Closed Thread
Page 95 of 102 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks KLM that is super useful to know, and so glad you got your bfp, congrats!

Gives me hope also to hear of other ladies having success with CFC after bfn... this was my first donor cycle and a big part of my was so hopeful that this would be the thing that worked. It's crushing when it doesn't work... so glad to have got some next steps now.

I asked CFC if they keep any stats on when their patients fly after transfer and whether that affects outcomes, but they said no - shame because they are in a unique position to collect those stats to see if it makes any difference to outcomes. Anyway, understand they are just offering the basics.

I find flying can be quite hard on my body - I can't sleep on planes, so it messes me up. I was thinking of staying in j'burg at the airport hotel this time to break up the flights, to be able to crash as soon as I get to SA, then taking a flight to CT the next day. Even though j'burg and CT are close, by the time we went through the airports it added 7 hours to our travel time last time - so tiring.

The other issue is jetlag - does anyone have experience with a shorter stay, is it easier to stay on oz time and avoid jetlag?

Not sure if these issues make a difference or not, but just want to give the next go my best shot. Thanks ladies <3

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fleetfox For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (25-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @fleetfox just a little tip...if you're going to consult with Dr M I definitely wouldn't book your July trip just yet. It can take awhile to get a phone consult, and then certain bloods can only be done on certain days of your cycle and then some tests can take weeks to come back...and then if you're put on certain drugs maybe you'll need to be on them for abit before they're effective. I'd just hate to see you lose money, that's all. Did you find the Immune thread on here?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fleetfox, just like KLM, our 2nd attempt with a fresh new donor was a short and sweet 'long weekend' away or so work thought. I had my lining scan over here and sent them the results and DH had (on our 1st failed attempt) left a sample with CFC which enabled us to not have to be there on EPU day. That cut a whole week out. We flew out Friday night, got there on Saturday morning incase we needed a 3dt (and didn't) so went in on the Monday for our 5dt. We flew out of CT to Joberg at 6am on Tues morning. One thing that we did, and would do again, is forward-book a room at Hotel Verde at the airport when we landed on the Saturday morning. After our transfer we drove from CFC straight to the hotel and booked in. We just dozed/slept/watched a couple of movies for the Monday arvo, got some room service and just relaxed. I was flat on my back all afternoon and night and the hotel was really clean and nice. Our Travel Agent also booked us in the last 10 rows at the back of the plane for the Joberg-Perth leg so we could claim a middle row of 4 seats each. We stretched out and slept the whole way.

Sunnygirl, congratulations on the safe arrival of your precious little bundles of joy.

@Kay2015 I'm stalking for updates, you must be getting close and @wazbub are your tiny twinlets home yet?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

Kay2015  (26-04-2016),MamaKes  (27-04-2016),Rhino  (27-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I am confused about the need to do stats re flying. It is not a risk factor and it is known. People fly soon after transfer both in Australia and overseas.

On my first ever transfer with my own eggs I drove myself to Brisbane then had to rush back to do a case in theatre that had been moved (not my choice), and get on with my life. It was a positive, but blighted. People run, do exercise and all sorts of things and end up pregnant. We are investing more heavily in what we are doing, but we have to trust our own bodies and the functionality of that embryo to go to work and burrow in.

Relax and enjoy the experience. It is far nicer than IVF with your own eggs. Being calm is probably the most important thing of all.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

HB13  (26-04-2016),JulieMalooley  (26-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jennski yes twins are now home ☺ they did so well and came home after only 2 and a half weeks. They were home before they were even technically 37 weeks (full term). Now we're just learning each other and they have great joy in being more awake at night than in the day 😈. How is your pregnancy going? Listen to everyone around you and make sure you slow down post the 20 week mark. I found that i felt fine but then all of a sudden at 28 weeks i just became super exhausted and luckily pulled my maternity leave forward. If i hadn't i would have only had 1 week at home before they arrived! @Kay2015 I'm also stalking waiting for an update from you. Fingers crossed all goes well and your bundle of joy is here soon.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wazbub For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (29-04-2016),JulieMalooley  (26-04-2016),Kay2015  (26-04-2016),Lolly99  (26-04-2016),MamaKes  (27-04-2016),Rhino  (27-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @wazbub - Wonderful to hear that your little ones are home and doing so well! That's really great news for twins to be home even before 37 weeks. Now you have the challenge of establishing a routine for not one baby but TWO!! I hope you are managing and loving every moment of your hard-earned sleep deprivation :-) :-)

@Jennski - how is your pregnancy progressing? I agree with Wazbub, you have to slow down. I have been tired at the end (we have to remember we are not 21 anymore) and one day honestly thought I was going into labor just because I had completely overdone it that day. So go slow, lie down during the day, sleep in etc. even if you feel great.

AFM, I have a C-section booked for this coming Saturday! I will be 39+1 so my Dr and I think that's a good balance between the baby being "cooked" and the risks associated with age. I've had an easy and healthy pregnancy so we don't see any of those risks materializing, but I was never going to do natural labor (due to birth complications I had with my son) so we need to choose a c-section date at some point. I am so excited to meet this little baby that I can hardly contain myself - I feel like I'm going to burst with excitement and happiness.

I am loving our 3 success stories and how far we've come since we met in SA.

xxx
    Kay

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kay2015 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (29-04-2016),Lolly99  (26-04-2016),Rhino  (27-04-2016),wazbub  (26-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Gen72 was wondering if you would kind send me some details on the known egg donor program?
    Thanks

QUOTE=Gen72;8462996]Hey @Aquinos77 I just wanted to check in that you received the email with all the info I had for you about the Australian Known Egg Donor program.

If you've got any other questions...myself Maxwellsmum & MamaKes are more than happy to help you out.

Take care
    G[/QUOTE]

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Kate83 more than happy to...I can't seem to PM you so just make a couple of quick posts so you can PM me you email...or if you feel comfortable putting it up in the forum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum... it has taken me a couple of weeks to get through the posts and have gone through a lot of highs and lows reading all your posts. Thank you all so much for your information and sharing your personal journeys !

Forgive me if I don't have all the right abbreviations yet....

My DH and I would love to be parents but my age (46) (and thus age of my eggs) is letting us down . I've wanted to have twins since I was 16 and planned on being a young mom.... sadly that wasn't the case for me - not finding love/DH until fairly recently. (My mom is a twin as is my DH).

The FS we were seeing said IVF won't work for us due to my age and suggested CT and CFC but can't assist any further. So the information from this forum which I found doing a search on CFC has been immeasurable!

We have contacted CFC and just have to chose a donor and then send in payment and papers... - that's where I'm finding it difficult... I am very concerned that most of the donors are smokers... what are your thoughts about that?

Many on this thread have mentioned an immunology regime... is that a good idea for all or just if you have a specific fertility issue?

I'm trying to figure out what exactly to ask (kind of like a blind spot - if you don't know what to ask how can you ask anything? ). I haven't quite figured out all the medications that have been mentioned in posts and if they're for everyone or not... And when someone mentioned the world egg donations done in Australia that also started a new thing for me to start researching ....

I look forward to reading about all the new BFP that are coming up!!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (28-04-2016),MamaKes  (28-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome @Rhino! I hope your CFC journey is a short successful one. I've just sent you a quick PM with info on an unproven non-smoking 18 y/o twin ED who also has a strong history of twins in her family. xx

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (28-04-2016)