+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 112
  1. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,650
    Thanks
    1,340
    Thanked
    2,620
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What on earth did you put $10000 into?

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,023
    Thanks
    1,958
    Thanked
    1,508
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    What on earth did you put $10000 into?
    We painted it and attempted to remove the mould. Plus half the air con unit (which hasn't yet gone in).

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,910
    Thanks
    4,793
    Thanked
    4,236
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    painting I can understand, even though I personally wouldn't spend $10 on someone else's property. the AC, surely it's a moveable one? you can't spend money on a permanent fixture? what will you do with it when you move?

    and the mould issue, if have forced the landlord to fix it prior to moving in. that's an ownership issue, not a tenants responsibility

    sheesh, put the $10k towards a deposit for a place of your own next time!!! your landlord must be loving you two!!

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

    HollyGolightly81  (16-01-2016),Ngaiz  (15-01-2016),Purple Poppy  (15-01-2016)

  5. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,723
    Thanks
    3,792
    Thanked
    3,839
    Reviews
    17
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    We painted it and attempted to remove the mould. Plus half the air con unit (which hasn't yet gone in).
    Mil just paid 12k or less to have her investment home fitted with a good reverse cycle ducted air con. She paid the lot knowing she could claim it all back on tax. I can understand if you wanted to pay to have it painted but to pay to have air con installed is just crazy. Even if you want to live there long term. That amount of money is a good start to a deposit on your own home especially if that amount of money is no big deal to you.

  6. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    250
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked
    205
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    We painted it and attempted to remove the mould. Plus half the air con unit (which hasn't yet gone in).
    Not to be rude - but that was kinda dumb.

    The landlord should have removed the mould - it should have occurred before you moved in.

    Don't expect to see a cent of that 10grand back.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to alliecat89 For This Useful Post:

    VicPark  (15-01-2016)

  8. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,023
    Thanks
    1,958
    Thanked
    1,508
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That landlord WILL remove the mould- it's still there. We just had to do something in the meantime.

    We agreed to pay half of the aircon as there was none, and we wanted it.

    We don't expect to see any of that money back, why would we?

  9. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,023
    Thanks
    1,958
    Thanked
    1,508
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Mil just paid 12k or less to have her investment home fitted with a good reverse cycle ducted air con. She paid the lot knowing she could claim it all back on tax. I can understand if you wanted to pay to have it painted but to pay to have air con installed is just crazy. Even if you want to live there long term. That amount of money is a good start to a deposit on your own home especially if that amount of money is no big deal to you.
    We already have a deposit, thanks.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

    babyno1onboard  (15-01-2016),DesperatelySeekingSleep  (15-01-2016)

  11. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,240
    Thanks
    761
    Thanked
    783
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When Dh and I were landlords (we weren't ready to move into the house we bought). I remember having to give notice if we wanted to do an inspection. I would have never, ever have turned up.Is the air con removable? If you chipped in some $, what happens when you move in approx 5yrs or they don't extend the lease?

  12. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    250
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked
    205
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    That landlord WILL remove the mould- it's still there. We just had to do something in the meantime.

    We agreed to pay half of the aircon as there was none, and we wanted it.

    We don't expect to see any of that money back, why would we?
    Honestly I would have refused to start the lease until the mould was removed.

    Why put your health at risk because of a lazy landlord.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to alliecat89 For This Useful Post:

    VicPark  (15-01-2016)

  14. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,910
    Thanks
    4,793
    Thanked
    4,236
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    When Dh and I were landlords (we weren't ready to move into the house we bought). I remember having to give notice if we wanted to do an inspection. I would have never, ever have turned up.Is the air con removable? If you chipped in some $, what happens when you move in approx 5yrs or they don't extend the lease?
    if the landlord has a copy of the tax invoice he'll probably just claim the whole lot in his tax and get half a free AC plus the tax benefit to go with it.

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

    ChatlotteA  (15-01-2016),DesperatelySeekingSleep  (15-01-2016),VicPark  (15-01-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Legal Advice- who from?
    By DT75 in forum Step-parents / Blended families
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-10-2015, 14:48
  2. Staircase- legal requirements qld
    By SheWarrior in forum House & Gardens
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-09-2015, 14:10
  3. Legal movie downloads/hire
    By 2BlueBirds in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-06-2015, 20:33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Baby Car Seats and Infant Car RestraintsBuying a baby car seat? Check out our 'go-to' links here!
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›