+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby shower gift ideas

My friend got me a backpack for Our LO from tinyme - I was going to get one when I went back to work so he could put all his stuff in there when I dropped him off at my mums

https://www.tinyme.com.au/personalised-bags

They also have cool puzzles

Which reminds me - old school wooden toys! (I've seen Kmart have some cool cheap ones)

A girl at work gave me one of those old school spinning tops (I'm guilty of playing with it for like half an hour when I got it out of the box lol)
    Last edited by Cevapa; 16-02-2016 at 22:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Milestone cards? 2 different friends have just had their 2nds and I got them these (amongst other things). with the second child they just don't have time to make a baby book like with the first so these are a great solution- so easy to just plonk the relevant card in front of the baby and take a photo! There are loads of companies that do them -etsy in particular

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WaitRose For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Link was deleted - just google 'baby milestone cards'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitRose View Post
    Milestone cards? 2 different friends have just had their 2nds and I got them these (amongst other things). with the second child they just don't have time to make a baby book like with the first so these are a great solution- so easy to just plonk the relevant card in front of the baby and take a photo! There are loads of companies that do them -etsy in particular
    Yes great idea. I have the all 4 Ella milestone blocks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Lactation cookies for a hospital snack?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    I like practical things.
    A nose Frida nose sucker. About $15 and one of the best baby gadgets I bought - way better than a traditional nasal aspirator.
    A box of nappies in size up from newborn so they have some ready to go.
    A gro egg or gro clock for the bedroom.
    A week's worth of lite n easy dinners (depending on your budget, they work out about $10 each I think)
    Nice hand cream for mum for when skin dries out after birth and all the hand washing.
    all of this! I love our gro egg and bub isn't even here yet 😂 we love it to check the temp in our bedroom before bed 😂😂

I prefer dineamic to lite n easy for convenience dinners as they have special mums & bubs packs. I bought one and got 10 meals for $99. check out the website for more info.

other small things like a baby thermometer, a bath thermometer, a non slip mat to go in the bath, hooded towel etc

I found we got a lot of the same stuff, clothes and stuff like bibs and face washers. all good but they seem to be the go-to gift ideas and you end up with a lot of the same stuff.

I also like to avoid the gender stereotype coloured stuff. everyone knows we're having a boy and 99% of the stuff we got is blue. it's a bit unimaginative and I don't really like baby blue so I've got a lot of stuff I kind of think ho hum about 😂

I also prefer to stay away from buying people baby products as everyone is different. we got a few old school j&j products from older relatives and I prob won't use them as I prefer the organic stuff.

I think small, useful things you can't go wrong with. oh and no stuffed toys! they're annoying and useless and people usually have quite specific tastes about what they like toy-wise. I've got a few plush bears I've stuffed to the back of the closet as they're unbearable (excuse the pun lol) to look at lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for all the suggestions! So this is what I've ended up getting.
    for the baby - a homemade balloon cover, basic onesie, and a cute Royal doulton money box.
    For mum - a feeding night light and a copy of "go the f to sleep".
    For big brother - two board books and a homemade book bag.
    Does that sound okay?

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (20-02-2016),Cevapa  (21-02-2016),Mamasupial  (20-02-2016),Tamtam  (20-02-2016),wobbleyhorse  (20-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The best thing I got was a huge picnic rug. It's called a Love Rug. It's amazing. Not so much when DS was small, but from 6 months, almost daily. I have bought a couple for gifts as well.

http://basilbangs.com/products/love-rugs/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lileitak View Post
    The best thing I got was a huge picnic rug. It's called a Love Rug. It's amazing. Not so much when DS was small, but from 6 months, almost daily. I have bought a couple for gifts as well.

http://basilbangs.com/products/love-rugs/
    That's very cool!