+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Have You Had a False Negative followed by a BFP?

Hi everyone ... this is my first post after a very long time away. To be honest, I never thought I would be back on this forum! Figured my baby making days were behind me...

So - i'm 43, have a 7 year old DD and think i'm pregnant. My cycle is usually between 24-28 days and I am no 2 weeks overdue. Based on the BubHub calculator I would be five weeks pregnant.

I did a test yesterday around lunchtime and it was negative. But I remember the same thing happening with DD the first time I tested, so i'm aware that it could turn into a BFP.

Do I feel pregnant ... yes - but different to how I felt with DD.

My BBs are not sore but I heard that with a second pregnancy they don't necessarily get sore, they are bigger though and I can see the blue veins.

As for the other symptoms, i've had a headache for about 3 days either side of my temples, my lower back is really sore and has been for about 3 days as well, I am SO bloated that I look about 12 weeks pregnant. Sorry for TMI but when i went to the loo and wiped there was the slightest pink yesterday which made me think my AF was on the way but today - nothing, just like when I was UTD with DD. Today i've had some nausea and my sense of smell seems to have increased. Last thing is that I have been going to bed much earlier and feeling tired during the day, nothing like the exhaustion I felt with DD but then again I can't remember if I got more exhausted the further into my 1st Trimester I went.

I'd love to hear from others who have a BFN at five weeks with UTD symptoms and then went on to have a BFP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's okay - I went and found a thread discussing this and got all the info I need. The answer is yes, this has happened to many people. I guess i'll be back when and if I get a BFP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Glad you have found some info. I'm 40 and I've been having some funny cycle things happen lately, especially random spotting about 5 days before AF arrives. I had one cycle where, if it weren't for the fact that DH was away at ov time, I had so many pregnancy symptoms. I think it might be the beginning of perimenopause mucking around with my hormones. If you have had the opportunity to get preg and it would be a welcome surprise, then good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update on this thread. I was indeed pregnant and had a miscarriage, I ended up at the doctor having bloods and they called to say expect a miscarriage because my hormones do support pregnancy were way too low but did indicate pregnancy.