easy to cook as well.

My DD seems to eat a lot. Sometimes I worry she eats too much. How much does an 11.5 months old suppose to eat? She can eat one weetbix and about 1/3 banana for breakfast. Lunch one bowl of congee with broccoli, carrot and spinach. Or omelette with veggie. Not quite one egg omelette but won't be far off it. Followed by fruits (20 raspberries and blueberries). Seems a lot??? Dinner is one rice bowl of stir fry / steam vegetable with protein or fish. 3 bottles of milk still about 420ml a day. Sometimes for arvo tea she has a couple of frackers not biscuits. I got the wrong word as my parents can only say biscuits not crackers so I kept saying biscuits. Is that too much food?

Yeah I read about the men B in south Australia. 4 people now. I'm def getting the vax for my DD too. Am yet to call my GP to see if we can get it before end of the year. It's been discussed about putting B strain vax on the scheduled vax for the last few years. I'm not going to wait. These things won't happen overnight.

Your poor DS re antibiotics but it's hard to see them sick and not get better. Not sure what choice you have. Gelati has a good point about good sleep and good diet help to fight sickness.

Speaking of stairs, that's DD new game. Climb up the stairs. She can't walk but she can crawl and climb. All she wants to do is climb up the couch and the stairs.
    @bbhope these are some of the things I could cook the night before and just heat up for dinner:
    - zucchini slice. Pack it with lots of veggie. You can put zucchini, carrot, and peas.
    - dumplings. Wrap them up in bathes and just boil for dinner. I make it with mince prawn, mince chicken, ginger, ****ake mushroom, peas, cabbage, and coriander or parsley.
    - spag bol with mince beef, carrot, zucchini and peas
    - maybe do stir fry on weekend when you have more time and you can put kale, spinach, capsicum, mushroom and some protein
    - omelette with spinach, mushroom, cherry tomato, capsicum
    - roast chicken and veg will take more time but you could always roast it the night before or on the weekend
    - steam salmon with veg and soba
    - chicken pie. This doesn't reheat well so might be a weekend meal.
    - tuna bake

Most things I cook on weekdays take 15 mins max as I prep the night before. Weekend I cook food that takes more time if we don't eat out.

I also put veg in lots of things so in case I don't have time to cook veg separately I don't feel bad.

Other suggestion is to buy the veg frozen already cut up and just need to boil no need to chop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope sorry I assume you were running out of idea of what to cook. But if you guys don't like simple western food then ignore me. Noodle soup is hard to feed I agree. I've tried a few times and almost have to give it to her dry without the soup.
    @Gelati I haven't found a cleaner. I am tired and don't really want to clean. Oh well the house isn't as clean now but at the same time I can't be bothered.

I've tried different type of cheeses. Looks like she's not that fussed about it now. She can take it or leave it. She doesn't hand feed herself all the time. For fruit yes, when she's home with me yes but when she's at mums she's spoon fed. Even when she's self feed, I still help out by feeding her certain things to make sure she eats.
    @bbhope I forgot to reply about your work. That sucks. Is everything ok now? You aren't having lots of luck in the last few months.

I have heard of chlorine in the bath. One tiny drop to help the eczema. Never tried it obviously but DD doesn't have eczema.