+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I don't like the term BFF. I have old friends who know me inside and out and close female friends who I've only known for a few years but who I couldn't live without.

I love the company of close females and really missed my friends when we moved a few years ago. It took a while but I've made a circle now who I love.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Who has a best friend?

I have a bestie I guess. I think it means more to her than me. I don't mean that in a mean way, but even after 15-odd years I am overly cautious with friends (due to previous friends issues). We are each other's kids's godparents, she is always honest with me, I hope.

Otherwise, I'm currently sitting with ds2 having a coffee and toast, and our little saying is 'best friends forever'. So even though DH is away, my boy is my valentine today

Thanks
    Reviews
    My best friend lives with us. We know each other inside out, faults and all. I met her as she was my kids childcare director ages ago and we just hit it off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had best female mates over the years, but as cliche as it sounds my partner is my best mate. I would rather spend time with him and stay home with him than go out on a girl's night or something like that. If i want to see a movie, I'd rather see it with him. I have female friends that I chat to on Facebook but haven't really made friends since we moved 4 months ago.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (14-02-2016)

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Me! I have 2 actually, because I'm greedy like that 😏 I think of them as my sisters.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For me I'm learning now I think I gave a lot more into our friendship! I held & planned & hosted her bridal shower, she just turned up to mine! Her baby shower I planned & hosted, didn't even turn up to mine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have 3 really close friends and lots of other good friends. The 3 besties, 2 I've known since high school and the 3rd I speak to almost every day even though it's hard to see each other I feel like we're probably the closest. They're all amazing friends and people in lots of different ways.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by joalisha View Post
    For me I'm learning now I think I gave a lot more into our friendship! I held & planned & hosted her bridal shower, she just turned up to mine! Her baby shower I planned & hosted, didn't even turn up to mine!
    I think it's very important to have a best friend who values the friendship as much as you do. I think that's one reason why I haven't made an effort to make friends, because I do a lot for friends, but I used to be heartbroken when the same effort wasn't made. Friendships should be a two way street.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (14-02-2016)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Not really apart from DP. I think I have high expectations of friends and most people end up disappointing.

I have my mothers group friends and high school friends who I seldom see, and one friend who I've become close with quickly, but my real best friends, the ones I talk to about everything, are DP and my Aunty.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (14-02-2016),Marchbundle  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not anymore. I cut ties with my best friend and I've become much more guarded with people over the past few years, so I don't even really have close friends.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Not really apart from DP. I think I have high expectations of friends and most people end up disappointing.
    This is me.
    Last edited by atomicmama; 14-02-2016 at 17:19.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (14-02-2016),Marchbundle  (14-02-2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast