Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We didn't get any hail!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We didn't get hail either! But we did get the bucketing rain and massive thunder and lightning. And flickering lights. Lucky our power stayed on but friend up the road not so lucky

Thanks
    Reviews
    We only had the heavy rain and lighting. Lights flickered but that was it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Question

Any Adelaide mums that have used Torrens house for sleep issues with bubs

I'm about to lose it with DS2. He is becoming a shocking sleeping day and night. Has 2 maybe 3 sometimes 20min cap naps during the day then doesn't go off to sleep til 830/9pm at night and is now waking up 2/3 times a night again.

He has his routine which I follow like I did with DS1. But this is getting beyond a joke

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nope didn't use Torrens house but Therd is great sleep paed at Adelaide paediatrics. I think u said he had reflux maybe talk Sanjay as reflux could still be issue are u still on medication?

I used Chelsea Connolly paid through the *** but worth every cent in my eyes lol. Our furniture is coming over next weekend eep then we will be end jan just before kindy starts back! So nervous as it feels ages but then it's not

How old is he now? I

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to torrens house when DD was 7 months old (went on the wait list when she was 6 months old).
    How old is DS now? How long has sleep been bad? Maybe it's just a bad phase.
    I didn't have a great experience at Torrens house sorry. They told me I was putting DD to bed too early at 7pm and that I should be putting her to bed at 9pm earliest so I did that the first night there then she woke at 1am they told me to feed her (at 7 months of age) then she woke at 5am they told me to feed her again. Then she wouldn't go back to sleep and they told me to get her up for the day! And they thought 8hrs sleep (9pm-5am) was not unreasonable and that my expectations for more were unreasonable!
    They did help me with day routine which was good but just warning you that they do think 1-2 feeds overnight at 6-7 months is perfectly fine. They don't allow cry it out and no co-sleeping and under 6 months they expect them to sleep in the room with you while there.
    You need to do cafhs day service before getting into Torrens house waitlist. Whatever you do don't go to Marion cafhs office go to edwardstown instead.
    I think with DD part of her issue was just growing out of catnapping but also the usual things like white noise, dark room, sleeping bag, appropriate wake times, and trying to fit things around her to give her the best opportunities to sleep. I also paid for a private sleep consultant who said basically the same.
    Sorry to be so negative having said all that I still think Torrens house is worthwhile in terms of picking up something you hadn't thought of or just helping you tweak things a bit and having an opportunity just to focus on sleep and routine. Sleep deprivation sucks so I hope things get better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Nope didn't use Torrens house but Therd is great sleep paed at Adelaide paediatrics. I think u said he had reflux maybe talk Sanjay as reflux could still be issue are u still on medication?

I used Chelsea Connolly paid through the *** but worth every cent in my eyes lol. Our furniture is coming over next weekend eep then we will be end jan just before kindy starts back! So nervous as it feels ages but then it's not

How old is he now? I
    He is 4 months old today. Sleeping was getting really good. Would have 2 good naps a day and now I'm lucky for 2/3 20min sessions and if he does nap for say 2 hours which happened a couple weeks ago it was in my arms as I fell asleep with exhaustion

He doesn't have reflux only dairy intolerance and I've been dairy free for 7 weeks now. We saw sanjay last week and he didn't seem to worried about the non sleeping issues

I was on motillium but I'm weaned off now have been for a month as my supply is fine now.

Exciting about your furniture coming over definately not long now til your around the corner...literally !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    I went to torrens house when DD was 7 months old (went on the wait list when she was 6 months old).
    How old is DS now? How long has sleep been bad? Maybe it's just a bad phase.
    I didn't have a great experience at Torrens house sorry. They told me I was putting DD to bed too early at 7pm and that I should be putting her to bed at 9pm earliest so I did that the first night there then she woke at 1am they told me to feed her (at 7 months of age) then she woke at 5am they told me to feed her again. Then she wouldn't go back to sleep and they told me to get her up for the day! And they thought 8hrs sleep (9pm-5am) was not unreasonable and that my expectations for more were unreasonable!
    They did help me with day routine which was good but just warning you that they do think 1-2 feeds overnight at 6-7 months is perfectly fine. They don't allow cry it out and no co-sleeping and under 6 months they expect them to sleep in the room with you while there.
    You need to do cafhs day service before getting into Torrens house waitlist. Whatever you do don't go to Marion cafhs office go to edwardstown instead.
    I think with DD part of her issue was just growing out of catnapping but also the usual things like white noise, dark room, sleeping bag, appropriate wake times, and trying to fit things around her to give her the best opportunities to sleep. I also paid for a private sleep consultant who said basically the same.
    Sorry to be so negative having said all that I still think Torrens house is worthwhile in terms of picking up something you hadn't thought of or just helping you tweak things a bit and having an opportunity just to focus on sleep and routine. Sleep deprivation sucks so I hope things get better soon.
    He's is 4months today. Progressively worse the last month and this week has been so bad it's not funny. I'm not even going out so i don't break his routine

I know what you mean about the Marion office the nurse I had made me feel like complete crap on every visit I had with her. I had pnd with DS1 and I'm borderline this time but they didn't seem to care. I asked to join a mothers group but they flat out refused cos I'd had a baby 9 yrs ago !

His routine is
    5pm bath
    6pm dinner (solids)
    630 light play
    7pm quiet time
    730 boobie bottle 180mls and doesn't finish it
    8 to 9 is trying to settle him to sleep

This week he has been waking at 1, 3 then 530 for feeds have tried settling with no feed but it doesn't work.

530am I will feed in bed and we go off to sleep

8am feed again
    845 rice cereal and banana
    10am cap nap for 20 mins
    11/1130 he wants another feed
    1230 solids lunch
    2/3pm feed again
    5pm feed again

He's snugly in his bed and has a sleeping bag that I wouldn't mind getting into either

DS1 was perfect you'd say night night after his feed and wouldn't hear a peep out of him for 12hrs and that was from 3months onwards

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah Marion cafhs are pretty horrible. I went there at breaking point and the lady actually said well it's only going to get worse from here
    I hate to say it but that sounds pretty normal/average for a 4 month old sorry by 6 months DD was waking every 1-2hrs overnight which is why we went to Torrens house. She would often get better then regress with her sleeping then get better etc. Til she was 11 months old she was waking 1-2 times every night. She didn't sleep through til 11-12 months. Her day sleep only improved at 5-6 months old too. If you think you're doing all the right things then it may just be developmental or a phase or just his sleeping personality. Not what you want to hear I'm sure at 4 months 1-3 feeds overnight is pretty standard I think anything better is great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I went to Paediatric Sleep Psychologist http://www.sleepeducation.net.au/pae...p%20clinic.php They aren't hands on but do consultations.

Definitely take a look at this page http://www.sleepeducation.net.au/inf...ep%20facts.php