+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Cos last time I checked babies don't actually read books nor do they author them

It kinda makes life more interesting doesn't it? When they surprise you with a curve ball?
    And this is exactly why I haven't read one, that and the fact I haven't slept a full night since I was 4 months pregnant haha

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin275 For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Cos last time I checked babies don't actually read books nor do they author them

It kinda makes life more interesting doesn't it? When they surprise you with a curve ball?
    We wouldn't have anything to talk about as well!

And no reason for wine. Mmmmm.. wine. Cannot wait for a teeny little glass after bub is born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post
    And this is exactly why I haven't read one, that and the fact I haven't slept a full night since I was 4 months pregnant haha

Maybe you need to go out with a fellow hubber and get your wine on

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

munchkin275  (29-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    We wouldn't have anything to talk about as well!

And no reason for wine. Mmmmm.. wine. Cannot wait for a teeny little glass after bub is born.
    Dudette! We could talk about far more interesting topics... like wine? Or what wine goes with what food?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Or where to go for our dream wine tours.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post

The last time I had a good night's sleep was the night before I went into labor with DS. I remember it so well because I had pregnancy insomnia with him as well. It was like my body decided to give me a tiny reprieve before it sent me on the ride of my life.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

munchkin275  (29-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What I wouldn't give for a nice glass of wine. Or a g&t.

The other night DH decided to get experimental and made a latte martini in front of me, I was like 'dude. You are cruel.'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Not sleeping and not coping- help

Why do our children test us so much and not fit into a sleep book guide/theory. Just one. Any one. At least we can follow a guide. Not just have kids/babies that do whatever and don't fit anywhere because they keep changing lol.
    A good sleep book has a bunch of ideas that you can fit into your parenting toolkit and draw out as needed. The more books - or the more you consult others with a wife range of views, the bigger your toolkit. There's no set prescription unfortunately it's up to parent to analyse a situation and draw on their toolkit to respond accordingly. The bigger the toolkit the quicker it *can* be to pinpoint an issue and respond accordingly. The smaller a parents toolkit (eg by refusing to read anything or genuinely consult and swap ideas with others - not saying that's what you've done at all) the more difficult it *can* be. It's not easy by any means - it can be very difficult when you have other things on your plate (other kids to look after etc). A one stop prescription would if course be nice ....
    Last edited by VicPark; 19-02-2016 at 05:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    What I wouldn't give for a nice glass of wine. Or a g&t.

The other night DH decided to get experimental and made a latte martini in front of me, I was like 'dude. You are cruel.'
    At least my DH has been pretty much drinking beer (some scotch here and there). If he started drinking wine again I would cry!

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    A good sleep book has a bunch of ideas that you can fit into your parenting toolkit and draw out as needed. The more books - or the more you consult others with a wife range of views, the bigger your toolkit. There's no set prescription unfortunately it's up to parent to analyse a situation and draw on their toolkit to respond accordingly. The bigger the toolkit the quicker it *can* be to pinpoint an issue and respond accordingly. The smaller a parents toolkit (eg by refusing to read anything or genuinely consult and swap ideas with others - not saying that's what you've done at all) the more difficult it *can* be. It's not easy by any means - it can be very difficult when you have other things on your plate (other kids to look after etc). A one stop prescription would if course be nice ....
    I was kidding lol.

But in all seriousness once I read sleeping like a baby and read that my baby is normal for waking, wanting comfort from me/DH by sleeping nearby, feeding to sleep is normal etc etc - well that was the book for me.

I relaxed and went with it after that.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (19-02-2016),HollyGolightly81  (19-02-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    At least my DH has been pretty much drinking beer (some scotch here and there). If he started drinking wine again I would cry!

I was kidding lol.

But in all seriousness once I read sleeping like a baby and read that my baby is normal for waking, wanting comfort from me/DH by sleeping nearby, feeding to sleep is normal etc etc - well that was the book for me.

I relaxed and went with it after that.
    Haha! I think he realized it was pretty mean! He's been mostly sticking to beer or a cheap bottle of red or the occasional whiskey, under strict instructions to not open any nice bottles!