+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default February Weight Loss Challenge

B- 2x Vita Brits with skim milk & honey

MT- half of a bacon & cheese roll, shared with DS1 whilst walking thru Coles. Lucky I only had half, because it was 300 cals per roll!

L- basic caesar salad

AT- skinny cow choc I/cream cup

dinner- honey Soy chicken and root vegetables

3l of water
    10000 steps but no extra exercise, though I did clean the house pretty thoroughly.

1020 cals for the day.

I was 500 g down this morning from yesterday , yes I know, you're not supposed to weigh yourself every day, but I do 🙊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi ladies, those who work out first thing in the morning, what do you eat before your workout? I got up at 5am this morning to go to the gym so had a couple of tablespoons of Greek yogurt, a handful of blueberries and some granola on top. Then had veggies and 1 scrambled egg when I got home. This seemed to be ok, it wasn't too much yogurt to make me feel sick but just wondering what others have? I try to avoid refined grains so that rules toast or weetbix out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Hi ladies, those who work out first thing in the morning, what do you eat before your workout? I got up at 5am this morning to go to the gym so had a couple of tablespoons of Greek yogurt, a handful of blueberries and some granola on top. Then had veggies and 1 scrambled egg when I got home. This seemed to be ok, it wasn't too much yogurt to make me feel sick but just wondering what others have? I try to avoid refined grains so that rules toast or weetbix out.
    I can only work out at 6am. But I never eat before I go to the gym at that time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Down 1kg in 2 days. It definitely helps me stay on track when I'm seeing those numbers change on the scales!

Mothers group this morning. I'm sure there will be sweets.

Do you guys indulge a little or do you flat out avoid all sweet/sugary foods?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemysons For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a small (100-200mls) of juice. Gets that yucky taste out of my mouth, and takes away that morning nausea without sloshing around in my stomach whilst working out. Also gives me a little sugar hit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemysons View Post
    Indulge a little. For me it's a lifestyle change not a quick fix 6 week diet or something.

So I'm absolutely going to have a slice of cake at someone's birthday, have 3 cocktails at a party, get a delicious burger and chips when I want one - I don't see the point in being skinny and miserable because I'm missing out on treats.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alliecat89 For This Useful Post:

Lovemysons  (04-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a banana protein smoothie about 1.5 hours before training. Buy yourself a great quality 100% whey protein powder and have a half smoothie with some almond milk. It'll give you some fuel pre workout and then you can have your breakfast after it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default February Weight Loss Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemysons View Post
    I indulge very little once or twice a week. For example yesterday I had a bit of chocolate. Not half a block. Just 6 squares and that was enough.
    Last week I was dying for a hamburger! It has been weeks I was craving one so I gave in. But instead of getting it with the lot and a side of chips, I got one with egg and ditched the chips.

Well done on your weight loss!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

Lovemysons  (04-02-2016)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I usually don't eat until after I have been to the gym. I have sometimes just grabbed a banana on the way out. I feel fine to do my exercise with out food, I can eat pretty much as soon as I have finished the workout. I make sure I do have water before and during the exercise. Friday is my usual weigh in day, but today I am happy with my progress. I will share tomorrow. maire.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialK View Post
    @Moxy, are you on FB?
    There is a great support page for 5:2
    (The 5:2 Diet Australia).
    No, took myself off last year. Feeling back on track though 👍

I never eat before a workout, makes me feel heavy and a bit sick. I go to the gym at 5.30am on weekdays and usually start my Saturday workout at around 7 or 8. I like a really big breakfast though so I'd rather wait until after I've finished.