+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    3,165
    Thanks
    2,773
    Thanked
    2,283
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We had the same experience. I took my DS (4 1/2) and the actual movie was fine. The short before hand had him flip over, shriek and bury his face into the chair. I find pg is a very broad category and some stuff is fine, others completely inappropriate.
    Once he had calmed down, I did find that short useful to explain a little about religion and how people see gods etc. but yeah- it was too full on and should have had a warning.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

    A-Squared  (13-01-2016)

  3. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,977
    Thanks
    3,835
    Thanked
    2,192
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    So last week I took DD (4 in March) to see the good dinosaur at the Cinemas. It was her first time and she loved it.

    But prior to the movie they played a short mini movie, which was a cartoon but it was very loud and scary (a boy trying to defeat 3 loud and scary characters who were flying around and producing smoke and clearly upsetting and scaring the little boy (character) in the movie), definitely not appropriate for a 3 year old. Coincidentally DD has started having nightmares since that day.

    The movie was rated G and the shorts for the movie showed it was suitable for my DD but the mini movie beforehand would have been PG rated and I believe I inappropriate for a 3 (almost 4) year old.

    So 1. Do you think it's inappropriate to show something scary for 5 minute prior to a G rated kids cartoon?

    And 2. Would you complain to the cinema?

    I just don't see why they had to play it before the movie. It wasn't a movie preview, it wasn't dinosaur related, it was totally random.
    The movie is rated PG, not G, and comes with the consumer advice that 'Mild themes and threat, some scenes may scare young children'

    http://www.classification.gov.au/Pag...GpRb1R7g%3D%3D

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

    A-Squared  (13-01-2016)

  5. #23
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8,396
    Thanks
    5,947
    Thanked
    4,955
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    The movie is rated PG, not G, and comes with the consumer advice that 'Mild themes and threat, some scenes may scare young children'

    http://www.classification.gov.au/Pag...GpRb1R7g%3D%3D
    Thanks everyone. It looks like I need to put a complaint into myself for not being diligent enough to look into it. I swear it was G though. DD said she wanted to see it, I thought it was G and a friend said her son (who is very sensitive) saw it with his dad and was bored by it.

    DD was talking about going to the movies again to see Charlie Brown and the Peanuts movie, perhaps that would have been a better choice at the start.

    I'll definitely check the ratings better next time and the sores PPs have recommended.

    It took us until 10:30pm to get her to sleep last night. This from the kid who has consistently self settled and slept through the night since she was 12 months old. Poor thing is so clingy too. So we will just ride it out and as a PP said chalk it up to experience.

  6. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,732
    Thanks
    906
    Thanked
    2,838
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Thanks everyone. It looks like I need to put a complaint into myself for not being diligent enough to look into it. I swear it was G though. DD said she wanted to see it, I thought it was G and a friend said her son (who is very sensitive) saw it with his dad and was bored by it.

    DD was talking about going to the movies again to see Charlie Brown and the Peanuts movie, perhaps that would have been a better choice at the start.

    I'll definitely check the ratings better next time and the sores PPs have recommended.

    It took us until 10:30pm to get her to sleep last night. This from the kid who has consistently self settled and slept through the night since she was 12 months old. Poor thing is so clingy too. So we will just ride it out and as a PP said chalk it up to experience.
    We're going to see Peanuts today, I'll let you know how it is. Hopefully your DD recovers from it soon. I'm grateful my two seem to be over it but DS2 was really scared if the short and not really bothered by the film. DS1 has had a lot of questions about death since.....

    I actually cried at the end of it 😂

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

    A-Squared  (13-01-2016)

  8. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,508
    Thanks
    878
    Thanked
    1,137
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That short movie was terrifying! My kids 3 & 5 were so scared, and both were also a bit scared by The Good Dinosaur - no long lasting effects though thankfully.

    I hope your DD recovers from her fear quickly and enjoys the Peanut movie!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

    A-Squared  (13-01-2016)

  10. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,977
    Thanks
    3,835
    Thanked
    2,192
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Thanks everyone. It looks like I need to put a complaint into myself for not being diligent enough to look into it. I swear it was G though. DD said she wanted to see it, I thought it was G and a friend said her son (who is very sensitive) saw it with his dad and was bored by it.

    DD was talking about going to the movies again to see Charlie Brown and the Peanuts movie, perhaps that would have been a better choice at the start.

    I'll definitely check the ratings better next time and the sores PPs have recommended.

    It took us until 10:30pm to get her to sleep last night. This from the kid who has consistently self settled and slept through the night since she was 12 months old. Poor thing is so clingy too. So we will just ride it out and as a PP said chalk it up to experience.
    I hope she goes better tonight... It's an easy assumption to make, dinosaur cartoon = kids movie.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

    A-Squared  (13-01-2016)

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8,396
    Thanks
    5,947
    Thanked
    4,955
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    We're going to see Peanuts today, I'll let you know how it is. Hopefully your DD recovers from it soon. I'm grateful my two seem to be over it but DS2 was really scared if the short and not really bothered by the film. DS1 has had a lot of questions about death since.....

    I actually cried at the end of it 😂
    Thank you, that would be great.

    My DDs dream was "There was a rainbow phone with a button on it and daddy pushed the button twice and it went *plew* and then I was died!"

    For those who have seen the short and the film, would you say that's a combination of both?

    I cried at the end too! Haha

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    18,329
    Thanks
    1,453
    Thanked
    7,932
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I definitely think the short was more scary. I was with my friend and her 4 year old screamed at the beginning of the short but was fine throughout the movie.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

    A-Squared  (13-01-2016)

  15. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    18,329
    Thanks
    1,453
    Thanked
    7,932
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Thank you, that would be great.

    My DDs dream was "There was a rainbow phone with a button on it and daddy pushed the button twice and it went *plew* and then I was died!"

    For those who have seen the short and the film, would you say that's a combination of both?

    I cried at the end too! Haha
    I had tears when they were drawing their families and knocked over the dead ones

  16. #30
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    8,396
    Thanks
    5,947
    Thanked
    4,955
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I had tears when they were drawing their families and knocked over the dead ones
    Yes! That bit too! 😢


 

Similar Threads

  1. WWYD / WDYT - family situation
    By Tiny Dancer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 15-12-2015, 17:50
  2. Wwyd?
    By CMF in forum General Chat
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 14-09-2015, 15:45
  3. Wwyd?
    By SpecialPatrolGroup in forum General Chat
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 25-07-2015, 15:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
TreeHutVillageWe offer a secure, quick and easy way to hire and lend baby equipment. It directly connects families across Australia ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›