+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Officeworks *Vent!*

I don't know what to do!

I am a total stationery nerd and I have done up my office using these folders:

Bantex Files.jpg

I went in to my local Officeworks to purchase more - I need 20 files in various colours, and they didn't have them. I find out they are clearance stock and I can't buy them online either. None of my local stores in QLD have them.

I've called head office and they do have stock in various stores in Sydney, but they do not sent stock inter-store, they do not have credit card over the phone, they won't send stock back to the online warehouse and the only thing they suggested was that I "find someone" who can go into the store locally and buy them for me and post them to me. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Are we in the 21st century or not? They have a product, I have a credit card, there are postal services that go from state to state, and I am prepared to pay extra for it to happen - and there is no way they can help me! What is wrong with businesses today that don't want to help their customers. I am a total stationery nerd and it is killing me that I can't get these 20 folders to complete my office - but they are in stock. So close but so far! I have so far spent about four hours on the phone to various outlets trying to find them and have abused Officeworks head office. Pleaded with staff, begged, cajoled, and lost it to no avail.

I want my folders!
    Last edited by Summer; 14-01-2016 at 14:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How much of a stationery nerd are you? Would you consider a trip to Sydney just to pick up said folders?😁

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amber4304 For This Useful Post:

mmaf  (14-01-2016),Summer  (14-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL, almost!! At this stage I can't find one store that has all four colours, so that's my first step. Once I have that then I'll try and figure out what comes next!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm heading to a large, Victorian regional centre on Tuesday love. I'll have a look for you and see if they have any there. Do you want to PM me your mobile number, and if I find any I can sms a picture to confirm. If I am lucky enough to find some, we can deal with shipment issues afterwards I'll do my best!

Blossom

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (15-01-2016),Summer  (14-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Which stores in Sydney have them?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Summer  (14-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If Penrith store have them I'm happy to mail them to you

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

Summer  (14-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Just*Ace View Post
    If Penrith store have them I'm happy to mail them to you
    I'd be happy to do the same. I'm in Bathurst & we just had an Officeworks open up recently

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Shells85 For This Useful Post:

Summer  (14-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You guys are awesome! Let me do some ringing around to see if any of your locals actually have them. OMG this is a mission, if only I wasn't a stubborn, persistent, Taurean who MUST have matching folders, lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    I don't know what to do!

I am a total stationery nerd and I have done up my office using these folders:

Attachment 77468

I went in to my local Officeworks to purchase more - I need 20 files in various colours, and they didn't have them. I find out they are clearance stock and I can't buy them online either. None of my local stores in QLD have them.

I've called head office and they do have stock in various stores in Sydney, but they do not sent stock inter-store, they do not have credit card over the phone, they won't send stock back to the online warehouse and the only thing they suggested was that I "find someone" who can go into the store locally and buy them for me and post them to me. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Are we in the 21st century or not? They have a product, I have a credit card, there are postal services that go from state to state, and I am prepared to pay extra for it to happen - and there is no way they can help me! What is wrong with businesses today that don't want to help their customers. I am a total stationery nerd and it is killing me that I can't get these 20 folders to complete my office - but they are in stock. So close but so far! I have so far spent about four hours on the phone to various outlets trying to find them and have abused Officeworks head office. Pleaded with staff, begged, cajoled, and lost it to no avail.

I want my folders!
    So let me get this right, you abused a staff member in head office because they were unable to get you some folders and have also lost it with other staff at other stores because they couldn't help you either. Please remember that the person you are abusing doesn't make the rules and I'm sure if they could help you they would. They have procedures they have to follow and rules they have to abide by and don't deserve to get abused by anyone over some folders. As someone who works in retail I cop this type of abuse regularly and it's never ok. Please put yourself in their shoes, would you like to get abused in your job for something that is out of your control.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angels4me For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (14-01-2016),VicPark  (14-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Angels4me View Post
    So let me get this right, you abused a staff member in head office because they were unable to get you some folders and have also lost it with other staff at other stores because they couldn't help you either. Please remember that the person you are abusing doesn't make the rules and I'm sure if they could help you they would. They have procedures they have to follow and rules they have to abide by and don't deserve to get abused by anyone over some folders. As someone who works in retail I cop this type of abuse regularly and it's never ok. Please put yourself in their shoes, would you like to get abused in your job for something that is out of your control.
    Sorry, "abuse" and "lost it" was tongue-in-cheek - I was having a vent! I'm not an abusive person, just frustrated with the fact that the stock is sitting there and I can't get them!
    Last edited by Summer; 14-01-2016 at 16:09.