+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Uncanny children's intuition- Are they psychic?

Does anyone believe that children have a sixth sense?

I am 26 weeks pregnant with my 1st and don't know the gender of the baby, we have decided to wait till the big day. I work in a Childcare centre and was chatting with a 4yo when one of my colleagues told her I have a baby in my tummy and need to name it. She asked the little girl what I should name it and she looked at me and said "ummm Rose!" I was so shocked because this is the name that DH and I are set on for a girl!! However I think it's a boy. I said to her "what did you say?!" And again she said "yep, Rose". I couldn't believe it and neither could my colleague as she knew this was a name I wanted. I hadnt discussed the name with many other people and certainly not in front of any of the children. I told the mum who was also shocked and said her daughter doesn't know anyone called Rose!! I'm due in April so will find out then but if she's right I think her mum should get her to pick her lotto numbers lol.

Also, one of my colleagues had a baby in nov and when she was first pregnant, she had 3 children from work (2 and a half year olds) tell her she was pregnant with a baby girl, even though she had just found out she was expecting and hadn't told anyone. She thought she was having a boy despite what the children said and ended up having a girl! One of those 3 children also told me today that I have a baby girl and touched my tummy.

Could it be coincidence or do children have something we don't?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Keep us informed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think they do. When I was pregnant with dd3, dd1 was adamant it was a girl, even from early on. When we mentioned the possibility of a boy, she flat said no its a girl and her name is Emily. She knew I was pregnant with dd4 and this one before I did (in fact her saying "mummy are you having another baby" is what made me test!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well... I had a boy! Lol

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bublt22 For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (02-07-2016),ElizaDoLittle  (02-07-2016),Mod-Degrassi  (03-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts