Closed Thread
Page 81 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Miss Sagi it sure has been a great journey so far, and I'd recommend it to anyone who would like a known donor and doesn't have a friend or relative to donate, or doesn't want to use Australian forums to meet someone. I wouldn't have guessed how wonderful it would be to meet such lovely young women, my donor included, who is now a cherished friend no matter the result of our cycle. She's now our boys' special Aunty who lives in SA. We've all bonded with her and she's joined us on family outings and tomorrow off north to Sunshine Coast together to watch DS11's soccer game. Sad for her to leave Monday but she'd like to return one day and see more of Oz so we would host her, and we were already planning a trip to West Africa to see our family there within 2 years so she's welcomed us to make a side trip to CT and meet her family too and she's excited to show us where she's from. All in all a great experience. Only downside was a bit of nervousness around media coverage and threatened delays but small fry in big scheme of things.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (16-04-2016),Gen72  (16-04-2016),Miss Sagi  (16-04-2016),Rhino  (19-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations @MamaKes and @Gen72 it sounds like it couldn't have gone better! Yes @Gen72 that seems like forever ago that I looked at the stick when I got my BFFP. It's weird, the time has flown yet it feels like such a long long time ago that we were in SA. It worries me that time is going so fast I might have two 3 year olds pop out at my c/s lol. Im happy to catch up sometime and celebrate you BFP

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    sounds good! Maybe we should try to do that before you have your hands full

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen72 View Post
    sounds good! Maybe we should try to do that before you have your hands full
    Yeah that's not far away... Where do you live ?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (16-04-2016),MamaKes  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKes View Post
    @Miss Sagi it sure has been a great journey so far, and I'd recommend it to anyone who would like a known donor and doesn't have a friend or relative to donate, or doesn't want to use Australian forums to meet someone. I wouldn't have guessed how wonderful it would be to meet such lovely young women, my donor included, who is now a cherished friend no matter the result of our cycle. She's now our boys' special Aunty who lives in SA. We've all bonded with her and she's joined us on family outings and tomorrow off north to Sunshine Coast together to watch DS11's soccer game. Sad for her to leave Monday but she'd like to return one day and see more of Oz so we would host her, and we were already planning a trip to West Africa to see our family there within 2 years so she's welcomed us to make a side trip to CT and meet her family too and she's excited to show us where she's from. All in all a great experience. Only downside was a bit of nervousness around media coverage and threatened delays but small fry in big scheme of things.
    Another great experience shared. Thanks so much MamaKes 😊

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (16-04-2016),MamaKes  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    PS. I know someone who was considering this option a couple of months ago. I hope she's lurking so she can read about your positive experiences 😊

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm down at Wynnum...but would love the drive up to Redcliffe to come see you... there are some awesome places for lunch up there. If you're up for it and not too tired by then? Keep it in mind and I'll PM you at a later date as to when might suit you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope so too @Miss Sagi - happy to pass on any info to anyone who is interested - PM away!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gen72 sounds like a beautiful experience. Im so happy that you got a great collection, such a beautiful gift for your amazing DA! Wishing you and @MamaKes all the best. I wish this had been around last year/wish i had known about it. We may have decided to chose that option but we have our upcoming trip to SA so i will focus on that and hope it all works out well xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gen72 sounds like a beautiful experience. Im so happy that you got a great collection, such a beautiful gift for your amazing DA! Wishing you and @MamaKes all the best. I wish this had been around last year/wish i had known about it. We may have decided to chose that option but we have our upcoming trip to SA so i will focus on that and hope it all works out well xxx

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (16-04-2016)