Closed Thread
Page 72 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 1011
  1. #711
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    436
    Thanked
    359
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    @MissSagi and @Jennski how many weeks do you need to put aside to organise the lucrin? Is it 2 weeks for organising and ordering and 2 weeks in the post/customs? X
    ECM, when I bought it, they got it away in the post the same day that I gave them my c/card details (I emailed them at night which was their morning so they had time). It took about 10 days to get to me. If you go this option, make sure they send it by the postal system, not by courier, as it takes even longer. In hindsight, I should have organised it as soon as I made up my mind to go that way; it could have sat in the cupboard for a few weeks until needed. As it was, I think it only arrived the day before I needed it.

    I looked up my invoice for the cost:
    Prostap: $495
    Conversion to UK script: $80
    Shipping: $125

    Total: $700
    This was charged in US dollars.

    So if you are going to use it, and it was sooo much easier than carting around that nasal stuff, just get it and throw it in the cupboard till you need it.


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

    ECM1981  (10-04-2016)

  3. #712
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    735
    Thanks
    1,163
    Thanked
    1,322
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennski View Post
    ECM, when I bought it, they got it away in the post the same day that I gave them my c/card details (I emailed them at night which was their morning so they had time). It took about 10 days to get to me. If you go this option, make sure they send it by the postal system, not by courier, as it takes even longer. In hindsight, I should have organised it as soon as I made up my mind to go that way; it could have sat in the cupboard for a few weeks until needed. As it was, I think it only arrived the day before I needed it.

    I looked up my invoice for the cost:
    Prostap: $495
    Conversion to UK script: $80
    Shipping: $125

    Total: $700
    This was charged in US dollars.

    So if you are going to use it, and it was sooo much easier than carting around that nasal stuff, just get it and throw it in the cupboard till you need it.

    I don't remember exactly but mine was alot cheaper than that and I paid in £ not USD.

  4. #713
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    15
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    @Tahli sorry I didn't have much luck with the pharmacist, he didn't know much. I will have a chat to Dr M Monday. Looking forward to what your hubby finds @HB13. I would much rather a one of injection instead of syneral.
    Hello, hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I am currently on zoladex which is similar to lucrin. I work in phmcy also. I have a diagnosis that requires a few months of this injection so it will tie in with down reg for SA. I am using a FS here who writes the script. It used to be authority or private but is now general so is just $38.30. Saves on using the international pharmacy &/or daily use of synarel. Best to all.

  5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Itwilhappen For This Useful Post:

    ECM1981  (10-04-2016),emski72  (10-04-2016),HB13  (10-04-2016),Miss Sagi  (09-04-2016),Tahli  (11-04-2016)

  6. #714
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    perth
    Posts
    523
    Thanks
    717
    Thanked
    657
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Jennski thanks for info @ItWillHappen so is zoladex the same drug as lucrin? Can it be used as a depot injection one off? Thanks

  7. #715
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cairns
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked
    208
    Reviews
    0
    Hi @ECM1981 I also used Zoladex before my SA transfer - I had three injections over the course of 3 months to suppress my adenomyosis. Dr Matebese was fine with me using it as an alternative to the other down reg meds. I can't say whether it is the same as lucrin but it works by blocking the effects of estrogen... it certainly did the trick for me as I'm now 12 weeks pregnant. As @ItWillHappen said the Zoladex is available through the PBS at $38 or so an injection - just make sure that whoever does your injection uses some local anesthetic or numbing cream as they can be a bit painful. Wishing you all the very best in SA. FFxx
    Last edited by Felicity Fox; 10-04-2016 at 08:50.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Felicity Fox For This Useful Post:

    AdelMum  (12-04-2016),ECM1981  (10-04-2016),HB13  (10-04-2016)

  9. #716
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked
    32
    Reviews
    0
    You cant get Lucrin ( leuprolide) in 3.75 in Australia only 7.5, you can however get the other depot injection Triptorelin , your pharmacy or Chemist warehouse can order it. it was $400 but now you can get it for about $40, its on a subsidised list.
    I was actually wanting to find out if anyone bought a small gift for their donors ?

  10. #717
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    735
    Thanks
    1,163
    Thanked
    1,322
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes I bought my donor a willow tree figurine with a thank you card. Not expensive and has an individual meaning.

  11. #718
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    768
    Thanks
    660
    Thanked
    1,022
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Egg Donation in South Africa #12

    Quote Originally Posted by arall View Post
    I was actually wanting to find out if anyone bought a small gift for their donors ?
    Yes - we bought a piece from Pandora. We added some charms that reflected things of significance to her (from her profile) and us.

    I also added a (long) personal letter but you have to be careful to not have any identifiable information included.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

    HB13  (11-04-2016)

  13. #719
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked
    119
    Reviews
    0
    Love that word ...lurking I too am guilty of that. I've messaged a couple of lovely ladies on here over the past 6 months who have helped me feel more calm about the process.

    I've had confirmation that CFC have received my deposit but no response from my co-ordinator to say what happens next. Was hoping for early July to fit in with my planned leave but the later it takes to confirm everything it looks like it might push out to August. Trying to stay unconcerned by the no contact is proving to be difficult - I'm a self-confessed control freak.

    I think I need a new hobby to keep my mind off of it all

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Offshorechick For This Useful Post:

    Rhino  (19-04-2016)

  15. #720
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked
    94
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshorechick View Post
    Love that word ...lurking I too am guilty of that. I've messaged a couple of lovely ladies on here over the past 6 months who have helped me feel more calm about the process.

    I've had confirmation that CFC have received my deposit but no response from my co-ordinator to say what happens next. Was hoping for early July to fit in with my planned leave but the later it takes to confirm everything it looks like it might push out to August. Trying to stay unconcerned by the no contact is proving to be difficult - I'm a self-confessed control freak.

    I think I need a new hobby to keep my mind off of it all
    Hi Offshorechick, I am also hoping to be over early July as its my school holidays and pretty hard for me to take leave at any other time. I put it in an email to both the donor agency and CFC emphasizing when I need to be there! I haven't heard anything either since my payment but from what I've read on their page it takes up to 1-2 weeks for the donor to have their first appointment then another 2 weeks to get the testing done. I'm pretty sure they update you once they've seen the donor.
    Good luck!

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to HB13 For This Useful Post:

    Offshorechick  (11-04-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Egg Donation in South Africa #10
    By January in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 1048
    Last Post: 24-09-2015, 16:41
  2. Egg Donation in South Africa #9
    By KMP in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 984
    Last Post: 20-07-2015, 10:34
  3. Egg Donation in South Africa #7
    By emski72 in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 1114
    Last Post: 15-02-2015, 17:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
SportsMed SubiacoSportsMed Subiaco's experienced physiotherapists offer a variety of exercise options for pregnant women and new mothers ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›