Closed Thread
Page 96 of 102 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you very much @Tahli! I've read your PM but have no idea how to respond directly to it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No probs @Rhino! Under the email there' a 'quick reply' text box with a repeat of the message that's above it. You just reply in that box and hit send. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Rhino and good luck. Yes it does seem that they are all smokers over there so I guess all you can do is go with the ones who 'say' they only have a couple a week - or the rare non smoker. Try to go with either a very young donor or a proven one would be my suggestion. Even with a proven donor I personally would not go over 28/29 years old. My donor was only 'proven' because she had a child of her own and I think that's not necessarily the best indication. They still had no way of knowing what her response would be to the meds, but she was quite young and she appealed to me for lots of other reasons so we went with her anyway and obviously I'm glad we did. We should have our twins in around 3 weeks time (thank God because I am over THIS). If you do go to CT and don't have success the first time around I would suggest either getting all the immune testing done, or if you have enough embies left, try going on prednisone, clexane and baby aspirin (basic immune protocol) and intralipids if you can get your hands on them. There is some speculation that high doses of fish oil can have similar benefits as intralipids - not proven, but then I'm not sure intralipids are proven either - so I went on mega doses of fish oil as well. My first cycle over there failed for no good reason, further blood tests indicated high anti nuclear antibodies (which supposedly shouldn't have affected a pregnancy) but they put me on the basic immune protocol anyway and BAM twins. After 17 unsuccessful embryos I might add. But... everyone is different. I highly recommend CFC. And this forum opened up my eyes to it also, so here I am. Just about to finish my journey yay

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (30-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @JulieMalooley! That's very helpful info!! I see you're from Redcliffe (we went there for our honeymoon)! Congratulations on your twins

I think I'll start increasing my fish oil now - am on very high quality ones already so may as well increase now! do you know how mega the dose of EPA/DHA from fish oil is required?

Thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Thank you @JulieMalooley! That's very helpful info!! I see you're from Redcliffe (we went there for our honeymoon)! Congratulations on your twins

I think I'll start increasing my fish oil now - am on very high quality ones already so may as well increase now! do you know how mega the dose of EPA/DHA from fish oil is required?

Thanks again
    I was on about 4000 and also on really good quality ones. None of the doctors were prepared to say if it helped and/or how much to take so I just went high. Another bonus is it thins your blood too which also helps.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (29-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome @Rhino.

You mentioned the World Egg Bank, so just letting you know that I believe that hasn't been very successful for people here and it's very expensive. I do know one person it's worked for but I've not heard of any others.

I agree with others that it's well worth having immune testing done. But, you'll probably need to find a FS here that actually believes in it.

I have a quick question for others here....Does anyone know if donors are tested for Cystic Fibrosis gene before donating? I'm assuming not, but obstetrician asked me about it today.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (28-04-2016),midnite01  (29-04-2016),Miss Sagi  (28-04-2016),Rhino  (29-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss erin, they have started testing for the common D508 gene in some of the agencies but its not standard as yet i dont think. In greece and spain i think it is tested for all donors and i think its quite thorough. I am a D508 carrier and my husband carries another less common one, it would not have been picked up had we not requested the full cf genes test-there are loads of them- here in Australia when we started ivf. We have to get our donor screened for all cf gene mutations because he is a carrier. It took about 7 weeks for the results and i think ot was around $400. CfC said if she had of turned out to be a carrier she would not have been allowed to donate to anyone again by law. Does your partner have the cf gene?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (29-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @JulieMalooley, thank u for the information and congratulations on your twins I am considering going to CFC for egg donor, but before reserving my donor that I like- I want to carry out immune testing first since reading on previous thread. I was wondering can FS here in Australia prescribe medication as advised by CFC? and also does CFC transplant 5 day embryos? Kind regards Avei
    Last edited by Aquinos77; 28-04-2016 at 22:40.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aquinos77 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (28-04-2016),Rhino  (29-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh miss erin i just read your little history thing at the bottom that says baby due oct ☺ your donor may have been tested, do you still have her notes from the donor agency, it should be in the medical section of those

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    Miss erin, they have started testing for the common D508 gene in some of the agencies but its not standard as yet i dont think. In greece and spain i think it is tested for all donors and i think its quite thorough. I am a D508 carrier and my husband carries another less common one, it would not have been picked up had we not requested the full cf genes test-there are loads of them- here in Australia when we started ivf. We have to get our donor screened for all cf gene mutations because he is a carrier. It took about 7 weeks for the results and i think ot was around $400. CfC said if she had of turned out to be a carrier she would not have been allowed to donate to anyone again by law. Does your partner have the cf gene?
    Thanks for the info. My DH is not a carrier as far as we know. I'm just curious really as I have started with a new OB this week and he asked if we'd ever considered testing for that. I didn't even know that we could, as previous OB hadn't mentioned it.

I don't think we'll have testing as we have no reason to think there is an issue, plus I'm16 weeks pregnant now so if we found he was a carrier it wouldn't prevent us going ahead with the pregnancy now.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (28-04-2016),Rhino  (29-04-2016)