+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,750
    Thanks
    1,748
    Thanked
    2,526
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wait to see the paed, but it sounds like they might recommend something like AllerPro. Both my kids were CMPI babies, DD needed Neocate and DS did well on AllerPro. Honestly, it was much easier having the prescription formula as our pharmacy would just order it whenever we needed it. AllerPro has been a pain, it's really hard to get at the moment (although I do see stage 1 on the shelf occasionally). Most pharmacies only allow you to buy one or two tins at a time. Many times I have had to call several pharmacies and still had no luck getting it. I've often had to arrange to get some from a place 3hrs away.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,545
    Thanks
    308
    Thanked
    1,190
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OK. saw the paed. Stool test will be performed to rule out virus or bacteria infection. This is related to his recent frequent poop episode. As for formula, he recommended Nan HA or karicare aptamil alpha(?). He puts a question at the alpha...so i don't know what it is! Anyone has any idea?

    I am not sure i want to go with Nan given that bub has so much trouble with nan comfort.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,545
    Thanks
    308
    Thanked
    1,190
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OK...i only find aptamil HA gold. Is this one hard to find at the local store? Hmmm...what's the difference between aptamil HA gold and allepro?
    Last edited by bbhope; 15-01-2016 at 20:05.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    537
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked
    178
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    OK...i only find aptamil HA gold. Is this one hard to find at the local store? Hmmm...what's the difference between aptamil HA gold and allepro?
    Allerpro is extensively hydrolysed. So the cows milk protein is very broken down like a prescription formula. The HA is hypoallergenic and just broken down a bit more than normal formula.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,545
    Thanks
    308
    Thanked
    1,190
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So should i try allepro or HA?

    Pead said if no improvement, neocate will be next. Some babies don't like allepro as i heard.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,160
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked
    3,397
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Personally I think you go on your paeds advice. Perhaps call and clarify what they meant by the ?.
    That way you've gone along the course of action.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    537
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked
    178
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Personally I think you go on your paeds advice. Perhaps call and clarify what they meant by the ?.
    That way you've gone along the course of action.
    Yep this.

    And in my experience bubs never like any of the hydrolysed formulas (so the prescription ones like neocate included). They all taste gross.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    791
    Thanks
    669
    Thanked
    368
    Reviews
    11
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    Wait to see the paed, but it sounds like they might recommend something like AllerPro. Both my kids were CMPI babies, DD needed Neocate and DS did well on AllerPro. Honestly, it was much easier having the prescription formula as our pharmacy would just order it whenever we needed it. AllerPro has been a pain, it's really hard to get at the moment (although I do see stage 1 on the shelf occasionally). Most pharmacies only allow you to buy one or two tins at a time. Many times I have had to call several pharmacies and still had no luck getting it. I've often had to arrange to get some from a place 3hrs away.
    This is what worries me. I would happily switch my ds to allerpro rather than go dairy and egg free for months but I don't want to risk getting him on a particular formula only to find I can't get hold of it. I guess the fact he doesn't like it at the moment has made the decision easier!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,545
    Thanks
    308
    Thanked
    1,190
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I went to several pharmacies and grocery stores nearby yesterday just to have a check and see if it is very difficult to get allerpro and the aptamil HA. Well, one pharmacy has allerpro, the other one has HA but they will only get 3 tins in each time. Woollies always runs out of the HA for whatever reason. Or it has been cleared up every time they have new stocks. I have observed that for a few weeks now. I am not keen on nan HA because the iron content is a lot higher which DS has a history of constipation.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,545
    Thanks
    308
    Thanked
    1,190
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I started DS on aptamil HA. He has been screaming for food between 2.5--3hrs. Is this normal for using this formula? He normally can go without food for 4 hrs with Nan comfort.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Cervical mucus
    By MrsMummaButterfly in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-08-2015, 07:18
  2. Mucus plug- tmi
    By maternidade in forum Birth & Labour Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-08-2015, 09:59
  3. Lost Mucus plug at 32 weeks
    By GothicBeeza in forum Third Trimester Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 17-08-2015, 18:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Sudocrem / InfacolSudocrem® is a soothing emollient cream which aids and assists in the management of nappy rash. Sudocrem® is used to ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›