Closed Thread
Page 16 of 123 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to share, and ask some advice....
    Last night I had dinner with 2 high school girlfriends, one of who is now pregnant after 10 years trying with her own eggs via ivf, on her first donor egg ivf. Bam. Just like that. She'd never even been pregnant in like 12 cycles!
    The other friend is pregnant after 2 years of ivf, falling naturally after her 6th go. Lucky ladies! We're all turning 42 this year. And then there's me doing first donor cycle in May with KED.
    The thing is both of them have done PGD testing in the past and asked why I wasn't considering it? I don't know? I didn't have a good answer. Since we're only allowed single transfers what if we only get a couple of embryos and we don't transfer 'the good one' till the third try? Obviously due to my age and with own eggs only have max 2 morulas on day 5, other than the one time I got a blast, no one ever recommend PGD to me. But maybe I should consider it, it would mean a frozen transfer instead of fresh, and the success rates for that are on par I think.
    Does Wazza recommend it for donor cycles?
    What do you guys think???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thats worth discussing with Warren @MamaKes even if the discussion just puts your mind at ease. I honestly don't know too much about the donor cycles but I know the pgd testing will put added cost on your cycle (probably not a lot when in comparison your donor egg cycle) but maybe hes trying to cut out that extra unessental cost when you will be using a donor who should in theory be an ideal candidate. Maybe more girls on here can shed more light?

I sae Warren this morning for a scan, he really is a miracle man, normally at this stage of an fet my lining is still struggling. Today is measuring between 7.6 and 8.2, he said in theory we could transfer now but he wants to give it a little longer to get 'fuller'. He has increased my fsh to 125 and increased my estrogen gel and then I see him Thursday. So so happy 😊.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (21-02-2016),Gagingi  (21-02-2016),MamaKes  (24-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No worries @Charlie74, I have had problems in the past too thats why I am so happy with the improvement. He has had me on trental and nitrodur patches since the beginning of this cycle to improve my blood flow. I have also been on 1 ethinyl estradiol tablet (later increased to 2), 2 sandrena gels (later increased to 4 and now 6) and two estrogen patches (increased to 4). Alongside this I am on fsh to improve my natural estrogen, if I have follicles which I have developed on Thursday he will trigger an ovulation but thats not essential as I will be on progesterone support.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (21-02-2016),Chyna  (21-02-2016),Gagingi  (21-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @MamaKes - you could have 3-day PGD and then do a fresh transfer. It costs $3060 for up to 4 embies (and then extra for each additional embie). Embies are more vulnerable at that stage as you are taking 1-2 cells out of a 6-10 cell embie (so pretty tough on them), plus some won't make to day 5. If you do 5-day PGD that will be $700/embie and then it won't be fresh transfer. I think when it is own eggs that there are some benefits to a FET (i.e. get rid of stimming drugs), but I'd have thought for a DE they'd want to try a fresh as that is lowest risk (e.g. I think it is 30% of embryos that don't defrost satisfactorily).

I'd say it is weighing up the risk for the pregnancy (which I believe would be the same as that of a women the age of the donor - e.g. miscarriage and abnormal embie) vs cost ($ and emotional) of failed implantation and repeated FETS. Maybe check what percentage of embies would be normal/abnormal for a woman of your donor's age? You could also transfer a PGD normal and it won't take...

I imagine Wazza is trying to save money and interfere as little as possible with the embies as he usually only does what is necessary.

Maybe ask for more opinions on the 40-plus thread as a few girls there have done DE and some have also done PGD, whilst others haven't.

I'd also ask Wazza. Good luck hun.
    Last edited by Gagingi; 21-02-2016 at 01:30.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (24-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little2 View Post
    Yes, apt with Warren was overwhelming particularly because I usually always err on the side of naturalness and of course Warren throws everything at you to give you the best shot! But I really liked him, he certainly put me at ease, made me crack up laughing, etc.

I feel quite anxious about taking so many medications and I'm worried how I'll cope. I have pco and endometriosis and Warren suggests Diatex I think it was..? I think that's metmorfin? Has anybody else taken this. It concerns me as even thought I have pco I don't have some of the other side effects (ie. not overweight; no acne; periods between 4-6 weeks normally). I'm scared about the side effects of it lowering my sugars too low..!

Anybody been on diatex/metmorfin that sounds similar to me?
    @Little2 I'm on Diabex too, plus Wazza's Magic pharmacy. It doesn't make me feel great, but I figure it's worth it and we are getting better embies. I have endo/Aden/PCOS, but no PCOS symptoms - I've only put on weight since IVF, no acne, perfect 28-day cycle, sugars good etc. If you cycle is 4-6 weeks then I'd have thought that would mean you have PCOS, rather than PCO... (maybe check with Wazza?).

Anyhow, I found as long as I built up Diabex as Wazza instructed (15 times ) that I didn't get sick from it. I don't eat many carbs and have only just started having some on hand in case I feel a bit off. I'm not sure if I feel off from Diabex or something else, but did feel yuck starting out on his list and also with TWW protocol. Maybe keep jelly babies on hand or toast if you are worried? What dose are you on?
    Last edited by Gagingi; 21-02-2016 at 01:31.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (21-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    Thats worth discussing with Warren @MamaKes even if the discussion just puts your mind at ease. I honestly don't know too much about the donor cycles but I know the pgd testing will put added cost on your cycle (probably not a lot when in comparison your donor egg cycle) but maybe hes trying to cut out that extra unessental cost when you will be using a donor who should in theory be an ideal candidate. Maybe more girls on here can shed more light?

I sae Warren this morning for a scan, he really is a miracle man, normally at this stage of an fet my lining is still struggling. Today is measuring between 7.6 and 8.2, he said in theory we could transfer now but he wants to give it a little longer to get 'fuller'. He has increased my fsh to 125 and increased my estrogen gel and then I see him Thursday. So so happy 😊.
    @Heyside that's awesome news honey. Bet you were stoked. Fx it's all going to happen for you soon xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinachris View Post
    @Chyna make sure you relax! I think I'm gonna get a cheapie shopping center massage tomorrow .. Calm before the hormonal storm
    @Tinachris How was you massage hun?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chyna For This Useful Post:

Tinachris  (21-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I nearly fell asleep! $17 for 45 mins of pure relaxing bliss. I only just started remembering to use my ph card at these places!! Such an idiot!! Lol how was your pulled pork?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

Chyna  (21-02-2016),Gagingi  (21-02-2016),Heyside  (21-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I think it did on one awful cycle @charli74, we were doing ovulation induction for an FET and my follicles weren't responding at all and my lining reduced although not much was happening anyway. We thought we rescued the cycle by increasing the FSH but then my Fs lost track of ovulation and he presumed I had ovulated early as my lh spiked.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (21-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Just wondering if Wazza has spoken to any of you about Braverman and his protocols for recurrent miscarriage?