+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glittersparks View Post
    Merry Christmas ladies!! Hope you've all enjoyed the fantastic, overly hot, sticky weather santa brought us

I am a Canadian who recently moved to Modbury (my fiancé is from Adelaide). We are pregnant with our first baby and getting married in 3 weeks. We are due in July.

Events like Christmas, and planning a wedding are a really sad reminder that all of my besties are literally THOUSANDS of miles away. I'm looking to expand my social circle here and creating a life for myself here I need girlfriends in my life!! I'm hoping to find some like minded people here - message me! Let's go for a boost juice or something!

Jenny x
    Hello, welcome & congratulations.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Glittersparks congratulations on your pregnancy and upcoming wedding and welcome to adelaide. There is a couple hubbers out north so hopefully they will see this post. I'm south near the beach.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Merry Christmas ladies!! Hope you've all enjoyed the fantastic, overly hot, sticky weather santa brought us

I am a Canadian who recently moved to Modbury (my fiancé is from Adelaide). We are pregnant with our first baby and getting married in 3 weeks. We are due in July.

Events like Christmas, and planning a wedding are a really sad reminder that all of my besties are literally THOUSANDS of miles away. I'm looking to expand my social circle here and creating a life for myself here I need girlfriends in my life!! I'm hoping to find some like minded people here - message me! Let's go for a boost juice or something!

Jenny x
    Hi @Glittersparks welcome to bubhub! Congrats on the upcoming wedding and baby - 2017 is going to be a big year for you!
    I am also not near Modbury (45-60 minutes away sorry).
    You could try your July due in group on bubhub or other sites to see if there is anyone on there that is due around the same time and lives nearby. You'll also get offered to join a local mothers group through Child and Family Health Services (CAFHS) after your baby is born and then there's a whole bunch of local things you can join when your bub is getting bigger like gymbaroo and playgroups and mainly music to meet other people.
    That's all baby related meeting opportunities I'm not so sure on meeting people between now and then sorry! Adelaide can be a bit tough to meet new people (my DH moved here when he was 32 and found it hard) but it's a great place to live and raise a family and hopefully you can make connections through your fiancé and work and things along the way.
    All the best with your wedding coming up and your July baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Hi @Glittersparks welcome to bubhub! Congrats on the upcoming wedding and baby - 2017 is going to be a big year for you!
    I am also not near Modbury (45-60 minutes away sorry).
    You could try your July due in group on bubhub or other sites to see if there is anyone on there that is due around the same time and lives nearby. You'll also get offered to join a local mothers group through Child and Family Health Services (CAFHS) after your baby is born and then there's a whole bunch of local things you can join when your bub is getting bigger like gymbaroo and playgroups and mainly music to meet other people.
    That's all baby related meeting opportunities I'm not so sure on meeting people between now and then sorry! Adelaide can be a bit tough to meet new people (my DH moved here when he was 32 and found it hard) but it's a great place to live and raise a family and hopefully you can make connections through your fiancé and work and things along the way.
    All the best with your wedding coming up and your July baby!
    Thanks for your response x I've joined the July BH forum x

I can't wait to get out and meet ppl... and yes Adelaide is a bit hard to meet ppl for sure, but with some perseverance and dedication I will I'm sure x thank you for your message x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks for your response x I've joined the July BH forum x

I can't wait to get out and meet ppl... and yes Adelaide is a bit hard to meet ppl for sure, but with some perseverance and dedication I will I'm sure x thank you for your message x
    Good luck I met few people off my DIG also if u end up going to your mothers group thing (omg brain fart someone might help out and answer lol) the 6 week course! I met few people there too. (This is once u have bub. If u ever go into town I'm willing meet u for coffee

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Me too. Catching up in the city's probably easiest, with members on opposite sides of the city.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm happy for a catch up, but might be a little hard with 2 kids. Unless it's next month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Jenny x
    Hi Jenny,
    I live close to you and I'm happy to arrange to meet up. I have 2 kids, aged 6 and 3. PM me if you like 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    How we coping with the heat?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same I just moved to Sydney and I need new friends