+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    634
    Thanks
    189
    Thanked
    205
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Sleep school sucks 😢

    I never took DS to sleep school but I share your exhaustion pain. DS never slept for more than 3 hours in a row until about 9 months, and didn't sleep thru the night until about 3 years. His bedtimes varied from 8:30 to 11pm, and wake ups from 7 to 8 am. If he had a day sleep he could stay awake until midnight. I went back to work when he was 5 months old. The sleep deprivation was insane. I still don't know how I functioned.
    Good luck!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Waggers70 For This Useful Post:

    gingermillie  (13-02-2016)

  3. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,672
    Thanks
    3,286
    Thanked
    1,959
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Trust your gut instincts Gingermillie. My DD's sleeping patterns sound almost identical to your DD's and my DD has three very large solid meals a day. Her dinner is often bigger than mine!!! And she still wakes every 2-3 hrs and wants boobie. Solids shmoids is all I have to say. Didn't make a scrap of difference for us. We are also working on ways to resettle during the night without feeding. Have no magical solution yet...

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

    gingermillie  (13-02-2016)

  5. #33
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8,395
    Thanks
    5,947
    Thanked
    4,952
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Hey Hun, how was your first night home?

    If you're still finding no improvements I highly recommend the paediatric sleep psychologists in Kensington - Sarah Blunden is the head consultant and she has another colleague who I saw.

    They use more gentle methods as they don't believe in controlled crying or cry it out, which I know you want to avoid

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

    gingermillie  (13-02-2016)

  7. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    3,425
    Thanks
    4,500
    Thanked
    3,390
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Hey Hun, how was your first night home?

    If you're still finding no improvements I highly recommend the paediatric sleep psychologists in Kensington - Sarah Blunden is the head consultant and she has another colleague who I saw.

    They use more gentle methods as they don't believe in controlled crying or cry it out, which I know you want to avoid
    So our last night there was great. She went to sleep by 8 woke around 12 but put herself straight back to sleep then woke and fed at 2:30 and woke at 7!
    Then yesterday we stayed there til after her first nap and the day was great. Put her to bed at 7:30 and the night was crap. Woke at 8:30, 11 - wouldn't go back to sleep for ages, woke 2:30 fed (and wide awake when I put her back in bed), 6:40am fed and fell back to sleep til 8:30. So there goes the routine for today as they said she must always get up at 7 no matter what happens during the night. I just can't get out of the mindset that if she's tired let her sleep. Plus we have swimming lesson this morning so I'd rather she wasn't tired before that.
    I don't understand why she was unsettled early in the night and so wakeful 😴 she was fine at sleep school!!
    Thanks for the recommendation I had heard of Sarah blunden before might be an option.
    She's always been fussy and sensitive. The sleep problems started exactly when we moved her from the spare room into her bedroom before xmas (probably just a coincidence but never know). We're going to try her back in the other room today and see if that helps. It's possible she just doesn't feel safe and settled in here (even though I sleep in here most of the time).

  8. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    3,425
    Thanks
    4,500
    Thanked
    3,390
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Waggers70 View Post
    I never took DS to sleep school but I share your exhaustion pain. DS never slept for more than 3 hours in a row until about 9 months, and didn't sleep thru the night until about 3 years. His bedtimes varied from 8:30 to 11pm, and wake ups from 7 to 8 am. If he had a day sleep he could stay awake until midnight. I went back to work when he was 5 months old. The sleep deprivation was insane. I still don't know how I functioned.
    Good luck!
    Yes I'm back at work this week only 11 hours but no idea how to get my brain there ☹

  9. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,672
    Thanks
    3,286
    Thanked
    1,959
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Yes I'm back at work this week only 11 hours but no idea how to get my brain there ☹
    Has your DD started daycare yet? Work might be a pleasant change. My DD started last week and I have to say that I enjoyed her being there more than I'd like to admit... I found it quite recharging.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

    gingermillie  (13-02-2016),wobbleyhorse  (13-02-2016)

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,051
    Thanks
    1,263
    Thanked
    512
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Has your DD started daycare yet? Work might be a pleasant change. My DD started last week and I have to say that I enjoyed her being there more than I'd like to admit... I found it quite recharging.
    Yep - I feel quite free after I've dropped DD off at daycare. I've found even after a terrible night I don't struggle as much at work as I do if I'm at home with the kids.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

    gingermillie  (13-02-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Save our sleep-toddler sleep
    By loulou21 in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2015, 07:13
  2. Sleep School - how long for improvement?
    By Cue in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-10-2015, 21:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Heinz Baby BasicsOur BPA Free range offers you a choice for every stage of your baby’s feeding development. You’ll love our ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Anyone have kids with NF1?General Child Health Issues
❤Joyous June/July TTC!❤Conception & Fertility General Chat
OhssIVF
Help with BBT chartConception & Fertility General Chat
Which hospital Liverpool or st George privatePregnancy & Birth General Chat
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›