+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Found out today

Hi all, am completely new here began lurking for a while, trying to soak in heaps of info when I found out I was pregnant. Found out today after a second blood test that my hcg dropped from 27 to 8 in two days. Started bleeding this arvo... My partner and I are devastated. My main feeling is anger (I only just turned 30, so I thought I was at a lower likelihood for this to happen, so I guess the naïve/ignorant "why me" feeling is there...)

I am terrified to try again even though I really want a baby. I had only just come off the pill when I fell pregnant immediately (was on and off for a few years). I suffer from anxiety and take medication, so hoping I can get through this.

Any kind words or advice for the next pregnancy after a miss will be so appreciated.

Thank you
    Kim

Thanks
    Reviews
    No advice, but big hugs. TTC can be such a roller coaster. Hang in there. Xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So sorry to hear about your loss. Take it easy & take care of yourself. My only advice would be wait a couple of cycles (i personally waited two) until you are physically and emotionally ready to think sbout TTC again. When I had a mc,my dr told me it wasnt because of anything I did wrong. I found it comforting to know I couldnt have prevented it in any way. Allow yourself to grieve,it's a tough time xxx

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.
    Please take only good care of yourselves xxx

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Go gently and take your time, you're going to feel the whole process of grief and have so many questions as to why it happened /why me etc.
    Going from the elation of carrying a baby (no matter how early on) to suddenly having that just disappear is terribly hard.
    I'm very sorry for your loss xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all so much it's nice to hear from others as it's a lonely feeling! Last night I lay in bed feeling so distressed that I honestly thought, I'm not going to bother again, because the risk of losing one again is too sad... I'll just get a puppy but today I woke up and it dawned on me that this is part of life and the journey, so I'm gonna keep trying