Closed Thread
Page 98 of 101 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    I went for an echocardiogram to see if I had a small hole in my heart to explain the odd visual migraines I get. The sonographer told me that I had a bicuspid aortic valve, but no hole in my heart. I googled it and freaked out. It can have some pretty serious complications including early valve replacement. I eventually got back in to see the doctor and was much reassured.

What is something that you've recently delayed making a decision on?
    Derailing here, but can you please elaborate on your visual migraines? I get those, too. I once looked up my symptoms and they match something called Ocular migraines, where it's suddenly like a thousand camera flashes go off in front of my eyes and I'm basically blinded by weird, spinning shapes and it feels like I've been staring at the sun, it's so scary. Never heard anything about a connection with the heart and have had these types of migraines since my early teens. I've always just dealt with them on my own because no one understood when I tried explaining, one doctor told me it was just anxiety years ago. I thought I was going insane and was so frustrated and scared but was made to feel like I was imagining things! I was so relieved to finally discover that what I have is an actual thing, not my imagination and very real. I self diagnosed in the end which I know you shouldn't do, but I read so much about the condition and it's exactly what I have. It was like it was written about me and my experiences.
    Is this similar to what you have?
    Again, I digress..sorry for the novel.

ETA- do yours start off with a "blind spot" in your vision? I notice that mine do, for eg I'll be reading something and suddenly I can't see half of the word. Then I see a spark in my vision, like what happens when a camera flash goes off in front of your eyes.. It progresses to the point where my entire vision is affected, within about 10 minutes I can't see and start feeling sick. Sometimes there's not even an actual headache. It knocks me about so much, I'm pretty much bed bound for the rest of the day and have to sleep it off, it's horrid. Thankfully mine only occur a few times a year or less and I've figured out that they're possibly hormone related as they are always full on and frequent after I give birth and during the first few months after that.
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 14-04-2016 at 11:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Derailing here, but can you please elaborate on your visual migraines? I get those, too. I once looked up my symptoms and they match something called Ocular migraines, where it's suddenly like a thousand camera flashes go off in front of my eyes and I'm basically blinded by weird, spinning shapes and it feels like I've been staring at the sun, it's so scary. Never heard anything about a connection with the heart and have had these types of migraines since my early teens. I've always just dealt with them on my own because no one understood when I tried explaining, one doctor told me it was just anxiety years ago. I thought I was going insane and was so frustrated and scared but was made to feel like I was imagining things! I was so relieved to finally discover that what I have is an actual thing, not my imagination and very real. I self diagnosed in the end which I know you shouldn't do, but I read so much about the condition and it's exactly what I have. It was like it was written about me and my experiences.
    Is this similar to what you have?
    Again, I digress..sorry for the novel.
    Can I PM you? It might take a bit of explaining.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (14-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    Can I PM you? It might take a bit of explaining.
    Yes absolutely. I've also added a bit more info to my previous post. Thanks. I've never met anyone else who suffers this, it's really hard to explain to people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll answer your question, lol...because I've completely sent the thread off track, sorry. Gee, I can harp on 😳

Pet peeve at the moment is DH playing a game on his phone with the volume right up. It sounds like rapid gunfire, I don't even know what the game is exactly, but he insists he "needs" the volume to play it. Even if he's in another room playing it it can still be heard.

What is your favourite restaurant?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Cafe Sydney or pilu freshwater

What is your guilty pleasure?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Who magazine. I love it so.

What is some good news you've received lately?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum's cancer is stable :-)

What are your plans for tonight ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    'Picnic' dinner in the lounge while watching The Help, we recorded it last night.

What is your favourite drink?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Icy cold water with a wedge of lemon or lime

What is your next holiday?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cairns 2018. Without the kids!!! Dh and I keep talking about it all the time- it's our little piece of paradise. Dd2 will be off the boob then

What is your least favourite chore?