+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Weekend Chat.

that's crappy about your hard drive! is the other MacBook useable or not really?

ETA: what did the cat team say?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DH got up about an hour ago. Ds has been stuck to him like glue the whole time haha. Its his turn. Its his own fault being hungover.

I hope you have a successful hunt for a hard drive.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Californication  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Weekend Chat.

I found the pool areas not kid friendly ( no slides or fountains, no shallow ends ) the kids club looked like a small crèche that you'd find in a gym, the staff were lovely and DS went to 2 sessions but they never left the room, he much prefers to swim or play putt putt etc so I felt slack leaving him in a room when there were other things for him to explore on the ship but being ours was only a 3 day cruise and not many kids maybe they make it more kid friendly on the longer trips? My 13 year old nieces loved their tween club but it was better for them being older they could come and go as they please whereas DS is 5 and his cousins 4 so they obviously needed supervision all the time
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 14-02-2016 at 15:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is everything - meals, drinks, activities - included in the cost? Or are they extra? I reckon a cruise could be fun, but DH would hate it I think. Might have to wait 25 years until he retires and I've worn him down LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's not bad. We're not huge drinkers - especially if it's a family trip! I reckon it would be fun for the kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ours included food only at certain restaurants ( buffett which was horrid and a main restaurant) and no drinks - the drinks seemed cheap $10 cocktails but they were all in U.S. Dollars , there was no decent coffee on board at all which nearly killed DH! Our drinks bill for 3 nights was $300 which seems like a lot but we really only had a few cocktails before dinner and a bottle of wine at dinner

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I always wanted to go on a cruise but in the last couple of years there has been at least 3 different ships with gastro outbreaks and has gone through the whole ship...bugger that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Marchbundle View Post
    I always wanted to go on a cruise but in the last couple of years there has been at least 3 different ships with gastro outbreaks and has gone through the whole ship...bugger that.
    yeah how peed off would you be!? pay all that coin and end up crook and crapping your daks the entire time.

I've also deduced that a cruise is not really about traveling and seeing the world. it's about a holiday on a ship that goes places. my parents showed me their pics and all their stops were just at port. like they'd get off the boat, spend a couple of hours close to port doing a couple of touristy things, then get back on the ship. what the?!

I know everyone has different objectives when traveling but dh and I really love to get into the local culture, meet and hang out with locals, explore the local bar and food scene etc. basically try and get a real taste of a place as a local might experience it. spending 95% of your time on a cruise ship with retirees would just crap me off to tears 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Marchbundle View Post
    I was soooo worried about that too - I must say I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the ship, they were always cleaning and they had staff standing at the door of every restaurant and bar with hand sanitiser !

My FIL paid for us all to go for his 70th which was lovely but I wouldn't pay to go on a cruise , it just wasn't for us

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Marchbundle  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I was soooo worried about that too - I must say I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the ship, they were always cleaning and they had staff standing at the door of every restaurant and bar with hand sanitiser !

My FIL paid for us all to go for his 70th which was lovely but I wouldn't pay to go on a cruise , it just wasn't for us
    yeah my parents said how there are sanitizer stations everywhere.

that's very generous of your fil to get everyone together for the cruise.